Rockyboy

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I'm in 4th season with Chelsea and I use only one tactics (sometimes I change the starting strategy, but nothig else). So far I never had problems with shots on target, but my team is struggling to score goals this season. They have about 17-30 shots per match but only 5 of them are on target. What should I do?

Babacar is set to Complete fwd (+Places shots), Pastore to Attacking Midfielder (+Shoots with power)

Here's a pic of my tactics:
rockyboy.gif

Have you tried reducing the amount of long shots? You might also need 1 or 2 supporting players at the center of the park...

Have you tried reducing the amount of long shots? You might also need 1 or 2 supporting players at the center of the park...
This.
Also you could use the 'Work ball into box' shout. IMO you should consider setting Pastore to support role so he will look to create more. You need to find a balance of roles and duties. That or give Essien support role. See what works best for you.

I find lowering 'Tempo' helps with this.

Yes, this could be it! Pastore had support duty in previous season and I didn't have this problem, but he played terribly, he had average rating around 6.7, what is not good for a player of his calibre. Thanks for help, I appreciate it.

This.
Also you could use the 'Work ball into box' shout. IMO you should consider setting Pastore to support role so he will look to create more. You need to find a balance of roles and duties. That or give Essien support role. See what works best for you.

I've only tried using 'Work ball into box' a handful of times, but have never found it to work. I've always assumed it would be best to play wide so to stretch their defence. Maybe I need to stick with it. Is it something a team needs to get use to?