Notts County Sack Ince

PafcLad

Reaction score
Notts County manager Paul Ince has left the club by mutual consent after just over five months in charge.
Ince, 43, only took over in October but the Magpies have lost five games in a row and are only two places above the League One relegation zone.
Head scout Carl Heggs will take charge for Tuesday's game with Rochdale.
Notts chairman Ray Trew told the club website: "It was with a heavy heart that the board called a meeting in the aftermath of our defeat by Oldham."
For former England midfielder Ince, the decision comes as a further blow to his managerial career.
He led Macclesfield to survival from relegation to the Conference against the odds in 2006/07, before taking MK Dons up to League One and to Johnstone's Paint Trophy success the following season.
He left for Blackburn in the Premier League but was sacked after just 21 games.
He then had a second unremarkable spell at MK Dons and now leaves County having won 10 of his 29 games in charge.
The departure means none of County's last five managers have lasted six months.
Trew continued: "The recent run of results, which saw us win just once in March, meant that we were all in agreement that we had to address the situation.
"When we sat down to discuss the matter with Paul, it became clear that we were in agreement that a parting of the ways would be the best way forwards for all parties.
"I would like to place on record my thanks to Paul for his effort and commitment during his time at Meadow Lane.
"I am certain that, under other circumstances, things could have been very different, but we believe that this decision is in the best interests of both Paul and the club."
His exit comes just days after Professional Footballers' Association chief Gordon Taylor called on black British managerial hopefuls to be interviewed for vacant posts as of right to tackle discrimination.
Ince's exit leaves Charlton boss Chris Powell as the only black manager among the 92 clubs in English league football.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12951734.stm

Poor ****** doesn't seem to be having much luck at clubs. But it's a results business, so there you go.

Typical Notts County tbh.

Meh, lost 5 games in a row without scoring a goal, 2 points above relegation, you can't say that it's without justification.

Should of come to Sheffield Wednesday when he had the chance :)

Meh, lost 5 games in a row without scoring a goal, 2 points above relegation, you can't say that it's without justification.

5 games isn't the end of the world, to be perfectly honest.

But with our financial situation getting relegated could put us in very serious trouble and in danger of administration.

And I won't be surprised if County go down now.

I wouldn't either, things seemed ok a couple of months ago but it's all gone down the pan. Being a Notts fan you kinda get used to eternal dissapointment.

Load of rubbish Notts County- You need to give a manager at least a pre-season so he can bring in his own players and re-build the squad. Awful time to hire a new manager too, so I can only assume they will be in League 2 next season now.