sourgrapes11

Reaction score
I was wondering what it takes to make a player eligible for the England team. Case in point, Zelalem. http://bit.ly/1aXO7he
He meets all the criteria for England, but I can't try to call him up. With other players who are eligible but not intersted they reject my callup, but I can't even see the option to try to call him up. Why is this?

the fact he's not taken up english nationality is what's stopping it. others probably have english nationality but don't want to be called up to teh national team, probably only getting it for work permit reasons, e.g. becoming an eu citizen, whereas he's already got eu status through germany so doesn't see any point in applying for english citizenship so doesn't have english nationality.

So i'm guessing there's nothing i can do to get him for England? I know in reality if you take up another citizenship you lose your German citizenship, so if he chose to represent Ethiopia in a friendly then he might lose his German citizenship, leading to him applying for British citizenship and then being eligible for the NT?

I doubt that's incorporated in the game, and I'm fairly sure that's not how it works for the Boatang's. And even so he'd have to be about 24 before he'd decide to swap to Ethiopia, and even then it sounds like he'd be one of their star players so it's unlikely he would be able to gain English nationality before he played a competitive game for Ethiopia unless you were the manager and deliberately only picked him for Friendlies.