Notts County: The Return To Glory

updates will be up sometime in the next few days lads, dropped out of the FMBase CL last night so I could carry on with this :)

now that DOES show signs of serious committment. people need to keep reading this, you're sacrificing a lot to give us updates harry mate!

now that DOES show signs of serious committment. people need to keep reading this, you're sacrificing a lot to give us updates harry mate!
Not a problem mate, it's people like you following that made me feel the need to carry on with the thread, plus the fact that it's a really fun save :p

Your thread is brilliant! Inspirational! I've started one with Notts County too! Never managed to get the big names like yourself on free transfers, but re-shuffled my transfer/wage budget and made some pretty good signings!

Managed to sign Tommy Spurr from Sheff Wed and Ben Turner in my two main transfers! Made some excellent loan signings too, baggin Ritchie De Laet, DR From Man Utd along with his two team mates James Chester DC and Febian Mendy ST. Both been excellent so far. Mendy and Hughes work excellent together! Also got Thomasz Kupisz on a season long loan from Everton! Alvaro Novo was agreat free transfer and doesn't want much in wages. Will hopefully get another 2 seasons out of him!

Anyway, after 7 games i've won 6 drew 1, scorin 13 and concedin only 2 which im delighted with. Hopefully it continues! Was knocked out of the league Cup at home to Manchester City 3-1! Was leadin at half time as well!

Anyway, i'll keep u updated with my side and as for plenty advice the further on i go! Cheers again Harry! This update is great!

First of all I want to thank everyone for the support they've given me in the build up to this update, and for all of the other updates I've put on this thread :)
anyway, my pre season didn't go too nicely despite probably some of the best business I have ever made on FM. Losing the magority of my friendlies and my first two competitives was quite worrying but I think the team just needs time to gel and settle into the new set up and we'll bounce straight back, none of my seasons have started smoothly :)
Come on County!

oh, and by the way, England won the World Cup. Happy days :p

Preseason Round-Up:

Best Buy - Rickie Lambert:
The lad put away 26 goals last year for Southampton and I have no idea how I got him on a free but I'm expecting great things from him and Cresswell this year.

Best Performer - Ben Alwick:
Despite conceding quite a few goals the young keeper made sure the margin of loss wasn't much bigger. Could prove to be a good replacement for Kasper.

Best Bargain - Marcos Pernia:
Always rated him on FM so as soon as he became avaliable on a free I jumped onto the opportunity to sign him as Dean Lewington may struggle to cut it in the Championship.

nice work harry, ill keep up to date with this as per usual.

come and check my new update for Napoli please mate :p

Nice work mate :) Check out my Wigan thread :p

u have put together a great team harry well done im sure u will be in the prem very soon