Guys I'm just saying here people that say starting with a top flight club is unrealistic well it isn't, look ar Roberto Mancini his first management job was at Fiorentina (excluding Leciester City for 4 games), Gianfranco Zola his first management job was at West Ham, José Mourinho was at Benfica first, Fabio Capello's first management job was at AC Milan so stop bashing people that start with top flight clubs because it is realistic, IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE! THAT HAS TO MAKE IT REALISTIC!:D

Guys I'm just saying here people that say starting with a top flight club is unrealistic well it isn't, look ar Roberto Mancini his first management job was at Fiorentina (excluding Leciester City for 4 games), Gianfranco Zola his first management job was at West Ham, José Mourinho was at Benfica first, Fabio Capello's first management job was at AC Milan so stop bashing people that start with top flight clubs because it is realistic, IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE! THAT HAS TO MAKE IT REALISTIC!:D
How is it 'realistic'? Mancini, Gianfranco, Zola, Mourinho and Capello where professional players. Is a big club going to appoint some random guy off the street with no previous experience in football as their manager? I highly doubt it... ;)

And for the record, I don't see anyone bashing people who manage big clubs in this thread - except garth_elgar, but he was just making a point.

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f79/lower-league-managing-style-t47938.html

Just thought I'd plug my thread about Lower League Management :p

The problem lies with the ambiguity of the name. It implies only managing teams in lower divisions whichever way you want, but actually has its own set of guidelines.

I subconsciously adhere to most of them, but never really intentionally set out to play a 'proper' LLM game. And most people who do follow these rules don't usually browse forums looking for help as it's all done independently.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the thread section is just to help people manage in lower leagues.

How is it 'realistic'? Mancini, Gianfranco, Zola, Mourinho and Capello where professional players. Is a big club going to appoint some random guy off the street with no previous experience in football as their manager? I highly doubt it... ;)

And for the record, I don't see anyone bashing people who manage big clubs in this thread - except garth_elgar, but he was just making a point.

Techincally, if we're going by FM description, they're "International Footballer"(s) ;)

A few people need to think about it hear. The reason why people find exploits in the game is because the game is unrealistic as it does not reflect real life which to me, is real life. The game is designed to reflect Pro football, not Semi-Pro football.

For Example, at say BSN/BSS south level only 3-5 players are contracted and get payed weekly, the other 10-15 depending on budget get payed per game. Transfers are terrible, in game I was asked for 70K to buy a 2nd choice keeper :S Total ****. Mansfield Town bought Daryl Clare from Gateshead for 10K, a huge fee for Non-League teams, so until the day when Non-League football is acurate in game, it will also be imposible to exploit the game aswell. So for those of you who think your playing "Proper LLM". There isnt one.

I like playing with LLM however i always start with my team and play without any cheats or help. However i do like using cheats not to sign the best players but like when Notts county got took over by billionaires.

Like someone said before best thing about football manager is you can play it how you see fit.

And to person who said about Zola and Mourihno etc that weren't their 1st job in football Mourihno learnt from R.I.P Sir Bobby Robson and Zola was Itlay youth team manager

A few people need to think about it hear. The reason why people find exploits in the game is because the game is unrealistic as it does not reflect real life which to me, is real life. The game is designed to reflect Pro football, not Semi-Pro football.

For Example, at say BSN/BSS south level only 3-5 players are contracted and get payed weekly, the other 10-15 depending on budget get payed per game. Transfers are terrible, in game I was asked for 70K to buy a 2nd choice keeper :S Total ****. Mansfield Town bought Daryl Clare from Gateshead for 10K, a huge fee for Non-League teams, so until the day when Non-League football is acurate in game, it will also be imposible to exploit the game aswell. So for those of you who think your playing "Proper LLM". There isnt one.

You can only play as realistically as the game allows, which is getting closer and closer with each release