Edd2020

Reaction score
How many different saves do you have on the go at the same time?

Also - does anyone else have the same LLM mentality of haggling over every penny when you get to manage clubs with almost unlimited budget?

Hey, I'm currently playing through with only 1 save at any one time this year. I tried managing with Spurs but found it too easy with the amount of money to play with after selling a few squad players.

But currently managing 1860 München who start in the 3 level of the Deutsch Pyramid. It's the most fun I've had in quite a while when playing this game.
Few of the reasons I'm enjoying LLM:
  1. Having a very limited budget and having to make the difficult decisions. Do I spend my few pennys to extend contracts before they expire or do I risk losing those players at the end of the season? Should I instead use the little budget I have to bring in a few decent free transfers now and hope to improve or survive one more year in the current division?
  2. Also, I've enjoyed the fact that sometimes I need to invest in the loan market for someone that can improve the quality of my squad (or improve depth) for a season but have no chances of signing permanently. Usually due to you being in a financial mess and in a low division. When I play as a big team I rarely look at the loan market..why loan when I can usually buy better players with my unlimited budget?
  3. I feel more-so on LLM you can grow really attached to your crop of players. You get promoted a few divisions and you still have that faithful player that helped get you there, he isn't good enough for this division but you still hang onto him and throw him on as a sub every few games when you're winning. ''He deserves to play with us in the Top division, he deserves that Cup!! He helped us get where we are!!" Maybe this is just me but I feel this more with LLM than with a big team.
  4. A cup run feels more special! It means more..mostly from a financial point of view; the smallest amounts earned in a cup run go a long way to easing the financial burden on a club. Even getting to the 3rd round and getting hammered by Bayern still feels great. Usually when I'm managing a big team and I get the usual 'Congrats, you've just won cup XYZ, the club has earned 5 million for participating' , I'm just like meh, next message. With LLM if I make it to the 3rd round and I get the same message with the difference being that we've earned 95k, I'm like thats amazing and I'm already thinking 'I hope the board gives me some of that to bring in a freebie with a small signing bonus'.
  5. The overall feeling, excitement, regret, confusion when you finally have a decent player come through the youth ranks, he's now 21 and club captain. Then a bigger team comes in for the first time and offers 6 figures...My club would barely know what a 1 million looks like on any normal day...Do I sell and try to invest or keep the player and hope he can help me achieve promotion?
  6. Lastly, longevity. Goals you have are usually harder to achieve. For example, my goal in this save is to bring 1860 München to the top division and taking over Bayern as the best club, not just in München but in Deutschland. Challenging goals usually means increased save longevity; boredom rarely sets in after even 5+ seasons.
I could probably come up with more points and yeah most of what makes LLM the most enjoyable, for me, are the challenges that are involved. Ha, it's a rollercoaster.

PS. These aren't facts. It's just just my opinion here. Maybe you can have the same amount of fun with any team and any division; it just comes down to what do you want out of the save..

Since I write a blog about my saves, I try to not have too many on the go. One for my blog and one for when I feel like playing FM but I'm not writing at the moment.

I'm always looking to get the best deals, regardless of how much money I have. I try and play with a strict wage budget, because if you don't keep on top of it, things can get out of hand very quickly.