DreamTempest

Reaction score
View attachment 197271

A Corinthian-Casuals Story

Hi guys you may or may not remember me from my previous story Managing Dreams which was a journeyman save where I started at Wrexham then went on to Schaffhausen. It got interrupted like most stories do...when something happens in real life. In this case I moved and had no internet for a while so the first thing to go was the story and by the time everything came back to normal FM16 was about to come out so I decided to wait for it.

So here we go. The goal of this story is to turn Isthmian League Division One South side Corinthian-Casuals F.C. into the greatest english football club (Minimum goals: Win the Premiership and the Champions League). As a brazilian SC Corinthians Paulista supporter they were an obvious choice for me. It is also gonna be a lil bit different from last time as I am much busier now than I was before. So expect a very quick and direct style with no character development or underlying plot and it may take me several days to update.

But before we start I'll leave these links here (above and below) so you can read a bit about the clubs history:

Corinthian

Casuals

Official Site

Enjoy it!

Welcome to the Club

View attachment 196853

Alright! It is time to bring the "Queen's Park of England" back to the top.

View attachment 196846

I present myself to you ladies and gentlemen and yes...I am not that impressive. I decided to let the game choose my experience based on the team I selected so there we go.

Now let us have a look at the club...

View attachment 196849

Alright I guess I'll just fondly remeber the amazing history of the original Corinthian F.C as we have no titles right now...well actually we do have a few they just don't exist in the game. Still we gotta do better than that.

View attachment 196848

(Before anyone asks yes I have the game editor on, as you can see I already edited the color to match the kit more closely. And no I won't be cheating, no one that actually knows the game well needs cheating. I will be updating the kits every season as I absolutely refuse to play without that option.)

Alright here is the overall look...as some may notice our main kit is rather..."exotic" but still I kinda like it. It should immeditely distinguish us from other teams in the area. I am not so sure about the cyan outline but we can tweak that later.

We are also semi-pro which means I'll likely have one or two paid players and tons of amateurs.

View attachment 196847

We also have basically no infraestructure at all and our stadium sucks (its kinda charming actually but not in any way appropriate for the sort of ambitions I have for this save). Also of note is that we are based in Tolworth.

View attachment 196844

Season expectations seem reasonable enough. And saying I can achieve more grants me nothing as the club has basically no money at all so I'll stick with. Still I am pretty confident I can do much more than just a mid-table finish.

View attachment 196845

The season preview is rather pessimistic about our odds but I firmly believe we can fight for the title provided we find ourselves some nice amateur players.

View attachment 195826

So far so good. Aside from the poor performance against Carshalton we've been extraordinarily good for this level. Much of it has to do with the fact that almost no one that was playing here before I arrived is on the first team now. (yes they were mostly THAT bad). I brought a truckload of amateur players in and switched them in and out until I could determine the best ones. Also the tactic I've made for this edition of FM has yet to let me down on any save.

View attachment 195823

With those wins we are easily surpassing all the mediocre pre-season expectations. While I am not stupid enough to dream of winning the FA Cup and find winning the Trophy extremely unlikely I do fancy my chances Isthmian League Cup.

Also of note is the fact that several of my less mediocre players (I really don't have any players that are ACTUALLY good) are fakegens that I got from lower league teams.

View attachment 195822

Here are the league stats for your enjoyment. Plenty of positives there but also areas to be improved once we have more money (and perhaps when we become full pro). Also attendance could be better we currently have an average of 200 and twelve teams in this division have more than that.

This is it for now I may make some more in-depth updates once I hit a somewhat decent league like perhaps the Conference or League 2 but for now there is just not much to talk about really. But feel free to ask any questions and please comment and drop a like.

Nice job in the league and a nice run in the FA Cup helps the finances. I had a save with them last year and only kept one player some striker who's name I don't recall

Alright I am back so let's get this going as we still have a long road ahead of us!

View attachment 188153

Our brazilian counterparts are doing very well as a supporter myself I couldn't more pleased.

View attachment 188152

And now we have done it as well. The early lead in the league really helped us a lot but later on the players became very complacent. But still we did and that is what matters.

View attachment 188150

As I expected we were kicked out quickly from the FA Cup and the FA Trophy and we got some pretty mediocre results elsewhere due to complacency but overall everything went well.

View attachment 188154
The league table so far. And while there are some matches yet to be played we already got the title so I am gonna focus on the next year.

Now stats:

View attachment 188151

View attachment 188158

And that is it for now. Thank you for following this story and try to be patient about the time I am taking to update this as I am still quite busy and this save will take a long time to get anywhere interesting.

Last edited: