Notts County FM10 - Cheap/Free Players

lee24uk

Reaction score
In past Fm's ive managed to take leeds, millwall and oxford to the prem and win the treble in about 10-15 seasons, given the change in fortunes for most teams i thought id go with Notts (as most of us will) for the money they have behind them.

Although ive played past games with some lower leagues, i am struggling to find the talent, and even that hidden quality player who would sign for Notts (such as campbell, but obviously with a bit more commitment to anything other than his contract).

Im looking for everyones opinion on the best, quality players they feel could/would sign for notts, to give me a decent basis to start with.

Also, i play a fairly controlled attacking game as Man Utd, but are there any variations people use in the lower leagues? as obviously stats are no where near as good, any tactical advice for lower leagues would be good.

Finally, anyone have any downloadable FM10 shortlists yet?? all good having lists on the sites, but dont help having to go back and forth . . im fussy like that!

cheers.

try and go through all the big teams youth and get their best players on loan if you can

managed notts myself, currently in the Championship
mostly searched for free agents and good youths
im pretty sure there's a list out there with all the free agents and stuff

some great frees

andy van der meyde
jorge andrade
glauber (berti)
mark viduka
lauren
ebi smolarek
jari litmanen

Most important thing to do when managing a lower league team is to get a parent club and if your lucky you could get the likes arsenal, man utd, spurs, chelsea and even clubs in the chamionships who have bright 18-21 year old players that would rip players apart in the league you manage.

cheers guys, ill look into all of it now. have a week off. just wish i had the full game!!