not sure what position needs strengthened the most - R. Madrid

yes

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started with Real Madrid not too long ago (currently in October 13/14 season) and I've already made a few transfers, but I have ?35mil left in my transfer budget. This is my squad:

-----Lewandowski-----Benzema------
-----------------------------------------
-Ronaldo----------Isco------------Bale
-----------Modric-------Leiva----------
-Subotic---------Varane-------Ramos-
------------------Casillas---------------

1. Morata
2. Pastore
3. Jese
4. Di Maria
5. Alonso
6. Khedira
7. Pepe

I know Isco needs reinforcements in AMC but I don't know if it should be in the form of a wonderkid or another world class player to rotate with him. I was thinking of selling Pastore so I could get someone like Cazorla who can play in the middle and on both wings, though I was also thinking about selling Pepe (he's wanted by Chelsea) and buying Mats Hummels. Thoughts?

I would sell Pepe and buy Hummels because he is a much better player. Also, I'd buy another world class player to rotate with Isco because Isco is a wonderkid himself so there is not much need in getting another one unless you're planning on changing formation so you can accommodate for 2 world class central attacking midfielders

I would sell Pepe and buy Hummels because he is a much better player. Also, I'd buy another world class player to rotate with Isco because Isco is a wonderkid himself so there is not much need in getting another one unless you're planning on changing formation so you can accommodate for 2 world class central attacking midfielders

ok cool, thanks man. do you think cazorla would be a good choice? i want an AMC capable of playing on the wings. cazorla isn't exceptionally good but he has a "very strong" rating for both his left and right foot, making him a suitable inside forward for both flanks.

If you haven't already done so invest large amount of that money into youth signings so you have future stars ready to come in after your current ones get too old. Also consider bringing in a few younger people 20-23 sort of age that can get tutored by your older players before they either retire or you decide they have declined to much such as Alonso, khedira, pepe, they will require a few games now and then but you can use them for games that you are extreme favourites for or la liga cup games etc

I'd get Doria. Young, can be tutored, and grows to be a monster after a couple of years. Scores goals occasionally too.

If one of your CM is a BWM, then I'd recommend getting either Wanyama or Papadopoulous. Both are monsters over there. Or you could just scrimp, and buy Will Hughes. He can play as AMC/CM and frankly, is excellent ingame.

For players who can play on all three of the AM positions, I'd recommend taking a look at Adnan Januzaj, Juan Fernando Quintero and Nicusor Stanciu. All three are young, can be retrained anywhere, and frankly, all of them turn out amazing.

Other than that, just get young regens and get them tutored by the right people.

Thanks for the advice guys! I did end up selling Pepe and buying Cazorla. I also bought a youth player in Eder Alvarez Balanta, he's a defender with 4.5 potential stars. Him and Cazorla are coming in January along with Keisuke Honda on a free from CSKA. Doria was my second choice defender and if I end up needing another I'm going for him. I always have success with youth defenders and find that a lot of the time they play as well as my star defenders.

I really wanted Mata but I didn't even bother because all of my scouting reports said that Chelsea was unwilling to sell him. Shinji Kagawa was my second choice before I settled on Cazorla, but he too wasn't available.

I was also considering making a bid for Sebastian Driussi, Carlos Fierro, Adnan Januzaj, or Jose Fernando Quintero. All good youth prospects but I have yet to determine who fits best into my fluid, attack minded style of play.

If your considering Januzaj he is 100% worth it, im in 2025 and hes now won player of the year twice. obviously everyones games turn out different but hes a monster not only his stats but he plays well and he has "model professional" personality making him that much better. He can also adapt to any attacking midfield position and hes also accomplished as a striker for me as well.

Last edited:
If your considering Januzaj he is 100% worth it, im in 2025 and hes now won player of the year twice. obviously everyones games turn out different but hes a monster not only his stats but he plays well and he has "model professional" personality making him that much better. He can also adapt to any attacking midfield position and hes also accomplished as a striker for me as well.

I just signed him for 18m. As of right now its December 7, 2013 so he'll be coming in soon. I really want him to excel so I want to make sure I train him properly so I have a couple of questions.
-Is he good as an AMR inside forward?
-Would Gareth Bale be a good tutor? (note: I asked him to tutor Isco not to long ago but Isco refused, not sure if this means Isco is stubborn or Bale is an undesirable tutor)
-Would it be bad to have him start a lot of games (20+)?

I just signed him for 18m. As of right now its December 7, 2013 so he'll be coming in soon. I really want him to excel so I want to make sure I train him properly so I have a couple of questions.
-Is he good as an AMR inside forward?
-Would Gareth Bale be a good tutor? (note: I asked him to tutor Isco not to long ago but Isco refused, not sure if this means Isco is stubborn or Bale is an undesirable tutor)
-Would it be bad to have him start a lot of games (20+)?

AMR is probably his weakest position early on so I wouldnt recommend starting him there for any important games but he will become a really good inside forward its how i use him mostly on both wings. Bale is quite young but has good PPM's for januzaj so I would give it a try, januzaj can be tutored by anyone due to being a model professional at least from my experience. Try not to play him too much though since theres more chance **** have some poor games which can hinder his development, other than that theres not much you can do wrong one of the best players on the game from my experience. Oh forgot what i did after tutoring I got him to develop his weaker foot and hes now very strong with both feet may have made a difference to how good he is.