Hiya,

Great thread so I'd thought I would give it a go.

Silly question, but how can I manage San Marino club and international teams without creating a second manager?

Thanks

Without creating a second mamager you'll just have to wait 'til the current one gets sacked and then apply for the job. You can just make a 2nd one, take the job and immediately retire though.

Club Season 2014/2015: Serie A Summer Update

Finally completed an exhausting pre-season and now the Titani are ready to take on Serie A!

View attachment 206091View attachment 206088

An extemely busy transfer session for San Marino as we had to upgrade several positions to meet Serie A standard while also getting rid of some deadwood. We had to replace our first choice GK and ST (Vid Belec and Enzo Scorza were both sold) and the defence in particular had to undergo a major overhaul. Last season's stars Lorenzo Crisetig, Davide Petrucci and Eric will still be undisputed first choice in Serie A. Key signings for first team:

View attachment 206087View attachment 206095View attachment 206090View attachment 206096

Marco Amelia is a quality keeper with plenty of experience at both Serie A and international level and after firing his agent accepted a very reasonable wage. Centre-back Nelson Rivas will bring some much needed quickness and aggression to our defence; at 31 he's not getting any younger but his physical attributes still look great and I'm confident he will be a useful player until 34-35. Former Liverpool and PSG star Mohamed Sissoko is an excellent addition to our midfield and a perfect fit for my tactics. Bruno Veiga is going to be our first choice striker this year and I'm quite happy with his signing: he's still young at 24, has good stats in the right places, some nice PPM's and is also competent at AML, which could prove very useful for his future at the club.

I also signed LOTS of young players all very promising and all for free, most of them already "dubbed the next..." or "labelled the new...". Here are a few of them:

View attachment 206094View attachment 206093View attachment 206092View attachment 206089

The French GK and the German/Russian left back look like they could become quite something. Most of the other youngsters won't have a future with San Marino, nonetheless I'm confident they will generate some nice profit via sells or co-ownerships.

And finally the Titani's typical pre-match routine ;)

[video=youtube;betOQUfraN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betOQUfraN8[/video]

Enzo Scorza Tribute

Before going on with the regular updates here's a little tribute to legendary striker Enzo Scorza, who has recently parted ways with San Marino after three fantastic years.

View attachment 206703View attachment 206702

Selling Scorza to Parma was tough but was probably the right thing for both the player and the club: Enzo will have the chance to prove himself at Serie A level while we made a decent profit from a player no more in my first team plans. He was also in the last year of his contract and his attributes were slightly declining after a serious injury, which was a key factor in making this decision.

Enzo Scorza leaves San Marino as a true hero after winning many trophies and individual awards, having also reached Icon status at the club after 113 goals in 116 total apps for the club.

View attachment 206706View attachment 206704View attachment 206705View attachment 206707

Three consecutive League Top Scorer awards were the highlight of a wonderful career with San Marino. Here's a list of all the trophies, awards and club records of little big man Enzo Scorza.

Club

- Serie C2
- Serie C2 Super Cup
- Serie C1
- Serie C1 Super Cup
- Serie C Cup (2)
- Serie B

Individual

- Serie C2 Top Scorer
- Serie C2 Team of the Year
- Serie C1 Top Scorer
- Serie C1 Team of the Year
- Serie B Top Scorer
- Serie B Team of the Year
- Fans Player of the Year (2)

Club Records

- Top Goalscorer in a Single Season: 39
- Top League Goalscorer in a Single Season: 34
- Most Goals in a Match: 4
- Most League Goals for the Club: 99
- Fastest Goal: 25 seconds

Not too bad for a guy who had fallen all the way down to Italian Serie D (5th tier) after a promising youth career in Uruguay (including caps for la Celeste at U20 level). And finally a small video tribute:

[video=youtube;7nv8BBTVcCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv8BBTVcCI[/video]

Last edited:
Sadly I was not able to sign Enzo Scorza at first, I'm admired how most of you guys did. He went to Piacenza in mine.

you should start again and get him, its so worth it
got him first day of the season on 2k per week

Well, I'm in C1 already so I suppose it's not worth it in this case. No point playing a season over again. I'll look forward to see if I can get him later.

Well, I'm in C1 already so I suppose it's not worth it in this case. No point playing a season over again. I'll look forward to see if I can get him later.

yeah i know i wouldnt even but if you had only just started then i would

National Team: Year 2014

View attachment 207207View attachment 207216View attachment 207219

All in all a promising year for San Marino NT as we had some decent results in fiendly matches and made consistent progress in FIFA Rankings, standing proud at 161st. For the first time since my appointment I thought we were playing something that looked like football! Still no luck in competitive matches though, despite the final score the 1-5 loss against N.Ireland was actually quite a close game unfortunately Kyle Lafferty was scoring at will that night.

Our best result against "high-profile" (89th...) Kyrgyzstan, a good performance overall:

View attachment 207218View attachment 207217

There were a few things that helped our relatively good form in 2014: Mirko Palazzi finally came out of international retirement while promising teenager Niko Micheli decided to accept the call-up for San Marino. They both became automatic first choice at MC and brought some much needed quality to our weak midfield which was really amateur level until then. Palazzi made an emphatic rentrée to the NT by scoring a screamer from distance against Kyrgyzstan.

Elsewhere a new Sammarinese starlet was born: versatile youngster Pierangelo Sposito appeared in the local amateur league and soon became a regular for Mauro Tassotti and his San Marino U21. I realised he was already good enough for the senior NT and made him first choice at left back at just 16. Sposito also joined San Marino club during the season so that I can personally follow his development.

The other young players are all progressing nicely, CB Luca Tagliani is looking particularly promising and looks like he could have a good Serie A career. Here's San Marino core of young players:

View attachment 207214View attachment 207213View attachment 207212View attachment 207211View attachment 207210View attachment 207209View attachment 207208

2014 wasn't all good news for San Marino though: promising attacker Giuseppe Vitiello, probably the brightest prospect in the whole country together with Tagliani, is still rejecting any call-up as of January 2015. Young striker Giovanni Biondo, another Serie A caliber pospect already capped for SM, had a devastating knee injury and will be out for 10-12 months, which will certainly harm his development if not his whole career (attributes already falling down).

Coming soon: winter update of 2014/15 club season.

Last edited:
Serie A 2014/15: Winter Update

Quick mid-season update just after the winter transfer window:

View attachment 207943View attachment 207944

A good season for San Marino so far, defence has been a bit shaky at times but I'm very pleased with our overall performances and especially our home form. We have started to play really well after the Christmas break, the whole team is looking much more solid now and we had some excellent results in January. If we can keep this form until the end of the season we could shock the league and push for an unlikely Europa League spot for next year.

View attachment 207945View attachment 207946

Bruno Veiga has played very well in the first half of the season, probably he's more a playmaker forward than a pure goal scorer nonetheless he's currently leading Serie A with 14 goals in 23 matches, including a beautiful hat-trick against Palermo.

After summer frenzy San Marino had a quiet transfer campaign in January, signing a couple of free youngters and sending a few prospects out on loan. Only signing for the first team was Brazilian/Italian centre back Paulo André who joined for free from Vitoria da Bahia. Paulo has become instant first choice at CB forming a solid partnership with Nelson Rivas; his size and stength in the air have really changed the look of our defence.

View attachment 207947View attachment 207949

Despite a nice start with San Marino I can't really see Bruno Veiga being our star striker for the future. He will be a useful player and will probably see consistent playing time both at ST and AML positions, but I'm looking for something else for the lead striker role. Something like Ailton maybe:

View attachment 207948View attachment 207950

I've been tracking Ailton since he was 16 and missed on him twice (due to Italian rules for non-EU) before finally signing him for 2015/16 (as I had already used non-EU spots for this season). He has had a somewhat unusual career so far, being released from Gremio and then signed by unfashionable Peruvian side Juan Aurich despite being first choice for Brazil U20. On a side note Ailton has dual nationality Brazil/Uruguay, which brings memories of another Uruguayan striker who did decently with San Marino: club icon Enzo Scorza. Hopefully this could be a sign of good things to come for both Ailton and the club.

Next update coming soon with best prospects from this year youth intake.

Sorry for off topic but what exp do i choose for san marino challegene?

2015 Youth Intake

Well this is always a very important time of the year for San Marino, and I had high expectations for the 2015 youth intake: it was our very first one as a Serie A club, plus we had recently upgraded Junior Coaching to excellent and Youth Recruitment Network to average.

Here are this year's brightest prospects:

View attachment 208369View attachment 208370View attachment 208371

Class of 2015 was a good one overall. These are all decent/good Serie A caliber prospects with nice potential (there were a couple more but unfortunately they're fully Italians, so won't get much love from me). Midfielder Simone Foresti looks particularly promising and is already in my first team plans for the NT, luckily he's 100% Sammarinese so no problem whatsoever. Hopefully he will become a good deep lying playmaker even at Serie A level.

However the most exciting prospect of 2015 youth intake was this kid here:

View attachment 208372View attachment 208373View attachment 208374View attachment 208375

Alessandro Paolone is a promising striker who according to our most qualified coaches has the potential to become a leading Serie A striker (4.5 stars), and to play at a similar level to Bruno Veiga (3.5 stars). I was so excited about Alessandro that I decided to give him 20 minutes in the last couple of games of the season, and guess what happened: he scored on his debut (an easy 4-1 win against Cagliari) thus setting a new club record for youngest goalscorer. His value has risen to 1M euros as of June 2015, and European giants AC Milan appear to be very interested in him. Won't even consider selling him though, as I have big plans for Alessandro both with club and NT. He's rejecting the call up for San Marino at the moment as unfortunately he has dual SM/Italian nationality.

Speaking of the NT, a quick update before the full 2015 review: San Marino have just won the first competitive match in their history!

View attachment 208376

It was an EURO qualifier against a weak Luxembourg team, Juri Biordi's header was enough to ensure the long awaited win. This should also be a big boost to our FIFA ranking (160th before the match).

I think that AILTON will really change your future.. He's sooooo good and he's for sure a future worldclass striker.

I'm a bit disappointed by your youth arrival (it seemed better last year no?) due to your youth facilities' and network's improvement.

You did by far the harder part but you'll soon meet the duality : improve players' level in order to win italian and european titles / make play your san marino player to help them develop (do you have already good feeder club?)...

Anyway, Good luck and I will still follow your very interesting story... so you have too play more and more in the future !!!! :)

I think that AILTON will really change your future.. He's sooooo good and he's for sure a future worldclass striker.

I'm a bit disappointed by your youth arrival (it seemed better last year no?) due to your youth facilities' and network's improvement.

You did by far the harder part but you'll soon meet the duality : improve players' level in order to win italian and european titles / make play your san marino player to help them develop (do you have already good feeder club?)...

Anyway, Good luck and I will still follow your very interesting story... so you have too play more and more in the future !!!! :)

Yeah I have high hopes for Ailton, the lone striker role is very important in my tactics Bruno Veiga did alright but Ailton could be a superstar.

Youth intake was decent overall, I'm fine having at least a couple of standout prospects every year. MC Simone Foresti is one of the best midfielders in the country at 16 and has nice potential. ST Alessandro Paolone could become something special and he's possibly the most exciting prospect ever produced at SM. Some key attributes are already very promising (pace, acceleration, dribbling, finishing) and his PA looks amazing. If he develops like I expect he could very well become a first team player someday...

feeder clubs are still quit ****** (serie C1, Spanish Segunda B2 and French CFA), luckily I have received loan offers from better clubs (DC Luca Tagliani will play in Serie B for 2015/16).

Thanks for following, I'll keep playing for a long time as my long term goal is to win Serie A with a squad only composed by Sammarinese players ;)

Club Season 2014/2015: Serie A

League & Cups Results

View attachment 208894View attachment 208895View attachment 208896

First season in Serie A for San Marino and the results were very promising for sure. We played decently until the winter break, defence wasn't so solid but our excellent home form and some vintage performances by striker Bruno Veiga kept us consistently in top 10 positions. Second half of the season was simply fantastic: new signings were gelling well, defence played with more confidence and the whole team generally performed much better. We finished 5th thus gaining a spot for Europa League, and also scored more goals than any other team in Serie A. Not too bad if you compare our team salary to our fellow Serie A clubs.

The Italian Cup was quite disappointing this year: we used to cause big upsets beating Serie A clubs when San Marino played in lower divisions, but this time it was Titani's turn to suffer defeat from Serie B side Catania. We fielded a young, inexperienced team and to be fair we were deserving to win that game, hopefully this will teach our youngsters a lesson for the future.

Best 11 & Key Players

View attachment 208897View attachment 208898View attachment 208899View attachment 208900

A few San Marino players enjoyed individual success after an excellent season for the club: Eric and Bruno Veiga were selected for Serie A Team of the Year. The striker also finished 2nd Top Scorer only behind Napoli's world class forward Edinson Cavani. Davide Petrucci won Serie A Young Player of the Year.

My honorable mentions for 2014/15:

Marco Amelia: it all starts with a good keeper. Amelia has been very consistent through the season and his performances were often the difference between a win or a draw. A top class goalkeeper and an excellent role model for our youngsters, don't expect Marco to lose his place in goal anytime soon.

Nelson Rivas & Paulo André: Paulo André really changed the look of our defence since he joined San Marino in January, his strength and aerial ability were a key to improve the whole defence. He also scored 7 goals from set pieces, while our team had scored a grand total of ZERO goals from corners/indirect free kicks before his signing. Nelson Rivas was the other first choice CB and his quickness was simply vital to keep up with serie A pacey strikers. Also he seemed to injure his direct opponent almost every game, which I admit I liked a lot...

Lorenzo Crisetig: the young midfielder was still first choice after a fantastic season in Serie B, and I was very pleased with his Serie A performances as well. Crisetig is improving day by day and is quickly developing into a complete midfield general. Touted as the next Daniele De Rossi, Lorenzo could very well become an Italian international sooner or later, as well as San Marino club captain.

Eric: I can't believe he was playing Serie C1 football for San Marino only a couple of seasons ago. Eric was always a quality player who could make the difference for most Serie A sides, and finally had the chance to prove it. King Eric had another great season scoring 11 goals and delivering 14 assists, thus earning a place in Serie A Team of the Year. Fans' Player of the Year for 2014/15 as well. O Maestro.

Bruno Veiga: our first choice striker, Bruno had an impressive start with San Marino as he was scoring for fun in the first half of the season, leading all scorers in Serie A and looking one of the most effective players in the league. His form worsened a bit towards the end of the season, and Bruno was often looking more like a playmaker than a goal hunter, which is not good for his role at least in my tactics and my idea of football. Nonetheless Bruno was 2nd Top Scorer in Serie A with 19 goals and was also selected for Team of the Year.

The Future

After an excellent first season in Serie A my goal is to confirm our position as a top half club, and hopefully qualify again for European competitions. Europa League will be a good chance to give playing time to our promising young players, and will also bring some extra money to the club which is always nice.

View attachment 208901

With the signing of Brazilian striker Ailton already confirmed we can now concentrate on other areas: Paulo André and Nelson Rivas have formed a good partnership at CB but they're both 32 and slighlty declining so a new, younger centre back is certainly in my plans.

Giampiero Pinzi and Lucas Rimoldi retired at the end of the season while Giacomo Zappacosta was released, so at least one quality central midfielder is going to be a priority for San Marino.

Upgrades at DR and AML are also a possibility, though not a pressing concern.

Next update should be here soon after I complete pre-season and summer transfers. Any other screen you'd like to see, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Serie A 2015/2016: Summer Update

Transfers Summary

View attachment 209522

It was another busy summer for San Marino as we tried to improve our weaker areas and add squad depth to face our first season of continental football. Our budget was decent thanks to a number of sells and co-ownership offers, and the market offered us a few nice deals at very reasonable price.

Key signings for first team:

View attachment 209526View attachment 209525View attachment 209524View attachment 209523

- Giuseppe Prestia (2M from Torino): promising young centre back set to become automatic first choice for both present and future. Torino's relegation activated a 2M clause and we immediately took advantage of that.

- Jerry Vandam (4M from Standard): Aldo Corzo was my main target to improve our weak right back position, his club Empoli was willing to sell for 2M, but unfortunately he refused any contract talk. French/Gahnaian defender Vandam was a decent consolation prize and should offer a reliable option at RB.

- Medo (3M from Cesena): our parent club Cesena were relegated and midfield dynamo Medo requested transfer, so a 3M offer was enough to land this versatile, hard working midfielder. An excellent addition at MC together with Frenchman Maxime Gonalons (2.7M from Mallorca, transfer listed)

- Ailton (2M from Juan Aurich): highly anticipated signing for ST position. Already impressive during pre-season, Ailton could be San Marino superstar striker for the next 10 years.

As usual we also signed a few promising youngsters - some will become first team players, other will only be a source of future profit for the club. Most promising youth signings:

View attachment 209529View attachment 209528View attachment 209527

Europa League

Before the start of Serie A San Marino had to face CFR Cluji in Europa League (Euro Cup in FM), and we were determined to win and qualify for group stage.

View attachment 209531View attachment 209530

Ailton scored in the first minute of his first game for San Marino, and eventually it was a hat-trick début for him in a 4-1 away win despite an early red card for Momo Sissoko. 2nd leg at home proved to be even easier, which gave me the chance to field four Sammarinese kids during the match; SM golden boy Alessandro Paolone scored a brace coming off the bench, what a fantastic prospect he is (still waiting for him to accept SM call-up...)

Our group:

View attachment 209532

I will mainly use Europa League to give first team experience to the club's promising youngsters, should be a good challenge for the lads.

Stadium & Facilities

The Olimpico was finally expanded to 8.000 seats (I hadn't even asked...), while training+youth facilities were upgraded to average and adequate respectively. Junior Coaching was also improved, and has now reached exceptional level. Hopefully this will have a positive effect on our next youth intake.

Last edited:
National Team: Year 2015

View attachment 210255View attachment 210256View attachment 210257View attachment 210258

This was an excellent year for the national team: San Marino recorded the very first competitive win in their history against Luxembourg, then beat a strong Israel team and Luxembourg again to finish with a respectable 9 points in our EURO qualifying group. Decent 0-1 losses against Greece and especially Spain were also very encouraging.

View attachment 210259View attachment 210260

These results together with our good form in friendlies took San Marino to 98th place in FIFA Rankings, which is not too bad considering we started at 207th back in 2011. Feels good to be a Top 100 NT after less than five years :)

Several young players have progressed well, which gave me the chance to set more attacking tactics so now I'm using a tweaked version of my trademark 4-3-2-1, same I've always used for the club. We actually displayed some sexy football in the last match against Luxembourg ;)

Our young back four has been quite solid and it's probably San Marino's most reliable unit. CB Luca Tagliani keeps progressing nicely and is having an excellent season on loan in Serie B. Midfield could use a couple of upgrades but Niko Micheli has been very promising in the key MC position. Both Tagliani and Micheli are very much in my future plans not only for the NT, but also for San Marino club.

Forwards/attackers are our weakest area at the moment: Ciro Napoli is our most gifted attacker doing decently at AML, but hasn't progressed as expected and is currently struggling to get first team football while on loan in Serie C1. Mattia Stefanelli is still our first choice striker though honestly we'd need something better at this point.

And we do have something better actually, unfortunately Giuseppe Vitiello and Alessandro Paolone have no intention to accept SM call-up at the moment. Vitiello has been rejecting SM since 2012, not sure what he's thinking, to be honest he's a good prospect and would be instant first choice for SM but can't see him as a future Italian international. On the other hand I could see Italy U19 calling Paolone very soon if he doesn't declare for SM: he's doing very well with the club, just turned 17 and he's probably the hottest U18 prospect in whole Serie A. Here's a recent screen:

View attachment 210261

The Future

Future looks indeed promising for San Marino, especially if we can keep producing classy prospects - and get them to play for SM, that is. My goal is to confirm our status as a Top 100 NT and hopefully keep progressing in FIFA rankings.

It won't be easy though, especially looking at our next World Cup qualifying group:

View attachment 210267

Not the kindest draw to be honest, will be very hard to avoid last place this time...

i can see you beating iceland home and away and possibly nicking something out of the latvia games. i reckon you'll end up with 7 or 8 points.

Top 100, nice job.
It will be really arsh next time, but you can maybe do smthg against latvia or iceland... Your friend games will also be crucial.

Nevertheless, I think National team is a bonus for the moment. You should really keep focus on youth training and then on pro training.

And keep your fingers crossed each year with the new regens' arrival !!!