Dannyborofogg

Reaction score
I am struggling to understand the reason why my club (Tottenham) are failing to produce good regens each year. I am in 2017 and I have 'exceptional' junior coaching and 'established' youth recruitment as well as 'top' youth and training facilities. However each year I am disappointed with the regens produced because as yet we have failed to produce a regen above the potential ability of 2 stars!

My board won't allow me to upgrade my facilities anymore or put anymore money into the youth recruitment or junior coaching. Not that i believe I need too!

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Apologize if there is already a thread for this

Facilities will increase their development rate, but not their initial rating. Although recruitment, and a good HOYD may increase the likelihood of regent of high quality, it is still rare that world class players will just appear in your youth ranks, especially with the competition for. These players in England and even just London.

Right i see, I previously had a save with Galatasaray and struggled to produce good turkish regens as well to be honest. So I must be doing something wrong. On FM 12 I managed to produce the odd 4 1/2 star every couple of years and average 2 1/2 stars. But on FM 13 seems to be average 1 star pot and the odd 2 star. Have to buy to invest and I enjoy producing regens

I guess youth recruitment in the London area is pretty competitive bussiness. I'm currently well into a Southampton save, and have similar (excellent) youth recruitment, facilities and coaches. They produce a couple of 3-4,5 star PA players each year. I suppose it's because there's no real competition for talent in the immediate area (not after Portsmouth's troubles).

I'm just guessing. Maybe my youth system is even better than I think, or maybe it's just pure luck...

Ye i guess that does explain it. Just got to get the luck of the draw i guess in London. We shall see, cheers for help lads

Another point which might have been overlooked is what affiliated clubs do you have? Sometimes good youth players are found by these smaller clubs and sent to train with your team, i.e coming through your youth intake. If the board won't allow anymore money in other departments try this avenue. |)

okay cheers for that, I only have Leyton Orient and Cheltenham. Hopefully get to pick a feeder club so shall look at the facilities of smaller clubs for that.

It might also be worth looking at the Judging Potential ability of your staff, as they may not be totally accurate of the future star rating if they have a low JP.

It might also be worth looking at the Judging Potential ability of your staff, as they may not be totally accurate of the future star rating if they have a low JP.

That is a good point. I would, however, assume that his Tottenham youth coaches have decent JP stats. But this has been a problem for me in lower leagues. It's incredibly annoying to realize you have sold a future world class player, just because your staff can't recognize real talent...

I got Parnaby from Middlesborough as my HOYD and he has been brilliant, at Liverpool and i get more than my fair share of 4 star regens and ive had 1 or 2 "best players of his generation" come throught the youth ranks too.

I have Parnaby as well. Also now have middlesbrough as my feeder club. Unbelievably frustrating