xtremeRED

Reaction score
What are the average number of passes your team makes per game? and pass %?

My team makes about 450-500 passes per game with a 80-85% success rate with current tactics..

tactic for below mentioned post: View attachment 221860

Last edited:
Consistently around 54% possession and 450-550 passes at 84% completion. Leading the league as usual though.

so that result from the tactic I tried, works both home and away, against stronger teams as well..
I had 55% possession against Bayern at Allianz Arena.. drew away from home, but that was my plan.. it seemed like parking the bus in terms of result, but we had much more possession and chances..

I guess that's from a strikerless tactic, weird formation, most players on defend duty right?
I had tried that, and was impressed with the number of passes and all, but it did nothing on the attacking front sadly..

amazing stats though!

If I remember correctly it was 4 at the back, 2 BPDs and 2 fullbacks on support. 1 regista, 1 dlp (s), 3 advanced playmakers, 1 central, 1 left and 1 right. 1 DLF (s).

The tactic was complete *****, but i had 70-80% possession per game with over 1000 passes which was the point of the tactic, so I considered it a success.

If I remember correctly it was 4 at the back, 2 BPDs and 2 fullbacks on support. 1 regista, 1 dlp (s), 3 advanced playmakers, 1 central, 1 left and 1 right. 1 DLF (s).

The tactic was complete *****, but i had 70-80% possession per game with over 1000 passes which was the point of the tactic, so I considered it a success.

I guess you are right with the roles..

I tried it once or twice, but it had zero attacking threat, and that wasn't what the creator intended, though.. it was just to beat all time passing records I suppose..

not anywhere close to those standards, I have got to making over 800 passes a game, 60% possession or so, and all that against decent opponents.. and am getting the results with shine fluent attacking!

I guess you are right with the roles..

I tried it once or twice, but it had zero attacking threat, and that wasn't what the creator intended, though.. it was just to beat all time passing records I suppose..

not anywhere close to those standards, I have got to making over 800 passes a game, 60% possession or so, and all that against decent opponents.. and am getting the results with shine fluent attacking!

That seems to be the problem with possession tactics on FM15. You pass the ball around without much attacking intent and all it takes is 1 misplaced pass you get countered and scored on. This years ME just doesn't suit tika-taka.

That seems to be the problem with possession tactics on FM15. You pass the ball around without much attacking intent and all it takes is 1 misplaced pass you get countered and scored on. This years ME just doesn't suit tika-taka.

that's probably owing to the fact what happened to Spain last WC! tiki taka....

My question is why you are passing the ball? Are you trying to look pretty or are you actually wanting to win games? I think the match engine is doing a good job of reflecting reality, as passing for passing sake is on the decline in world football being replaced by aggressive closing down and counter attack.

I recommend reading something on Pep Guardiola - He always maintains that passing with out purpose is a losing game. If you set up to pass the ball for passing sake and do so in your half then you make a mistake -= goal conceeded.

watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gtIoKWAwDk and observe the following.

1: The high % of passes vertically forward.
2: Where on the pitch they are playing.

As an aside, Pep hated Tika Taka - passing for passing sake. He instead wanted passing for a purpose. He hated the u passes of LWB - LCD - RCD - RWB for example.

Instead he stressed CD - DM - CM - WM or CD - CM - WM - AM passing sequences - vertical passing. It was ok to go back, but when going back the receiver was looking to send the pass forward first.

As an aside, movement off the ball is a big component. Pass and move to recieve the pass. This is something that FM match engine does not do a good job of, IMHO.

Last edited:
First pre-season game, most starters being young players:

The tactic is creating chances, and taking control of games both home and away so far!

If anyone wants to try it out, I can upload the same here..

View attachment 222146