kookedoh

Reaction score
So its that time of year again, new game same aim get win champs league with my beloved Notts County. Every year its always the first game i make so having got the game today no questions asked off i go.

Firstly i would like to say i will not be using any editors or genie scout.

Second after reading the story advice thread i started the game and began playing.

Also i did the first season before i started this so much of it is from memory!

Ok start of season board expect me to get promoted and give me 1.5mil
pre season doesnt go to great:

preseason.jpg

Bad losses to Plymouth, Sheff Wed and Petebrough

First Games of season

Win first match again Bradford, then beat Leeds 2-1 after ET in league cup.

So i have 1.5 Mil to spend, bring in few defenders to improve a somewhat weak defence, couple of free transfers for cover and Framcis Jeffers

startofseasontranfers.jpg

Last edited:
ok so having jsut beat Leeds im thinking yea this is gonna be alot of fun i start the season and go something like 12 games unbeaten before i finally lose to Lincoln, also played 2nd round of league cup and lost 3-2 to Stoke, wasnt best pleased. Results upto december below:

resultstx.jpg

after such a good start, i got some pretty bad results silly loses to poor teams by now my unbeaten record was long gone but on the plus side some of my signings have proven there worth especially Jeffers the 90k superstar come Dec he was top goal scorer and the two CB's i brought Murray & Michilak have avg ratings above 7, so not a bad bit of business. Also in this period twice the chairmen pour money into the club first time 9million 2nd time 3 million so i thought this was a good time to ask for more money, which they gave me about 1.5 million raking my budget back up to something like 2.5mil

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

So by now its December im top of league 2 by about 10 points with Shrewsbury 2nd so with Jan window fast approaching i start looking for some top players that will 1. make sure i win the league and 2. still be good enough to play in league 1 if i get promoted. Also in Jan my two loan stars (have at start) Richie (AM RLC portsmouth) and Moloney (DR Forest) leaving due to their loans expiring i needed to bring in player to fit those positions.

jantransfers.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

so with Weiss and Hodson in to replace my two loan stars that went back to their clubs i pushed on to try and win the league. So im already out of league cup in second round due to Stoke i lose 3-0 in fa cup and lose to leeds 4-2 on pens in the paint trophy so not on a good run! Just wish Kasper was more like his dad! so having being knocked out of all cups i had to win the league still top by quite a bit, but went a few games where i couldn't win. Jeffers was still banging in the goals and towards the end of the season i started playing ***** Top up front with him who turned out to be much better than i expected! so anyway long story short i secure play off spot by April and promotion later that month results below:

results2j.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

So won the league board impressed fans chuffed all the norm. Despite a few poor matches i won the league by quite a margin! Lsot quite a few but my lack of draws helped me get 90+ points.

cocacolaleague2.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

With my first season over having comfortably won the league contracts were up for renewal. many of the players with expirign contracts simply wont cut it in league one so ive decided not to renew the contracts of them theres about maybe 6 first team players ive decided to not renew which should help trimming the squad down a bit which it needs! Best signing for me by far has been Jeffers score 30+ goals this season, not bad for some who cost 90k!

45francisjeffers.jpg

Him and Wiess have been the better signings i have made! Weiss :
2vladimirweiss.jpg

Plus here are stats from my first season, along with my tactics and starting XI:

cocacolaleague23.jpg

Tactics:
nottscounty7.png

So now with league 2 won, i can start building for league 1 and try and achieve back to back promotions! As i said and the start some of this was done on memory as I finished the season then started this, still had the game a day, played season won league!

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Ok league 1 start drawing near, Nottingham Forest relegated from championship so County against Forest next season, also got Marlon Harewood coming in for 100k to replace Akinbyi that i released on a free.

Season 2

Ok so expectations for League 1, Board will finance me the following:

Winner - 6.75 Mil
Title Challenge - 6.25 Mil
Promotion - 5.75 Mil
Top half - 4.75 Mil 125k wages (currently 64k)

I dunno if i should aim for promotion or settle for top half finish, im pretty sure if i ask for money in the season the board will give me, so im gonna go for top half finsh.

nicholaswells.png

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Tried to get Sylvinho on a free but he went to Cardiff, no idea why :) along with Harewood brought in Diao and Boa Morte both on frees wages 8k and 13k so tad expensive but hoping they can help me achieve a top half finish.

Whe I first read the title of this post I presumed Notts County had been demoted to the conference.

Who'd you sell

First Season i sold no-one during but at the end of season:

nottscounty.png

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Whe I first read the title of this post I presumed Notts County had been demoted to the conference.

I think if the takeover had not of happened this season we would of gone down :/

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Just played first pre season friendly against Glen hoddle academy won 3-0 Harewood and Wiess (2) my RB is injured thou and dont have any cover as i released him :/ looks like ill be buying a RB

You are getting suprisingly good players in though. Marlon and Boa Morrte?

Pre Season

Preseason beat Hartlepool 3-0 lost to Wigan 4-1 + lost to Bolton also kinda regretting only picking top half finish:

nicholaswells2.png

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

You are getting suprisingly good players in though. Marlon and Boa Morrte?

yea both and frees, they are both pretty old and were not getting much ftf, i aint complaining thou!

Ok season started and im havign a rough time 4 Points from 7 games 1 win 1 draw, getting ready to hang myself! post more when i get back from work

Probably not.. like the thread says he's more than likely got County where they belong.. Nowhere