Notts County the rise to glory

try and stick at notts county and just see how it goes im managing them atm in my first season 1st in the league in the final of JPT and 4th round of fa cup

I have a lot of results to put up guys....here we go
I apologise about the lack of detail guys, I'm a bit of a hurry to get everything up.
December
Leyton Orient 0-1 Notts County
Notts Co 2-0 Swindon
Notts Co 1-2 Leeds Utd
Notts Co 0-0 Sothend
Notts Co 3-0 Exeter
Norwich 0-0 Notts Co
Notts Co 1-0 MK Dons
Scunthorpe 2-1 Notts Co

good run there mate, keep it up :) I've just updated my thread today, feel free to have a look :p

January
(all games are L1 games, unless stated)

Crewe 2-1 Notts Co 3rd Rd FA Cup
Tranmere 2-0 Notts Co
Notts Co 1-0 Crewe
Carlisle 1-1 Notts Co
Northampton 2-2 Notts Co
Notts Co 2-0 Oldham

Febuary
Brighton HA 2-2 Notts Co
Notts Co1-0 Yeovil T
Notts Co 2-1 Barnsley
Notts Co 2-0 Leyton Orient
Exeter 1-2 Notts Co
Colchester 0-0 Notts Co

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

March
Notts Co 1-0 Hartlepool
Notts Co 2-0 Blackpool
Walsall 1-2 Notts Co 100th Game in charge(H)
Notts Co 1-0 Huddersfield- Brighton (3rd) 2-1 Leeds Uth(1st)
After 38 games....
Leeds Utd 89
Notts Co 75
Brighton HA 74
Colchester 72

Leeds Utd 0-0 Notts Co(H)
Notts Co 2-0 Aldershot

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

April 2010......6 games remaining. The number in brackets signify that teams position in the league, prior to kick-off

(6th)Sothend 2-0 Notts Co(3rd)
(7th)Norwich 2-0 Brighton (2nd)

Swindon 1-0 Notts Co(3rd)
Bristol R 1-0 Brighton (2nd)
(1) Leeds Utd 0-3 Colchester(4th):O

(4th) Notts Co 3-0 Bristol R
(2nd) Colchester 4-1 Aldershot
(3rd) Brighton HA 2-0 Southend(5th)

(4th) Notts Co 2-1 Norwich(5th)
(3rd) Brighton HA 4-1 MK Dons
(2nd) Colchester 1-0 Bristol R

MK Dons 3-0 Notts Co(4th)
Scunthorpe 1-0 Brighton HA(3rd)
Southend 1-0 Colchester (2nd)

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Final Day of the season, Leeds Utd have been confirmed champions for the past few weeks, Notts County need to beat Scunthorpe at Meadow Lane to stand any chance of automatic promotion, Colchester who hold a one point lead over Brighton, with Notts a further point back, host Norwich, while strugglers Tranmere travle to in-form Brighton & Hove Albion. Stay tuned for the results

Last edited:
Nice one mate, follow my Wigan story if you want :)

Drew Norwich in the playoffs, obviously not favourate for that one, but hopefully i can get a decent results away from home, and cream them at home. Wish me luck

Drew Norwich in the playoffs, obviously not favourate for that one, but hopefully i can get a decent results away from home, and cream them at home. Wish me luck
I got them in the playoff final mate, not really a tough side. you just need to be strong at the back, I recommend playing a 5-1-2-2-1 formation with a Target Man at the top. They tend to play faster strikers so make sure your defenders drop deep and maybe even use wing backs so there's no need for the others to push up.
by the way, I've chosen to finish my Notts thread, I'm on my 'last game of fm09' thread now - Stockport County, have a look :p

Hey Tommy,

Quite New on here & haven't really posted!

I'm also manging Notts County and have managed to get them into the Championship, I have also done this each season ( League Two coming 2nd & League One through the play-offs). It's pretty tough but think I have built quite a strong squad.

I have added some screen shots feel free to look

Thanks!

Hmm hope i can get into The Championship with Hereford!
Good Luck mate!

Coca Cola League One Playoff Semi-final, 1st Leg

Norwich 2-1 Notts Co
Hughes 25 Doherty OG 71
Askou 66 Eide S.O 74

Coca Cola League One Playoff Semi-final, 2nd Leg

Notts Co 2-1 Norwich
Rodgers 67 Brown 36
Barnes 73

Notts County win 4-3 on penalties

Coca Cola League One Playoff Final

Notts Co 2-1 Barnsley (AET)
A brilliant display by the guys, pressure was on right from the start, Tim Krul was monumental in goals. Ashley Barnes gave us a wonder start after 14 minutes with a well executed close range header. However the pressure mounted and Barnsley were rewarded with an equaliser through Ian Hume, after a mix up in defence. The second half was mostly played in the Notts Co half, but with clear cut chances few and far between. As a result the game went to extra time. And just 6 minutes in, Jon Rodgers won a free 25 yards out from the Barnsley goals, up stepped Ben Davies and his wonderful drive found the top corner. Notts County are going to the championship.

''screenies will follow''

good win mate, good luck in the Champo it's not easy :) if you need any help you know where I am :D