Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
I'm managing Spurs so have Bale and Lennon on each wing but very rarely score from crosses. Most of the time I've had drill crosses set, but recently I've been mixing it up a bit with float crosses but it's still not working as well as I'd like. I have Defoe or Benitez as poachers playing alongside Babacar or Sanogo as targetmen. I usually have the targetmen playing ST(L) so thought I would have Bale who plays on the left crossing to near post and Lennon crossing to far post as this is where the targetman should be if you see what I mean. But this is not working. Most of the time my targetmen are nowhere near getting on the end of a cross, never mind scoring from one. I've tried crosses from deep and from the byline, hug touchline and move into channels, playing wingers as support and attack. Ironically the few times I do score from crosses is usually on the counter-attack, a nice cross to the far post for Defoe or Lennon to race on to and slide home from a couple of yards out.

Any advice?

You have good crossers but small strikers, if you still have Crouch it could work, but with those strikers "float crosses" is going to get you nowhere, try changing it to drill crosses. If that doesn't work try telling your wingers to cut inside and play through balls

I change the attackers mentality to Attacking, as far up the bar it will go and always set my LB/RB to drill crosses from deep. I score quite a few like that. I set my wingers to cross from by-line (drill). And always put cross on often.

I change the attackers mentality to Attacking, as far up the bar it will go and always set my LB/RB to drill crosses from deep. I score quite a few like that. I set my wingers to cross from by-line (drill). And always put cross on often.

That's exactly what I have been doing. I realised a long time ago that crossing wasn't working so have my wingers cutting in, but thought I'd look into it again. I'm sure Babacar has the potential to score more goals with his head, but am not going to spend too long trying to get it to happen.

I never have and never will use Target Men!

try asking your wingers to cross from the byline and ask your Target man to run from deep often to ensure that there is sufficient time for him to get in the box to get on the end of the crosses!

set crossing to defualt and dont ask your wingers to cross specifically to TM (if they are not already, ask them to do this)

I don't use targetmen in the traditional sense. My team get the ball down and play it. I'm only trying to add scoring from crosses to my game. I will give run from deep a go.

then try and set your player you use as the "TM" to the target man in advanced options and set ball to head?

I usually score only with low crosses(so my strikers can slide in for the shot), or on fast counter attacks.

i try not to use crosses on fm11 as the productivity from them seems really bad. i play with 2 up front and 2 attacking widemen, wide as poss, set as inside forwards and through balls often, crosses rarely. one striker as advanced forward with through balls often and one poacher as normal. i seem to get far more joy like this than i do with crosses, worth a look maybe anyways :) hope this helps.

yeah, I never use "old fashioned" wingers either.... such a waste on Fm since Fm10

yeah, I never use "old fashioned" wingers either.... such a waste on Fm since Fm10

yeah mate, i just cant figure out how to get widemen to work on fm anymore without using them like i just said, otherwise i use your porto formation or my own version of the same thing, no widemen lol :)