"O Produto Acabado": The Finished Product

Do you guys want me to keep this going? There's been no real interest so far...

Any constructive criticism? Anything else you guys want me to include in updates?

View attachment 294999
August

Transfers In

Italian striker Mattia Destro was the first signing made by Jason Mann at Dortmund. Formerly of Genoa, Destro joins on a free transfer after his contract had ran out. Velez's Argentine striker Facundo Ferreyra then also joined the club for a fee of £8 million after impressing the scouting team. Defender Jan Kirchhoff left German rivals Mainz to join The Black Yellows in the hope of winning silverware for £13 million. Belgian midfielder Kevin De Bruyne joined on a season long loan from English giants Chelsea before Ademilson re-joined Jason Mann after previously playing for the Englishman at FC Porto. A fee of £5.5 million was agreed between Jason Mann and his former club. Relegated Werder Bremen then lost star left-back Florian Hartherz to Dortmund as the youngster joined for £4.9 million. Experienced centre-half Ricardo Carvalho was another player to follow Jason Mann from FC Porto to Dortmund as he joined on a free transfer. Chelsea goalkeeper Matej Delac then joined the German runners-up for a fee of £3 million before Brazilian striker Eduardo joined on a season-long loan deal from Shakhtar Donetsk after previously playing for Jason Mann at FC Porto where he spent the second half of last season on loan. Ivorian striker Wilfried Bony then signed for Dortmund for £15.5 million after scoring 23 goals for Dutch side Vitesse last season. The final move of the transfer window saw Werder Bremen winger Eljero Elia join Dortmund on a season-long loan deal. After previously failing to sign Elia, Mann had given up hope on the Dutch winger before Werder Bremen offered the player for no fee and Dortmund paying no wages. The transfer was then rushed through in the final hour as the talented winger wanted to play Bundesliga football.

View attachment 295000

Transfers Out

Talented defender Mats Hummels left Dortmund to join English side Manchester City for £39.5 million. Despite being a key player to the Dortmund first team, manager Jason Mann sanctioned the move after being told he had just £10 million to improve the squad. Mainz defender Kirchhoff was signed as a replacement. Julian Koch then also left Dortmund in the search for first-team football. Italian side Empoli snapped him up for a mere £2 million. Marc Hornschuh joined Austia Wien before striker Didier Ya Konan moved to Serie A side Atalanta for £5.5 million. Reserve players Oliver Kirch and Chris Lowe both left the club for a combined fee of £3 million. New manager Jason Mann then allowed 16 first-team players to leave the club after their contracts had ran out - the only notable player being ageing Sebastian Kehl. Mann also sanctioned 14 loan deals out of the club - the most notable of which was striker Facundo Ferreyra joining German side Werder Bremen and Nicklas Helenius joining Italian side Inter Milan.

View attachment 295007

Results

Borussia Dortmund's pre-season started with a home game against French side FC Metz. Two first half goals ensured a 2-1 victory for The Black Yellows before the traveled to English side Sunderland. A poor display meant The Black Cats won the game 4-3 despite a late comeback from Dortmund. Pre-season was rounded off when Dortmund traveled to Belgian side Genk and won the game 3-1. Jason Mann's first competitive game in charge of Dortmund was a German Cup First Round game against BFC Dynamo. A admirable effort by Dynamo gave Dortmund a scare; before 4 goals in extra-time cemented Dortmund's place in the Second Round where they were drawn against Aalen. The Black Yellows then traveled to Dusseldorf and despite a poor performance; won the game courtesy of a late Eduardo goal which ensured all three points. A change of tactics was then made by manager Jason Mann as they hosted a talented Borussia Monchengladbach side. A scintillating attacking display meant Dortmund won the game 6-1.

View attachment 295014

Champions League Group Draw

Having been seeded 3rd for the Champions League Group Stage, Dortmund were always going to be drawn against two tough opponents. English giants Chelsea were the first team to be drawn in the group - followed by the equally impressive Italian league winners Juventus. Portuguese team Nacional de Madeira were the final team to be drawn alongside Dortmund. Despite starting the season in an impressive fashion, it is already hard to see how Dortmund will make it out of their Champions League Group. Chelsea and Juventus are currently unstoppable in domestic competitions while Madeira are the underdogs of the group. Despite having such a poor team in the group; it is still all up for grabs as the three giants of Chelsea, Juventus and Dortmund battle it out for the two qualification places.

View attachment 295015

Not continuing this story any more guys. I'm enjoying the save with Dortmund but I'm not enjoying uploading it any more as because of the number of Dortmund stories, it isn't fun anymore. While many of them aren't updated regularly, I don't want to get in 'competition' so to speak with anyone.

To let you guys know, I'm top midway through October; having won 8 and drawn 1 of my 9 games. Currently six points ahead of Bayern in second and in my Champions League group I'm second after beating Madeira at home and drawing away at Juventus. I'm up for starting another story despite finishing this one - if anyone has suggestions please feel free to leave a comment and I'll consider all! Thanks!