Notts county journey to the top of English football

Gaz09

Reaction score
NOTTS County have ended speculation about who will be there new manager by today appointing an unknown manager Gareth O' Reilly. He has signed a contract untill 2011 and will be paid £900 a week.

Speaking to BBC sport today O' Reilly said: "I had a long conversation with (Notts' chief executive) Jim Rodwell on Sunday and he was looking for someone to take over from outgoing manager Ian McParland.

The appointment of Cotteril was announced at 2pm today (Tuesday)on the club's website.

A statement read: "On a momentous day for Notts County Football Club, chairman Ray Trew is delighted to confirm that the club will not be placed into administration this season and that Steve Cotterill has been appointed as first team manager for the remainder of the current campaign." "This offers stability and gives the squad a real focus for promotion this year. "The board are not actively seeking a new manager or drafting up a shortlist presently. They have other issues at the minute, which they are dealing with."

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

guys im looking for some advice as to the bes formation to use with Notts county any suggestions.
My assistant has told me to use either 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Anyone got suggestions on a good right back bearing in mind that im Notts County. My assistant has recommended José Luis Rondo(£0) or David Cowan(£14k) or kevin Lomax(£35K). Any suggestions??

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

I have got £50k to spend on new players and £34k p/w

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:38 PM ----------

Two goals from Lee hughes helped Notts County on their way to a deserved 3-0 victory against Notts County Reserves this evening.

making his debut Ben Davis was also on the scoresheet as all three goals came in an action-packed first half which saw County cruise to the first victory of their pre-season campaign.

Notts began in confidently and had the majority of the early possession with the first opportunity falling to Jonnie Jackson but he blasted is wide from outside the box after a good run by Lee Hughes.

Notts County are looking good under there new manager Gareth O' Reilly

I use 4-4-2 with county works fairly well, whats wrong with maloney at right back?

I Brought Jay Spearing for 400k he can play right back

Notts Countys good pre-season under new manager Gareth O' Reilly continued with a 1-0 win over GH Academy. A crowd of 1934 turned out to watch Ben Davis score the winner in the 35th minute of the game. Ben Davis was also given the man of the match award.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Notts Countys new manager Gareth O' Reilly signed his first player today since joining them 2 weeks ago. The new player was Kelvin Lomax who signed from Oldham for 35k.

how many seasons do u think it will take u to make it to prem