Reaction score
gun__1282546634_wenger21082010b.jpg
Arsene Wenger: We can win the title
Gunners boss believes club can win league next season after clinching fourth place
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has stated in his post match press conference that the team can win the Premier League despite the emergence of Everton and Spurs as Champions League hopefuls and the re-emergence of Liverpool. Wenger said; "I believe we can win the league next season, yes. The team are close now, we will not lose key players this summer and we are capable of winning the league. Everton will have a new manager next season, Manchester United will have a new manager next season and it could affect or boost their chances of Europe and beyond. Liverpool improved drastically as the season progressed and they could well finish in the Champions League places with the likes of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. Tottenham are up there now but they could lose Gareth Bale and he has carried the Spurs team throughout the season. With one or two new players I believe that we will win the title." Arsenal beat Newcastle 1-0 today to finish fourth and qualify for the UEFA Champions League ahead of rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Arsene Wenger's contract expires at the end of next season and no new offer has yet been submitted. It is understood owner Stan Kroekne wants Arsenal to win a trophy and will cease to offer a new deal until Arsenal close in on a trophy.

Last edited:
_68491766_sanogo.jpg

Yaya Sanogo: Arsenal sign French Under-20 striker from Auxerre
Arsenal have signed 20-year-old French youth international striker Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre.
He joins the Premier League club after becoming a free agent when his contract with the Ligue 2 outfit expired.
Sanogo, who scored 11 goals in 24 appearances for Auxerre, is currently with France at the Fifa Under-20 World Cup in Turkey.

He scored twice in the group stages to help his side through to the last 16, where they face the host nation.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said: "Sanogo is a good young signing for us.
"He has shown he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20 side.
"We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development."
Sanogo joined Auxerre as a 14-year-old. The Gunners have not revealed the length of his contract.

Nice start, as a GOONER I'll be following.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

olivier-giroud_2658611b.jpg
Arsenal start season with win against Crystal Palace
Olivier Giroud double helps Gunners edge Palace 3-2
Arsenal started the season with a victory against newly promoted side Crystal Palace. The Gunners beat Palace 3-2 at the Emirates with both sides putting in impressive performances. Olivier Giroud opened the scoring in the 24th minute before Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain netted six minutes later. Six minutes into the second half, Laurent Koscielny's own goal put Palace back into the game but six minutes later, Olivier Giroud finished off Palace with his second goal of the game. Paddy McCarthy's consolation in the 72nd minute caused Arsenal to be on red alert tightening defence and focusing on keeping their lead. Arsenal held on to win the game in front of their home crowd who despite the result, were unhappy with the club's lack of spending. Arsenal have only signed youngster Yaya Sanogo so far this window on a free transfer. Arsene Wenger confirmed in the post match conference that he will make additions to the squad.
We don't have to spend because our team is brilliant already but there are one or two positions that need filling and we are working towards deals. I can't announce anything yet but I hope to announce something in a week or two.

davide-santon-442880.jpg

Arsenal sign Davide Santon
Gunners sign full back from Newcastle for ?10 million
Arsene Wenger has kept his promise into signing players as he has confirmed the club have signed Davide Santon from Newcastle. The Italian international can play left and right back and after attracting interest from a host of clubs across Europe, has put pen to paper on an initial three year contract. Santon admitted he rejected offers from Premier League teams and that Arsenal was the best choice for him.
I had offers from some of the best teams in Europe, offers from Spain, a chance to return to Italy, an offer from France and even the chance to play in the Bundesliga, I had five or six offers from English teams and I was unsure on what to do. I had an offer from Tottenham Hotspur but I didn't want to settle for Europa League football. I had offers from the top four and after talking to Arsene Wenger, he convinced me that this is the best place for me to develop. I hope to impress Arsenal fans and prove my worth to this team.

Nice signing in Santon, he's a quality player.

Arsenal announce double signing
20120910203122.jpg

Arsenal have announced the signings of South American defenders Doria and Eder Alvarez Balanta.
Doria has signed from Botafogo for a reported fee of ?6,000,000 and he is set to be loaned to AC Milan until the end of the season. Doria has one cap for Brazil and Arsene Wenger said in an interview with Arsenal.com that Doria has the potential to be a world class defender.
It is clear for me, he will be a star. He will be in the Arsenal starting team in a few years for years to come. He is a young star and he will continue to grow into one of the best in the world. I believe this deal represents great value for money and that he will progress with the team.
Eder-Alvarez-Balanta-River-Plate.jpg

Arsenal also confirmed the signing of Colombian defender Eder Alvarez Balanta.
Balanta has signed from Argentinan club River Plate for an initial fee of ?6,000,000 which could rise based on appearances to ?8,000,000. Arsene Wenger has said that he signed Balanta due to his outstanding potential and that Balanta is the perfect partner for Doria.
I had been scouting Eder for a year and I had also been scouting Doria at the same time. The two have world class potential and I believe the two will form a lethal defensive partnership. Balanta has proven himself for club and the Colombian youth team although I believe it is only a matter of weeks before he is called up to the senior team.
Unlike Doria, Balanta will not be loaned out and will play in the first team this season.

Carlos%20Vela-931092

Arsenal resign Carlos Vela
Mexican rejoins Arsenal after club activate buy-back clause
Arsenal have continued their spending spree by announcing Carlos Vela has returned to Arsenal after a prolific season with Real Sociedad. Vela joined Sociedad on a permanent deal last season after a loan the season before and scored fourteen league goals to help the club qualify for the Champions League. Carlos Vela stated his delight to be returning to Arsenal and that he believes he has left Sociedad in a great position to progress through the league and Champions League.
I am happy to be back at Arsenal, I left because I didn't get an opportunity in the first team and I decided to accept the team's offer to return after Arsene Wenger told me of my importance to his title mission. It was humbling to have him tell me that he thinks I am a top player and how I've gone a long way in the past two seasons. I thank Real Sociedad for helping to make me the player I am today and I wish them every success in La Liga and in the Champions League. I have left the club in a great position to continue on without me and I'm sure they will finish in the top four again.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png
Former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has returned to Emirates Stadium on a free transfer.
The 29-year-old France international, who spent four years at the Gunners from 2004 to 2008, was released by AC Milan in the summer.
Flamini had been training with the north London club in recent weeks.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "He is a player of real quality, with a fantastic work rate and great mentality."
"He can play as a defensive midfielder or provide cover for first-choice full-backs Bacary Sagna and Kieran Gibbs.
"As we know, Mathieu is a strong midfielder, but is also comfortable playing in defence too. He is a very good addition to our squad."
Capped three times, he made 102 league appearances during his first spell in London after joining the club from Marseille.

View attachment 416745
11.00 - Arsenal set to sign Jackson Martinez from Porto, fee agreed and medical underway. #SSN
11.25 -
View attachment 416741
13.00 - Arsenal and Blackpool agree fee for winger Tom Ince. Ince will undergo medical and be loaned back to Blackpool. #SSN
View attachment 416740
THE BIG ONE...
[video=youtube;mi5ylTC0CLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5ylTC0CLY[/video]
Sky Sports News are onto my transfer dealings.

I've spoken to Mezut, he is up for joining us and he is undergoing a medical.

[video=youtube;OLNTKr9bOsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLNTKr9bOsk[/video]

gun__1270641767_fans4.jpg

August 2013
Arsenal 3-2 Crystal Palace
(Olivier Giroud, 24, 57, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 30)
We played well, we do need to work on our defence but all out impressive performance.

Manchester City 2-2 Arsenal
(Santi Cazorla, 3, Yaya Toure, 67, OWN GOAL)
With Manchester City's record at home in recent years, a draw is a great result.

Arsenal 1-1 West Bromwich Albion
(Santi Cazorla, 40)
I am unhappy with a draw as we should have won. All credit to West Brom and their performance today. We should have scored more goals.

uefa-champions-league.gif

Arsenal will play P. Ferreira in the Best Placed Playoff round.

P. Ferreira 0-3 Arsenal
(Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 32, 90+1, Nacho Monreal, 83)
Great performance away from home, this game has sent us into the group stages. Despite it being the first leg.

Arsenal 2-1 P. Ferreira
(Eder Alvarez Balanta, 26, Doria, 85)
Turns out our future defensive dynamic duo can score goals as well. Doria got us our winner and I'm proud of the two.

PLAYER OF THE M
ONTH
images

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
He scored four goals this month and put in some star-studded performances. He wins our Player of the Month award.

Great signings and a good start.

article-2084409-0F64E86000000578-847_634x410.jpg

September 2013

Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland

Jackson Martinez, (7, 29,) Carlos Vela, (82)
Delighted to see Jackson get two goals on his debut. Carlos is over the moon with a return winner!Bit concerned to see another own goal let in, this time by Szczesny. We all have bad days.

Fulham 3-2 Arsenal
Jackson Martinez, (4, 82)
Fulham outplayed us today, we were woeful. Jackson Martinez was the only positive to the game, getting another two goals. Four in two.

Liverpool 0-1 Arsenal
Per Mertesacker,
(10)
Great way to bounce back after losing to Fulham, Per put in a great performance today.

Capital-One-Cup-Fleetwood-Town_2810512.jpg

Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland
Theo Walcott, (18), Thomas Vermaelen, (33)
Sunderland didn't stand a chance, two early goals damaged their confidence and they ironed out a 90th minute consolation for travelling fans. On we march.

320px-uefa_champions_league_logo_2svg.png

Arsenal have been drawn to face Atletico Madrid, APOEL and Olympiakos in the Group Stages of the UEFA Champions League

Arsenal 2-1 Olympiakos
Nacho Monreal (47), Olivier Giroud (75)
We open our Champions League venture with a win against Olympiakos, we draw them in the group stages on what seems to be almost every year. Regardless, a win and three points in a battle for first with Atletico.

Player of the Month:
jackson-enero6_1389049269.jpg

Jackson Martinez
For scoring four goals this month in his first two games and adapting to life with Arsenal quite quickly.

BergkampGETTY1_2831149b.jpg

October 2013

Arsenal 2-0 Norwich

Olivier Giroud (36, 88)
Olivier Giroud is hitting form with a double against Norwich.

Cardiff 2-3 Arsenal
Olivier Giroud (27), Joe Mason o.g. (65), Mikel Arteta (pen, 70)
Not a great performance but Giroud continues to score. Good stuff.

Scum 1-1 Arsenal
Mezut Ozil (23)
Mezut Ozil got our only goal at ***** Hart Lane as we drew with Spurs. Personally, I'd take that as a defeat. We should be beating them. Onwards and upwards, I guess.

Atletico Madrid 4-5 Arsenal
Olivier Giroud, (65, 67, 74,) Davide Santon, (68, 83)
What a game! I didn't think there would be that many goals! Drinks on Olivier with his goal bonus!

Arsenal 3-1 APOEL
Theo Walcott, (31), Santi Cazorla, (64), Mezut Ozil, (87)
Good all round performance from the team, nice to see Mezut on the scoresheet.

Arsenal 0-0 Stoke
(Arsenal win on penalties)
We go onwards in the cup, I believe this is the first game this season in which we haven't scored. However, we win on penalties and were in with a chance of winning the Capital One Cup.

Player of the Month:
m5RLxUAH5NrwJ_s1SWR3y8g.jpg
Olivier scored a whopping seven goals this month and he is our deserved Player of the Month.

article-2072224-0F1EC72000000578-384_468x296.jpg

November 2013
Arsenal 3-1 Southampton
Laurent Koscielny (3), Jackson Martinez (28), Olivier Giroud (90+4)
Another three points as we battle to win the league. More goals from Jackson and Olivier makes me a happy man. Who needs RVP? A fat lump who is suffering from injury recurrences. Paying him stupid amounts of money to sit on the physio's table.

Arsenal 2-1 Manchester United
Nacho Monreal (7), Jackson Martinez (78)
Some well deserved retribution on Man United. Disappointed with Koscielny getting his second own goal of the season after just three minutes but Nacho levelled the game four minutes later and Jackson got the winner. Great to see.

Aston Villa 1-1 Arsenal
Mezut Ozil, (19)
A shame to see our winning run end but Mezut scored a vital goal getting us a point. We should of won this game.

Newcastle United
2-1 Arsenal
Jackson Martinez, (57)
All good things must come to an end, now that we are off Cloud Nine, time to focus on future games and avoid complacency.

APOEL 0-1 Arsenal
Jackson Martinez (50)
It was a fairly boring game, thanks to Jackson's goal we have officially qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Olympiakos 1-2 Arsenal
Carlos Vela (22), Jackson Martinez (45+1)
Jackson's run of form continues and Carlos Vela gets on the scoresheet. He doesn't play as a striker but he still scores goals. Top player.

Player of the Month:
jackson-enero6_1389049269.jpg

Jackson Martinez for scoring five goals

$T2eC16Z,!zoE9s5ngMHbBR6Q)RChnw~~60_35.JPG

December 2013
Arsenal 1-2 Chelski
Theo Walcott (35)
A home defeat, not good despite Theo Walcott's best efforts.

Arsenal 2-1 Everton

Jackson Martinez (47, pen 81)
After two defeats in a row, a win is the perfect remedy and now our confidence is back.

Stoke 1-1 Arsenal
Mikel Arteta (pen 53)
We should be beating these teams! Had there not been a penalty, we would have lost. Not good.

Arsenal 5-0 Swansea
Theo Walcott (20, 25, 48), Olivier Giroud (38, 89)
Theo Walcott has been sensational this month and he deserves a hat-trick. Olivier Giroud is back on the scoresheet after a mini drought.

Hull 2-0 Arsenal
A freak result perhaps? Disgusted at the team, Hull are just above the relegation and we are now a point behind Spurs in fourth. Not happy.

Arsenal 3-2 West Ham
Santi Cazorla (11), Olivier Giroud (53), Jackson Martinez (77)
We end 2013 with a victory. Let's hope for more of the same for the rest of the season.

Arsenal 5-3 Atletico Madrid
Per Mertesacker (30, 69), Mikel Arteta (pen 45+2), Mezut Ozil (76), Jack Wilshere (81)
We finish the Group Stages with a thumping win against Atletico, we have scored ten against them in two games! 17 goals scored in the two ties in total. We have drawn Lyon in the knockouts.

Arsenal 2-2 Southampton
Eder Alvarez Balanta (21), Callum Chambers o.g. (90+2)
Southampton go through on penalties
Dismal performance, Eder got a deserved goal, the face we only played extra time due to a last minute own goal was poor from us and potentially cruel to Southampton. Deserved winners. I'm not too angry about going out in this cup, it is cursed after all.

Nice performance there, unlucky with the Hull result, it probably was a freak result.

The Young Guns
ARSENAL VS PORTSMOUTH
FA CUP WITH BUDWEISER
EMIRATES STADIUM, LONDON

JANUARY 4TH, 2014

Gillette-Soccer-Saturday-001.jpg

JEFF STELLING: Good afternoon, welcome to Soccer Saturday and today we have the third round of the FA Cup with Budweiser. Were joined today by Matt Le Tissier, Phil Thompson, Paul Walsh and Charlie Nicholas. Before kickoff we'll be going through today's fixtures. Before getting to arguably the tie of the third round between Newcastle and Liverpool, Portsmouth will be travelling to Arsenal today as the clear underdogs. So Charlie, Arsenal will be hoping to win the FA Cup this season as the club haven't won a trophy since May 2005. Your thoughts?
CHARLIE NICHOLAS: Well Jeff, every team will want to win the FA Cup. It's the biggest tournament of it's kind, in Spain there is the Copa Del Rey but no tournament is as big as the FA Cup. Wigan did it last year, Chelsea the year before, Arsenal have a chance but so do a lot of teams. Arsenal won't be complacent today but the rumours of a young squad could be a risk by Arsene Wenger.
JEFF STELLING: Arsenal will announce their starting lineup in a few minutes but reports are indeed circulating that Arsene Wenger will opt for a side composed of Arsenal youngsters.
CHARLIE NICHOLAS: Arsenal have some top quality youngsters, there's the German Serge Gnabry, Gedion Zelalem looks a top prospect and I think Jack Wilshere pointed out Dan Crowley to be a star in the making.
JEFF STELLING: Well, all those names mentioned bar Jack Wilshere will be starting today! Arsenal have confirmed the starting line-up. Damian Martinez in goal, Carl Jenkinson's in at right back, Thomas Vermaelen and Eder Alvarez Balanta in today as Arsene Wenger rests Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny, Dan Crowley and Gedion Zelalem in at centre midfield and what a pairing the two could turn out to be! Serge Gnabry will play on the right wing, German Thomas Eisfield and Tomas Rosicky complete the line of attacking midfielders with Chuba Akpom to play up front. A massively rotated team from Arsenal's 3-1 loss to Manchester City wouldn't you say Charlie?
CHARLIE NICHOLAS: Yes Jeff, Arsenal were unfortunate against City and conceded three after going ahead. This team has some future starters in it and I can't wait to see the team in action today.

15:30
CharlieNicholasSSNArsenalvMilan_2729591.jpg

CHARLIE NICHOLAS: GOAL!!!!! It's a goal for Arsenal! Serge Gnabry nets his first goal for the club and what a goal it is! 1-0 Arsenal

images
images

A future Arsenal midfield?

FT 1-0 Arsenal

images

Man of the Match: 7.7 Rating

Last edited: