Not Just a Car Based City - A VFL Wolfsburg Story

• Thread starter WeArePalace
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
W

WeArePalace

attachment.php

Hello everyone and welcome to my VFL Wolfsburg Football Manager 2019 story! First off, I would like to say that I feel like I need a fresh start. My most recent story with Spain and a club which varied is already quite dry and stale and the format isn't very good either. To me personally it didn't even feel like my own. Therefore I've decided to start fresh and have selected VFL Wolfsburg as my new club. Bundesliga saves are always value for money and so when I'm feeling a little desperate I know I can rely on it to deliver. I only hope that continues here as I begin a new managerial journey with VFL Wolfsburg.

The area is obviously more well known to producing the car Volkswagen, who own the club. However, the aim is to not only equal that level of popularity, but surpass it. Therefore, I have set a series of personal goals to achieve to prevent the series from becoming boring in any way for me and make it more difficult as well. They're all transfer based because I always tend to go over to the top with regards to transfer and spend most of my budget.

Row 1
Max. 5 signings per window below 10m

No more than 3 FGN signings
Forfeits

Sell your best player off from the previous season or if they don't leave then either release them or leave them on the reserves
Row 2
All signings U-23
No signings from Premier League, La Liga or Serie APlay 10 games with a 2-3-5 formation
Row 3
All signings with a market value below 10m
Do not spend over 40m across an entire seasonPlay your regular Starting XI with everyone completely out of position

Thanks for reading and the story will begin soon. Thanks!

Last edited:
attachment.php

PRE-SEASON
The transfer window went pretty well and we just about got away with it following the rule introductions. They certainly altered my transfer plans with me needing a few cheeky loans to get some extra players in - thankfully they don't count! I managed a spread of around 25m and made a similar amount of money in sales as well. There was just the 1 foreign arrival whereas the rest where from lesser European Leagues or young talents from the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 which are the only major leagues I can sign from. The transfer budgets currently stands at 17m meaning that in January I can make a deal should I feel required.

PLAYERS IN
attachment.php

First in was young Brazilian ST Brenner from Sao Paulo. I don't really fancy Weghorst if I'm honest so Brenner comes in for around 10m in order to fill that hole. At just 18 a decent level of exposure to first team football should see him grow nicely throughout the year and into a decent striker at his young age.
attachment.php

Next in was Robin Zentner as a new back-up keeper as Pavao Pervan is someone I want off the books as soon as possible, considering he's over 30 and worse than Zentner. For just 3.1m he seems a reliable back-up and also seems able to be able to play that role for a few seasons should Casteels need replacing.
attachment.php

Third in was another youngster in Antonio Marin a good option on the game. He looks already able to act as a super-sub and I'm hoping that he is also able provide a good impact like Brenner. Maybe they'll be able to form a youthful partnership and we can have a successful combination between the two.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Next in were 2 French youngsters in the form of Toulouse player Ibrahim Sangare and 17 year old talent Julien Ponceau from Lorient. Sangare comes in for 2.4m and Ponceau for 750k. I was shocked and delighted with Sangare coming in for just a snip of his potential value while Ponceau seems like a bargain too even if it doesn't work out with him. Very pleased I have to say.
attachment.php

To begin the cheeky loan section, we start off with Gonzalo Montiel from River Plate coming in for the season. He'll play rotation with William and be a vital cog as a back-up full back or potential starter as they have similar stats and ability despite Montiel likely having a higher chance of reaching bigger heights.
attachment.php

The second loan was RW Takumi Minamino from RB Salzburg to also provide stiff competition with current RW Felix Klaus. Currently Klaus starts but this could alter at any given time depending on performances. Minamino will also be in a super-sub role though for now and our bench looks really exciting.

PLAYERS OUT
attachment.php

First to leave was experienced RB Paul Verhaegh. With Montiel coming in there just wasn't a place for him and age also wasn't on his side so I decided to take a little bit of cash as well while getting some wages off the bill. A difficult goodbye but it was going to happen eventually via retirement or transfer.
attachment.php

Next out was Admir Mehmedi who leaves for just under 3m. He was probably just below standard and once again with a loan coming in for Minamino he wasn't going to play much of a part in my system which resulted in his departure. He's off to Fenerbache and once again helps clear off our wage bill.
attachment.php

But the big departure was 23m man Ignacio Camacho going to Bayern Munich. I rejected their initial bid, but I looked at his stats, age and decided maybe I should cash in. We have Joshua Guilavogui whose the captain but was on the bench behind Camacho so he's certainly an adequate replacement. It also allows Sangare to now play the back-up role so a good deal I think.

RESULTS
attachment.php

Results wise pre-season wasn't amazing but not terrible either. I focused most on the game against Werder Bremen because they're similar opposition and I took pleasure in the fact that we easily won 2-0. We weren't completely outclassed by anyone and while there are a couple of disappointing defeats, especially against Chateauroux but overall nothing overly disappointing there.

We begin the season with a German Cup tie against Drochtersen which should be a win, and start the Bundesliga with games against Schalke 04, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Hertha BSC, SC Freiburg, Mainz 05 and Borussia Monchengladbach. In January I might eye another DM and currently head of my shortlist are Wendel from Sporting, Florentino Luis from Benfica and Santiago Ascacibar from Stuttgart, all valued just below the maximum 10m mark.

Hello everyone I find myself struggling to enjoy yet another save here. I'd done one with Wolfsburg earlier which I really enjoyed and thought that it may be what I needed to get back into the game. However that doesn't seem so. It's not really intriguing me as much as I'd hoped and I am looking towards yet another fresh start on the game. I cannot begin to say how sorry I am for my constant stopping and starting but please leave me some suggestions below for a new save as I really need some community ideas to help me restart here.