Lippo255

Reaction score
Had a go at this last year but never quite got it to work.

The idea is to create an A-League type competition involving small, but fully professional clubs from some of the countries in Oceania. Say 4 teams from New Zealand & 1 each in Vanuatu, Tahiti, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia & Samoa for example.

Could even be a multi tier system with relegation promotion to accomodate some of the even smaller nations as well.

Would base the competition in New Zealand but each individual club would be based in their own nation to create regens from that country etc.

Question is would anyone else be interested in this?

Any advice/suggestions welcome.

Should do, as club are still assigned to city/countries and get there regens from there rather than the country they are in.

Should do, as club are still assigned to city/countries and get there regens from there rather than the country they are in.

Sorry mate should have been clearer, i know the regen thing should work was just wondering if anyone else would be interested in playing it?

I was thinking in creating something similar. Three divisions, Oceanic/Pacific League, Hawaiian League and Carebbean League and than add playoffs for the top clubs. Was wondering whether USA or Australia for host nation (maybe only for the playoffs) and let all other matches be played in the respective country.

Ok, so here is how ive worked it.

1. Oceanic premier league - 10 teams, all fully pro. 5 from NZ ( based in Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Hamilton,Dunedin.) & 5 from the pacific nations all based in their respective capitals or largest city. ( Tahiti, Vanuatu, PNG, New Cal, & Fiji.)

The leagues rep has been set at 60, the largest clubs rep (Auckland) is 3050, smallest Port Vila (Vanuatu) 2150.

Below this i am currently creating a 2 conferance 2nd tier, one in NZ & one for the other pacfic nations not included in the top flight. Am hoping to have 10 teams in each though may have to settle for 8 or so in the pacific division.

As far as relegation/promotion is concerned i am yet to decide whether to have the top team from each lower division promoted or have a play off type situation between, say the top 2 teams from each division, with only the winner of this comp promoted.

Obviously the first way is much easier but i like the idea of a winner take all playoff situation.

Thoughts, opinions?

Ok, so here is how ive worked it.

1. Oceanic premier league - 10 teams, all fully pro. 5 from NZ ( based in Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Hamilton,Dunedin.) & 5 from the pacific nations all based in their respective capitals or largest city. ( Tahiti, Vanuatu, PNG, New Cal, & Fiji.)

The leagues rep has been set at 60, the largest clubs rep (Auckland) is 3050, smallest Port Vila (Vanuatu) 2150.

Below this i am currently creating a 2 conferance 2nd tier, one in NZ & one for the other pacfic nations not included in the top flight. Am hoping to have 10 teams in each though may have to settle for 8 or so in the pacific division.

As far as relegation/promotion is concerned i am yet to decide whether to have the top team from each lower division promoted or have a play off type situation between, say the top 2 teams from each division, with only the winner of this comp promoted.

Obviously the first way is much easier but i like the idea of a winner take all playoff situation.

Thoughts, opinions?

Sounds good!

THough, I think semi-pro would be a lot more realistic

Ok, so i am pretty much finished with my 2 tier Oceanic leagues project & could probably have it downloadable by the end of the day (assuming any1 is interested & i can work out how to do it lol).

However.....

I am now thinking about incorporating an aussie lower league database as well. How would it work?

Well have decided the best way would be to replace my wellington based club, in the opl, with the phoenix from the a-league (with a small decrease in reputation) leaving me only australian teams to worry about.

Then i would create a 3 tier aussie system that would look like this:

1. A-league (with a new franchise, possibly in canberra?, to replace the phoenix.
2. National league. A 14 to 20 team comp featuring the biggest & best clubs currently playing in the old state leagues as well as some fictional sides out of darwin, hobart etc.
3. State leagues. As the name would suggest a division representing each of the states & territories in Oz. This would be made up of existing clubs as well as some fictional ones to represent some of the larger regional centres in each state. Coffs harbour, Geelong etc. number of teams would vary from state to state.
4. Regional leagues. This is where it starts getting complicated so no promises on this one. The idea is to then divide each state into a varying number of small regional leagues featuring amatuer sides in close(ish) proximity to one another. So say nsw north coast would feature teams from port macquarie up to tweed heads etc.

Firstly i would like to know if anyone is interested in this idea?

Secondly, i know wiery is already working on an aussie league database so dont want to step on anyones toes, so to speak.

All thoughts, criticisms etc welcome!

Im keen for the Oceania league you have created! would be good to make it professional so the regens have a good chance at improving the each national teams quality making oceania stronger in the process.

Im keen for the Oceania league you have created! would be good to make it professional so the regens have a good chance at improving the each national teams quality making oceania stronger in the process.

Huh, i had forgotten about this. You just want the Oceanic leagues?

From memory i went with pro at top flight, for the reason you mentioned, then semi in the second tier.