NXT GEN V1 Newcastle, League and FA Cup Double (1st season, no transfers)

Thedarkdr

Reaction score
Background
Played FM for as long as I can remember, but never had the courage to post in these forums. This is my first attempt, please be nice lol. Absolutely love the games and love the challenge of creating tactics that work, particularly for the underdog. The theory being if my tactics work with the likes of Newcastle then they should be sound for the bigger clubs too...as I say theory.

My Aims
To create a tactic that;-
  • is defensively sound (not perfect)
  • plays football that scores goals
  • can be used effectively in Home/Away
  • (THE BIG ONE) Can make Newcastle title contenders with no transfers (top 3 finish)
The Tactic

I went for the standard 433 DM Wide (4-1-2-2-1) as this is the formation feel offers the most balance for Newcastle with the protection of a DM, whilst not relinquishing any threat going forward.

View attachment 312057

Now here's where it becomes slightly weird. The mentality is "Contain." I tried using Attacking/Control etc and at Home results were good, some very good but away I was getting mixed results, one of my Aims was to create a tactic that I could use Home/Away...So decided to be experimental as I've never used the Contain mentality before in an attempt to make us harder to break down. My worry however was that this may clash with my other aim of being able to score goals....

Team Instructions
View attachment 312056

Contain is low paced defensive mentality, designed to block attempts on goal and stop you cocnceding with limited desire to get forward. Straight away i needed to counteract this with the TI Much Higher Tempo, get the ball moving quicker to be more adventurous, coupled with pass into space for some purposeful breaks. I still want to be solid and frustrate teams so I've also gone for Retain Possession. Push Higher up becasue I dont want to invite pressure and it also helps with possession and pressing.

So What Happened...(Believe me I was shocked)

.View attachment 312055
View attachment 312054View attachment 312053
As you can see 79 goals scored in the league isn't bad for "Contain"

The unchanged squad
View attachment 312052

FA Cup Final
View attachment 312051

Final Table
View attachment 311994

Training, OI's
I have not looked at these in detail for this tactic, I would suggest defensive position for when up against big teams and attacking movement when your clear favorites OI's i manually put in to some matches on specific players I felt were a threat. But not tested with consistent constant OI's.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/krjafnr0lppt52r/NGEN_v1.0_38DBE0B9-04C9-46A5-AA06-31FD76A1059D.fmf

Hope
that this isn't a terrible Debut Post and some have find it interesting

Last edited:
I can't see any image.
You have to export the tactic in the tactic page, then you can upload it on many sites like mediafire, mega, ecc.

I can't see any image.
You have to export the tactic in the tactic page, then you can upload it on many sites like mediafire, mega, ecc.

You can also upload the tactic as an attachment

Click on attachment to see images it works for me and thanks il give that a go

Sorry guys il get back on laptop give me 10-15mins, I really don't understand cos I logged out and looked at my thread clicked on attachments and they loaded....il try and fix this...obviously suggestions welcome...

Sorry guys il get back on laptop give me 10-15mins, I really don't understand cos I logged out and looked at my thread clicked on attachments and they loaded....il try and fix this...obviously suggestions welcome...

only you can see them, cuz ur the admin of the thread. just use the "insert image" easiest way to uploud the img u want

Haven't done that yet..currently on phone out of house il put it up tonight about 6pm when I get back in

Il put it put when I'm at back home, off the top of my head I think won 27, drew 9, lost 2, 79 for, 28 against with 90 points I think, Chelsea came 2nd. Will post pic when I'm home

Use mediafire to upload the file, then attached the link to OP

Last edited:
Got media fire just restarting laptop is it straightforward to upload and attach file...sorry never done this b4