Not the Prem, the fans hope for the Den

benccfc

Reaction score
Rats. The only thing I'd see in the Radleigh United changing rooms on a Sunday morning were rats. ****** rats. Not eager footballers, not a buzz of excitement, but rats. It was so much so that when we had our cup final, I treated the players to a night out in town, and even then only half the team came. But when my local club, Chelmsford City gave me a rang, I was at the telephone with a buzz of excitement. I was wondering if I'd maybe left my wallet behind and it had been handed in behind the bar, but no. This was chairman Mansell Wallace. I was so excited when he said he wanted to have me as a manager at the Blue Square Bet South club, I straight away said 'Yes' down the telephone, and with that, I asked him to get the squad together for my new arrival. This was my dream job. Should I leave my Sunday League job Radleigh United? Yes, forget the rats I had in them changing rooms. My life was now to be filled up with Blue Square Bet South matches on Monday's, Tuesday's and Saturday's. Yes. My dream job. It was the 1st of July and I had some trials prepared, everyone would be fighting for their places until the 19th of July when I announced who would stay and who would go. The next post will be about my transfers in and out at the end of July.

So, let's have a look at who we've signed, and who we've sold come the 1st of August. 2 days late, I'd probably be fined for that if I were a player! Departing the club, we have Ishmael Welsh, we needed wages from the left-winger so we could sign a replacement LB and a left-midfielder. We have wish Ishmael the best. However, coming in to the club is left-back Luke Ruddick, we beat Dagenham & Redbridge to the signature of the Sailsbury player, with the 22 year-old being on £475 a week. Coming in next was James Smith, and I asked myself when I found this player was, why is he a free agent?! The boys class. He can play left-back and left-midfield. So that's Welsh's replacement sorted. Finally we beat Aldershot to the signature of Billy Tsovolos, get in. Our 4th centre-back, the final jigsaw in the puzzle as I would put it. The squad is now ready for the opening game of the season, where we travel to Havant & Waterlooville.

View attachment 296475H