Not being able to afford player contracts...

Toon Army 13

Reaction score
So, there are often occasions where you try to sell a player and you have to pay some of their wages for the rest of their contract before they agree to sign for the future club.

I swear this doesn't happen the other way round? For example, Man City have a bunch of overpaid players and they don't want to go anywhere because they don't want a reduced wage. If the above happens, then why can't they ask City to pay the rest of the wage?

I agree with you for the most part of it. Paying their wages for them to leave is a new feature that needs to be balanced & suit the right occasion. This nonsense also happens in lower leagues when you try to off-load unwanted or unsettled players. I find it very strange that my players transfer listed by their own request demand me to pay wages so they can leave & yet they want game time elsewhere. Very stupid if you ask me. Iv once had 44 first/reserve team players in total & wanted to reduce that by half so my youth could get a chance & most of them did not want to take a pay cut, as if they being overpaid to start with. I personally find this feature irritating because AI will offer **** wages to the player you want to sell in return you will have to pay for the player to leave or take a wage cut. That is not good business. Yet i can never benefit from this feature the same way