athertpa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently playing a 442 formation with Man Utd, I am 5 games into the season and have won all 5 so far and only conceded 1 goal.

The big problem I have is I seem to be getting dominated in the possession stakes.

I am using my own tactic based on the folowing ethos:

control philiosophy
fluid set up
short passing
press more
zonal marking

I am playing a standard back 4 and 4 accross the middle, including 2 wingers, 2 central midfielders, one a deep lying playmaker set to defend (Carrick) and box to box midfielder (Fletcher). Up top I have 2 strikers, 1 deep lying (Berbatov) and 1 complete forward (Rooney)

I have set a relatively quick tempo, with little time wasting, and quite a bit of width.

How can I dominate possession more? I am not satisfied with just the win!

Thanks
Paul (6)

Use the retain possession shout, and lower the tempo.

I have been tweaking all sorts of settings, but when I lower the tempo (which is what I thought would impact it) we seemed to lose our cutting edge?

Hi all,

I am currently playing a 442 formation with Man Utd, I am 5 games into the season and have won all 5 so far and only conceded 1 goal.

The big problem I have is I seem to be getting dominated in the possession stakes.

I am using my own tactic based on the folowing ethos:

control philiosophy
fluid set up
short passing
press more
zonal marking

I am playing a standard back 4 and 4 accross the middle, including 2 wingers, 2 central midfielders, one a deep lying playmaker set to defend (Carrick) and box to box midfielder (Fletcher). Up top I have 2 strikers, 1 deep lying (Berbatov) and 1 complete forward (Rooney)

I have set a relatively quick tempo, with little time wasting, and quite a bit of width.

How can I dominate possession more? I am not satisfied with just the win!

Thanks
Paul (6)

Well first off check the scout reports for the team your playing and change the formation accordingly (if scout says the poitch is narrow make your team play narrow, then go to match preparation and put high work load on attakcing movement) If you tweak the tacitics and dont give your team time to adjust to it then they might win the game but wont play well.

Time waste a bit more, more time to decide what to do instead of straight away passing.