stephen1974

Reaction score
What triggers players complaining about a lack of first team football?
Obviously if they are not playing or not getting regular games then I can understand it, but I just had a player who, out of 12 games, had 6 starts and 6 subs, and complained he wasn't getting enough football. Another has played 11 out of 15 games with 9 starts and 2 subs and those he didnt appear in were down to injury.

I have a whole roster of top quality players so I try and rotate to keep them happy

Key players would be expected to start most of the games. Look at their squad status and there in might lie the issue.
Also, for more first team football, the player expects to start more, rather come on as a sub.

As said, squad status is a big factor and you can control that. There are other factors though. Ambitious players will push for a more important status by asking for more game time. Players also have their own opinion of how good they are, so if they think that they're of sufficient calibre to be a first team or key player and you're currently using them as a rotation player, they might complain too. Sometimes, you'll also see the message where the player wants more first team football, but admits the he may not be good enough to get that at your team, so will probably need to move.

What triggers players complaining about a lack of first team football?
Obviously if they are not playing or not getting regular games then I can understand it, but I just had a player who, out of 12 games, had 6 starts and 6 subs, and complained he wasn't getting enough football. Another has played 11 out of 15 games with 9 starts and 2 subs and those he didnt appear in were down to injury.

I have a whole roster of top quality players so I try and rotate to keep them happy

I had the same problem. What you need to do is set the squad status of the complaining players to rotation. As long as they get a decent amount of first team football they will stop complaining.