Not conceding corners - yes, it's a problem!!

Ranger81

Reaction score
I haven't conceded a goal direct from a corner in eight games now, and obviously I'm pleased about that as I had been a bit hit and miss when defending them. The problem I have is that when the ball gets headed away, the defending is almost laughable.

View attachment 310508

I thought that by having a man on the edge of the box and keeping two players back I would have players in a position to deal with the ball when it comes back out. This isn't the case, which leads to some very dangerous goal scoring opportunities for the opposition. I've only conceded a couple of goals this way, which isn't bad in eight games, but the ease with which the chances present themselves is a worry. Any tips on tightening things up?

its not that u are placing players differently ...its the way the ball rebounds ..and u cant do anything as u cant predict where the ball is gona go after the rebound ...i will say u are doing great if u only conceded 2 in 8 games ...no need to worry about

Seems to be just one of those things in the game that can't be helped. I reckon it's just cos there are so many defensive issues that I can't find the perfect solution to - if I find something that works, I want it to be perfect! No such thing in the real world, though, so no such thing on FM.