Stephen Gibbs

Reaction score
Z

Chris Hughton ends Nowich Nightmare
Norwich City have sacked Chris Hughton after a dreadful season. Norwich are bottom of the Premier League table and it seems clear this is not what the board wanted. Norwich were tipped to finish safely in mid table but a disastrous season has seen the departure of all but one member of the backroom staff. Stephen Gibbs has been given the caretaker role until the end of the season with the task to keep Norwich up. Hughton is now the sixth casualty of the boardroom after Nigel Adkins at Southampton, Mark Hughes at QPR, Roberto Di Matteo at Chelsea and Brian McDermott at Reading just a few days ago. Caretaker boss Gibbs has said in the pre-match conference before the FA Cup fifth round tie against Spurs,
"I'm here because the board asked me. I was reluctant to accept but I didn't want to see the club suffer. I intended to resign and I intend to resign at the end of the season so another manager can take the job. Motives aside, my main job is to keep Norwich City in the Premier League and that task will be accomplished with relative ease."