robhoskin9

Reaction score
Hi, just thought i'd share with you my disappointment that i've just encountered. I'm Notts County manager (yes, i'm there for the money.) After after winning both the league 2 and league 1 titles with ease (+10 points each time.) I was in the Championship in my third season. I had about £6million to spend and was aiming for mid-table. However, I managed to buy some players capable of getting me promoted, such as: Nigel Reo-Coker, Nedum Onuoha, Vincent Kompany, Gary O'Neil and get this....Deco-He rejected an offer from AC. Milan to come to me....no joke! I had an average team to be fair overall, some Premiership standard players but also some League 1 standard players. Well to cut a long story short, i had to win my final game away to Swansea to gain a place in the playoffs. 2-0 after 10 minutes, i was facing finishing 11th! But after being 'angry' at my players at half-time, making 3 changes and setting my tactics to 'overload' i managed to win 3-2! I progressed into the final of the playoffs beating peterborough 3-2 on aggregate and faced Preston North End in the final. I was 2-0 up after 20 minutes....had i transformed a League 2 team into the Premier League with consecutive promotions? Well with 5 minutes left my one and only goalkeeper got injured-Kaspar Schmeichel got injured. I had no goalkeeper on the bench..I had to resort to putting a player in goal and attempting to defend to just 5 more minutes...Guess what...they scored 2 in those 5 minutes and another 2 in extra time. I lost 4-2. I;m gutted but feel with some decent signings in the summer i can not only achieve my aim of getting promotion but winning my 3rd league in 4 years. Premier League, here i come?

Unlucky man. Good luck with your promotion. I wish I had money like that at Charlton...