19lokken91

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently just started a new season with FC Halifax, going for the challenge to get them from the bottom to the top of English football.

Things are going good, won the Blue Square North in the first season, built the second season in the Premier and then stormed to the Blue Square Premier title the season just gone.

I scored around 100 goals throughout the season, but on my board confidence updates, every season states that the fans are happy but concerned that even though we are getting results the style of football played is not exciting.

I could understand this if I was playing out 1-0s and getting promotion but I have been winning 6-0 etc and also having close matches ending 4-3!

I am playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, has anyone come across anything like this before?

Regards

I experienced something similar, played as Boston Utd, a 4-3-3 formation, best attack of the season, almost every match I scored at least 2 goals, but the fans complained about this. It´s weird, uncommon, but it´s a possible scenario. Like, you could score a lot of ugly goals for example, or the good old english long kick and hope for the best way of playing, if you know what I mean.

No idea mate. I had the same problem in my 1st season with AFC Wimbledon... A clause in my contract said that I must 'try and play attacking football'. I played a 4-3-3 with wing backs, meantality set to attacking and I finished 8th (decent for AFC Wimbledon, way above the media prediction), and I was actually higher than that for most of the season but faded out towards the end of the season... Yet the board confidence update always said they were unhappy with my lack of attacking football!!

Luckily I got offered a new contract for my 2nd season which had no such clause. ;) Which is good because my 2nd season is going terribly...