Just read your end of career updates again, very impressive stuff man. If I would have known you were considering this challenge again for FM13, I wouldn't have started a story on it myself. Your success is extremely humbling, I don't know if I'll every reach the standard you have!

no way man, you're doing great with your own career! you qualified for european competitions while in Serie B and won a spot for CL in you first Serie A season, which is something I never achieved!

it's good to see other people doing well with the challenge in FM13, always like to follow a good SM story :)

winter update should come tonight, with the cantera team facing their first Club World Cup

Club Season 2026/27: Winter Update

View attachment 289473View attachment 289479View attachment 289474

A good first half of the season for San Marino as the Titani lead Serie A (though tied with a strong Fiorentina team at the winter break) while also winning comfortably their Champions League group. For the first time in years the league might be a very close affair with Inter and especially Fiorentina looking totally competitive at the moment. Winning Serie A doesn't look like a certainty right now!

After World Cup disappointment the Cantera kids had the chance to partially redeem themselves at the Club World Cup, well maybe that's not the same thing but hey it's a start...

View attachment 289475View attachment 289476

A comfortable 4-1 win VS Cruz Azul in the semifinal was followed by a dominating 7-1 against Al-Shabab (!?), well that was way too easy, still a nice achievement for the club considering San Marino have won Champions League and Club World Cup using a strict cantera policy.

Club legend and future captain Emanuele Bartoloni continued San Marino tradition winning World Player Of The Year: this was the sixth time in a row that a Titani player has won the award, with Bart being the second Sammarinese player to ever receive this honour after the great Alessandro Paolone.

View attachment 289503View attachment 289504

Bartoloni was also selected for the World Team Of The Year, joining fellow Sammarinese stars Lazzaro Dessi, Matteo Leonardi and Alessandro Paolone in the squad. In a remarkable year Bart also scooped most of Serie A awards including Player Of The Year, Young POY, Fans POY and Foreign POY. Fun fact: during his career Bartoloni has won both Italian POY (he was considered Italian when he played for Italy U21) and Foreign POY, I guess this makes a lot of sense right?

NT update coming soon.

National Team Year 2026: Post World Cup

View attachment 289710View attachment 289711

A quiet second half of 2026 for the national team after the World Cup fiasco, as San Marino started their European Championship qualifying group with easy wins against the likes of Georgia and Armenia. We have quite an easy group this time so I expect to qualify comfortably while also testing new players for the senior team.

Apparently Italy aren't available for a friendly match until next August (!) so we had a few low profile friendlies this year, nothing to write home about honestly. After their run in last World Cup Argentina and France have climbed up World Rankings which means San Marino fell to 3rd place in WR to finish 2026. Not cool!

Youth teams didn't have any official match after the summer, we had plenty of friendlies though and results have been quite encouraging. 2027 is going to be an extremely busy year for U19 and U21 with crucial EURO qualifying round at both levels plus the Toulon Youth Festival (all will take place between May/June). Will try my best especially to earn a spot for the Olympics.

Most of former key players are turning 22 in 2027 which means they're not eligible for U21 any longer, hopefully the best U19 prospects can carry both teams this year. These are the brightest teenage prospects at the moment:

View attachment 289725View attachment 289726View attachment 289727

Tenacious defensive midfielder Alessandro Montemitoli might be the best prospect ever produced at the club and could soon become a key player for club and senior NT. Striker Roberto Pozzi is progressing nicely, hopefully he can develop into a legit alternative for star strikers Paolone and Pedrocchi sooner rather than later.​

Great to see 'my' San Marino legend Eric scoring a wonderful - though slightly random - goal irl against my favourite team Fiorentina.

[video=youtube;ORzzTUStbjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzzTUStbjE[/video]

an amazing bycicle kick, and actually a good performance against a superior side in this Europa League fixture - Fiorentina won 2-1 eventually. Great to see a FM cult player of mine doing well irl, esp against my team!

After a FM13 holiday I've started my long term San Marino save in FM14 - doing decently in first season fighting for promotion with an average squad - though I must say I'm not liking current ME very much... still I plan starting my new SM story soon, hopefully I can have some success and generate some interest again :)