Notts County hire Paul Ince.

Bodell

Reaction score
Former MK Dons manager Paul Ince has been hired at the helm to replace Craig Short who was sacked earlier this week, the clubs been on something of a rocky path regarding money, but Paul Ince steps in hoping to ground down some consistancy.​

"Paul has a wealth of experience as a player and a solid track record as a manager in the Football League, making him the obvious choice for me when we began our search for a new manager," Trew told the club's official website.​

Notts County currently sit 16th in the table, having got 16 points from 13 games.​

Paul-Ince-001.jpg

I think its a good appointment, he is a big name and will attract decent players. Plus he knows the lower leagues pretty well.

I think its a good appointment, he is a big name and will attract decent players. Plus he knows the lower leagues pretty well.

That said, there was no need to fire the previous boss.

Let's hope Incey can keep his place here, like the guy above said, he knows the lower leagues well, and is a liked person in football.

again another great move for notts then need to get a settled system in place its been all up in the air for them in the past 2years

Hmm, he'll do OK but won't last long.

Hope he does well though.

Just before Notts County play Gateshead aswell :mad:

Not wanting to burst the bubble or anything, but wasn't he absolutely awful at Blackburn?

Not wanting to burst the bubble or anything, but wasn't he absolutely awful at Blackburn?
really poor decision to get rid of short, but there is a lot of short term thinking in the lower leagues it seems

He'll probably use Notts Co to get back on people's lips, and then hopefully find a bigger job, which he deserves a right to prove himself again.