CardozoThePro

Reaction score
It was a typical cold windy day as Mike Knowles stood there watching the latest batch of youngsters. Who had been lucky enough to recieve the chance to try out for a place in Tottenham Hotspur's youth academy suddenly his phone began to vibrate. Without the slightest hesitation he pulled the phone from out of his pocket to see who was calling.

"Why hello there Giovanni, how can i help you?'' Asked the English scout.
"You might want to book a flight over to Buenos Aries as soon as possible Mike." Replied the young Mexican.
"Go on."
"Well, i think i might have found a hidden gem, he reminds me off Xabi Alonso"
The scout paused for a couple seconds as he glanced at his list of trialist's.
"Why not, theres not one person on here whos favoured position is centre mid. It's a f****** disgrace whats become of the British youth, all a bunch of show boating wannabe prats."
"Brilliant, his next game is in 3 days against Boca's U17's. Ring me when you arrive."
"Very well. By the way who does he play for ? You didn't mention it."
"Huracán U17's, they're 3rd in the league and he's a key factor cording to the locals"
"Great, lets hope he lives up to what i've heard so far. See you soon."
"Adios Amigo"

Mike laughed as he hung up. As he placed his mobile back into his pocket, looking back up to see one of the youngster's smashed a free kick into the top corner. The scout noded in approval, he then turned and walked towards the car park to get ready for his journey.

Arklow%20Town%20v%20Republic%20of%20Ireland%20U16%2031.jpg

The free kick that was scored as Mike left.

"Micheal, were the ****** **** are you off to know." Shouted Mikes wife, Michelle.
"Buenos Aries, young lad guessing he's an Argentine." Said Mike as he was trying to pack his bags.
"Fine, ditch me again."
"It's my job, you don't hear me moan about you working."
"Oh shut your gob. Know come down and get something to eat before you run away again."
"I'll be home in 2 days."
He kissed her on the cheek as he leant over to pick up his passport. He then grabbed his bags and headed downstairs quickly. Michelle followed a few minutes later. After a hour of discussion, Mike left the house and headed towards Stansted airport.

"Thanks for the lift Mr Levy, i'll bring the report to you once i get back ok?"
"Sure thing Mike, and for the last time call me Dan."
The pair chuckled, then both departed. Mike decided to text Giovanni to tell him he was on the way.

Thirty hours and 4 plane switches later, Mike had arrived in the heart of Argentina. He headed through arrivals and made his way to the front of the airport. He was then greeted by a happy Giovanni Dos Santos, who took the 35 year old scout to his cousins BMW. When they arrived at Giovanni's villa, Mike decided to get some sleep before the match tomorrow.

bmw-m3-e46-coupe.jpg

The cousins BMW

----------------

Well after my FM decided to crash and then delete my Bayern save i was forced to scrap my story, so i thought i'd do this instead. Hope you guys enjoy it. :)
And as usual any criticism / Ideas are as welcome as Van der Vaart was a bargin. ;)

interesting op; will you be writing from a scouts point of view all the time?
or switching to a players? presumably the young argentine...

interesting op; will you be writing from a scouts point of view all the time?
or switching to a players? presumably the young argentine...

I will most likely write from the person who is important at that time, but it will mainly be the young player from know on. And i wouldn't quite jump ship to him being an Argentine just yet. :)

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:15 AM ----------

Mike awoke to the sound of passing cars and shouting, he checked the clock on the bedside table which read 12:01PM. He lay there, staring blankly at the celling, until his bedroom door opened.

"Come on Mike, we gotta get going if we want to get to the ground in time." Bellowed a fully dressed Giovanni.
"Alright kid, don't forget im the oldest person in this household." Chuckled Mike as he got out of the bed.
"Yeah, yeah, come on grandpa, we really do have to get going."
"Ok give me a couple minuites then."
"Hurry up, for the love of all that is sain."
Giovanni quickly hopped outside of the door as he dodged the magazine that Mike had thrown at him. Eventually the pair arrived at the football stadium, Mike looked around and all he could see was flocks of supporters heading for the stadium. He followed Giovanni to the seats they would be in for the next 2 hours. Through the noise he managed to make out the starting line-ups being announced.

"Who is it were watching today." Asked the scout
"Number 4, Enriqué Alcaraz, i think he's the cousin of Antolin."
"Right, but i thought he was Argentinian?"
"Nope, he's Paraguayan. Just watch and you'll see."
"Ok then, sometimes actions do speak louder than words."

-------------------------

In the dressing room labelled "Lejos" was sat a calm and collected Enriqué Alcaraz, who fully knew what was expected of him today. He sat there nodding his head as he listened to his music. Once the rest of the players had finished getting dressed the manager barked at the young player to take out his earpiece.

"Thank you Riqué, know that everyone's listening, here's what i want you guys to aim at." Said the manager as he pointed and explained each players role. They were playing the team who were flying high at the top of the youth league and had the best creative midfielder around. When he finished the players ran out of the tunnel and onto the pitch. Every player received a standing ovation as there names were read out for the second time.

As the game kicked off, Enriqué instantly received the ball, without looking he played a lofted ball for his team mate to run onto, within seconds of bringing the ball down the player was sent flying by a crunching tackle. The referee waved away protest's from the Huracán players. 16 minutes into the game Boca's own wonderkid Javier N'avier looked to be clean
through. He pulled back his right foot ready to unleash a shot from the edge of the 18 yard box when Riqué lunged across perfectly timed to disposes the young Argentine. He then turned dribbled towards another opposition player, flicked the ball across from his left foot to his right. Next he taped it just perfectly to help him beyond the player and into space. After collecting the ball he played a neat one-two with his team mate. He then played a perfectly timed through ball, as the ball hit the ground, his team mate came racing through, Boca's keeper brilliantly dove down to his left to save the well placed shot. The game then began to slow down, but Riqué still managed to keep control of the midfield brilliantly, spraying passes left, right and centre until the half-time whistle was blown. He sat there the same way he had at the start of the game, calm and collected.

----------

Hey guys, will have another update tomorrow for you so keep watching. :D

Interesting. Really fresh attempt. I don't get what is Giovanni doing there.

Hey guys, sorry that i haven't posted an update in 5 days, but i have been busy at college. Oh well here goes.

------------------------

As the manager drilled away with his attempt to fire-up his players for the second half of, Riqué sat there, staring at the tactics board as he drank his bottle of lucozade. Suddenly the changing room door burst open, standing there in the doorway was the clubs assistant manager.

"Come on, breaks over. Lets show these kids who's the real future of football."
All the players cheered in agreement as they stood up and one by one headed out and down the tunnel. Riqué walked out last as usual. Running out of the tunnel he looked up to check the scoreboard. 0 - 0 it read. The referee blew his whistle and the second half got underway. 15 minutes into the half and N'avier looked clean through once again. The youngster composed himself. But this time, Riqué slid round from behind to perform a perfect hook tackle. Riqué then wasted no time in spraying a ball out onto the wing. Were it was brought under control by his team mate who cheekily tricked his way around 2 Boca players before being sent crashing to the ground by a wild challenge. The referee blew for the free kick before showing a yellow to the player who just flicked his wrist and walked away.

"You've got this one Riqué."
"You know the deal. It's yours."

The Player sighed as he stepped up to take the free kick, as he composed him self the whistle was blown. He ran up to the ball, and he played a well timed pass to Riqué who was standing on the outside of the box. He controlled the ball with his left, flicked it past the defender with his right then smashed the ball towards the top corner. He knew he should have been celebrating, but it was saved brilliantly by the keeper. Eventually Boca managed to break through Huracáns midfield blockade. Only to be stopped perfectly by the towering centre back, who then fed the ball to Riqué who turned on the ball instantly, flicked it up and over the player marking him. As he brought the ball back down under control he rolled it behind him then swung it around the back of his left foot, then looking up then down quickly he played a through ball out wide to the right of the field. His team mate then took a strong touch and used his pace to race through into the box, as the Boca keeper rushed out and began to dive he chipped the ball over the top, while in mid-air the keeper reached up and grabbed his leg to bring him crashing to the ground. The ref instantly blew his whistle and pointed to the spot, the Boca players crowded around him to trying to convince him differently. Waving away the protests he reached into his pocket as he slowly headed towards the keeper, showing him a red card and pointing to the exit. After the short break Riqué picked up the ball, ready to take up his normal role of taking the clubs penalty's. He picked up the ball, placed it down. He breathed in to calm himself. Glancing straight into the substitute's eyes he took two paces back. Beginning his run up he glanced obviously at the top right corner, then at the last second he swung his head towards the left corner and smashed it into the top corner, leaving the keeper diving the wrong way. The crowd burst into song as the young Paraguayan ran towards the corner flag and slid on his knees. His team mates ran to congratulate him.

"What you think then Mike."
"He's a great talent, i have to say that at least."
"Do you think he'll get a trial?"
"Why the f*** not, he's done enough to impress me."
"Great."
"And i don't get impressed easily you know."
"Who was the last kid?"
"A young lad named Jack Rodwell, but the manager at the time turned down the idea."
Giovanni laughed as he turned back to the game. A few attacks later the ref blew his whistle for full time. Both sets of players were given a standing ovation. Mike headed to the clubs bus to have a word with the manager.

"Hello, Could i have a quick word."
"Sure, but my English isn't the best."
"No problems, my name is Mike Knowles im a scout for Tottenham Hotspur, and id like a number to contact young Enriqué Alcaraz on, If that's okay of course."
"Very well. I admit, we had a meeting earlier this week and we all agreed he would have to move on. He should be very happy to receive this opportunity."
"Great. Hopefully he will reach that great potential he has."
"At Tottenham, he shall unless he is swung by the money and fame."
"I'll make sure that doesn't happen."
"Thank you. Goodbye for know Mr Knowles."
"So long"

The manager then got onto the coach which swiftly departed. Mike turned and began to head for the carpark. He opened his notepad and checked the notes. He smiled then continued to walk.

Last edited:
Great story cant wait for next update

Good start, something different, i'll follow. Just to help you, maybe check your spellings a bit. That's the only negative mate. Often you'll put 'know' instead of 'now' or 'were' instead of 'where'. Just something small. Keep it going, has potential!

Laying in his bed, young Riqué threw his ball off the wall and began heading it. He lived in one of the calmer districts in Buenos Aries, meaning that he lived a good life compared to many of his freinds who played for Huracán, and the other local teams. After a few minutes of heading the ball against his only wall not to be cluttered up by pictures of his cousin Antolin, and idols Zidane, Xavi and Riquelme, he catches the ball and rolls it under his bed. Sitting up he reached out to get his jacket, ready to go play a quick game of headers and volleys with his mates who lived on his estate. As he went to open his front door, he was blocked by his mother who held the house phone in her right hand.

"Were do you think you're going Enriqué."
"To play with Luís and everyone else. C'mon."
"Not just yet son."
"Why?"
"Take the phone and find out"

His mother smiled as she handed him the phone. Riqué glared at her as he took then phone. She laughed then headed back into the kitchen, knowing what her sons reaction was going to be.

"Hello?"
"Hi, this is Mike Knowles, i watched you play yesterday."
"Okay, how can i help you then?"
"Well, i would like to offer you a trial at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club."
"Really? Wait this isn't you N'avier, getting me back for yesterday is it." He laughed
"Haha, no this is no prank. So pack you bags and Giovanni will be round in a few hours."
"Wait, how do you know were i live?"
"You can thank your mother for that."

Riqué then put his right hand over the microphone and turned around, he was know facing the doorway to the kitchen. His mother was know standing there, smiling. He thanked Mike before handing the phone back to his Mother.

"Know get upstairs and get ready"
"Okay mum, can i go tell everyone else first?"
"Fine, but don't be long."
"I wont."

The young boy hugged his mother before running out the front door. She finished off the conversation with Mike then she sat down and began to cry. After a few minutes she stood up and walked over to the fireplace. And picked up a picture of Enriqué's father Juan.

"You would have been so proud of him. 17 years old. He's going to be a footballer, just as you wanted."
"Who you talking to mum?"
"Oh, Riqué you startled me." She smiled and wiped her eyes.
"Im going to get my things then ring Antolin."
"Okay, do you need any help?"
"Im fine, love you."

He then darted up the stairs, his mother just laughed then sat back down and turned on the TV.

A few hours later, the door knocked, Riqué jumped up and headed to the door, once he opened he froze on the spot.

"G.G.G.Giovanni Dos Santos?"
"Enriqué Alcaraz? Im here to take you to the airport."
"I never would have expected this."
"I know what you mean."
"Let me just say bye to my family, then ill be right out."
"Sure thing."
Riqué ran back into the living room, he hugged his mum and sister, gave his brother his old football boots and then again hugged his mum and sister. After a short time he re-emerged. He followed Giovanni down the street then got into the BMW. Inside was sat Giovanni's younger brother and Cousin.

3 hours later, Giovanni and Riqué were sat on a plane waiting for it to leave for London. Riqué looked out of the window like a kid. This was because he had never been on a airplane before in his entire life.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Good start, something different, i'll follow. Just to help you, maybe check your spellings a bit. That's the only negative mate. Often you'll put 'know' instead of 'now' or 'were' instead of 'where'. Just something small. Keep it going, has potential!

Thanks its just a bad habit that i have. Ill keep an eye out for it a bit more. :)

This looks like a good story, I will follow. As someone else has said watch the "now's" and "know's" as it can get a bit confusing when you read it. Other than that good luck and carry on :)

This looks like a good story, I will follow. As someone else has said watch the "now's" and "know's" as it can get a bit confusing when you read it. Other than that good luck and carry on :)
Thanks again for the constructive criticism... :)

Next update will be out tonight...

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:22 PM ----------

Sorry guys... Internets been weird... plus i've had college...
I'll get the update up tonight.. For shoo.. :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:25 PM ----------

Enriqué awoke with a shock as the plane hit the runway. He rubbed his eyes and then looked out the window to see heavy rain. He's mood saddened.

"Get used to it lad."
"I hate rain already."
"Don't we all."

As the duo made there way through customs, Giovanni was flocked by a group of reporters who split them up. Riqué kept his calm and headed towards the exit, eventually he emerged at the front of the airport. He saw the same flock of reporters and headed over. Peeking over he could make out a man in a suit and someone who looked similar to Giovanni. One of the reporters grabbed him as he attempted to make his way through the circle.

"Get out of it you Latin *******."
"What did you say?" Riqué then shoved the man.
"You heard me. Im trying to get a story so f*** off. Scumbag."
The young lad then whispered something to the man before walking around the group of reporters. He dipped under the barrier and stood behind Giovanni. Looking up sharply he glared at the man. Who inadvertently raised his middle finger up. Riqué laughed before he picked up his bags and headed towards the door with his new friend and the man in a suit. They walked to a flash land-rover with tinted windows. Once inside, they began to converse.

lrdpursuit_1280.jpg

A similar looking land-rover as to the one owned by the man in the suit.

"So your the lad from Buenos Aries."
"Yes, i am. Nice to meet you sir."
"The pleasures mine. I'm the man you spoke to on the phone."
"Mr Knowles?"
"Please call me Mike."
"Okay. Where are we going may i ask?"
"White Hart Lane. Mr Levy would like to meet you."
"Who?" The boy looked confused.
"He's the chairman Riqué, Don't worry he's a great guy." Replied Giovanni, who then returned to reading his magazine.
"Thank you Gio. Anyway, he would like to discuss the kind of contract you would like to sign."
"Very well. Do you mind if i have a sleep? im rather tired."
"Knock yourself out kiddo."

2 hours later, the vehicle drew to a stop. Mike and Riqué headed across the car-park towards the main entrance, while Giovanni headed for the players entrance.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in."
"Hello there Dan, here's the new lad Enriqué."
"Thanks Mike. I think Kevin wanted a word. He's on the pitch with the players."
"Why are they training here boss?"
"I felt it would be a nice way to start pre-season."
"Sure thing, i'll be back in a bit."
"Bye."

"Okay, so Mr Alcaraz, what kind of wages would you be looking at. As of course you being 17 means you can't sign on a youth contract."
"Sorry, it's still all a shock to me. I thought i'd have a trial period 1st or something?"
"No. We signed you for a transfer fee from Huracán. Well it was more a compensation package."
"I see. you don't mind me asking how much?"
"Certainly not. At the moment it's around £500,000 but it could rise to much more depending on how well you turn out."
"Wow. Thats a lot of money."
"Don't worry kiddo. We'll make sure you reach the best you can."
"Anyway. I'd be happy to sign any form of deal really."
"How does £5,000 a week sound?"
"Brilliant. To be honest, i just wanna play football."
"Sure thing. Keep your head down and you'll be doing just that. Know go get a seat in the stands and watch some of the lads."

Enriqué simply nodded his head then headed out the door. Mr Levy, smiled looked at the contract then placed it neatly on the corner of his desk. Giovanni was sat in the stands watching his team mates train. Riqué finally wandered over and sat down a few seats in front. The youngster appeared to be hyper from signing his contract and showed more astonishment than what he actually saw. After the session, Giovanni introduced him to many of the other 1st team players. It appeared to have made his day. Riqué headed towards Mike's car bubbling with happiness.

16_spurs-415.jpg

Enriqué future team mates? He hopes so.

---------------

Sorry about the long release time.
Ill try to be a bit more consistent. :)