Odd bugs with reserves

Jac4121993

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but what the heck.

As I have not got FM10, I decided to play a lower league team in FM09 - Bromley in Blue Square South.

Anyways, two problems;

1) My reserves are not part of the reserve league, yet every other team in the league has their reserve team participating in it (This is first season by the way).

2) I am unable to make my players "Available for Reserve Team" or whatever it is, so I have to either manually place them in the reserves. But, whenever I have a reserve friendly, I can set first teamer's to available, but only through the mail reminder, and then, if I don't my players to be available after that, say I have an FA Cup match or something where I can have 7 subs instead of 5, I have to put them in the reserves, then put them back in the senior squad, to make them unavailable for the reserves, very tedious and annoying.

So, does anyone have a clue what's caused this, because I certainly do not.

Maybe the team you took over hasn't registered a reserve team IRL, so they haven't got one in FM. Burnley once scrapped both youth and reserve teams a couple of seasons ago.

It will sort itself out midway through the next pre-season when the request comes if you want a reserve team yourself. What you could do is set all your players individually not available for reserves or isn't there an auto-pick for thereserves were you don't get a request.

Oh, I get a request whenever I have reserve team friendlies, doing the old trick with playing against German reserve teams for cash, but it's just that I do not have the right click option to set them to available and to not set them to available, which is quite annoying, since I don't know where it went.

Edit: Another one I remembered, it seems I can only set reserve team friendlies up to the end of the year.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Don't worry about this, just quickly set up another game to see if my save was bugged, but it seems that Bromley do not have a proper reserve team set up.

Last edited: