Reaction score
Breaking the Copenhagen reign

Odense_Boldklub.png

Well here it is the long awaited OB story. The aim is 3 fold:
- Win the SuperLiga
- Clear club debts
- Break Copenhagen reign!

View attachment 465032
(tbh i don't understand finance so this made no sense)

Today Englishman Stuart Moore was given the helm as Danish club OB began a new chapter in their history! Arriving at TRE-For Park in a blacked out posh car Moore went for a meeting with the club's directors.

View attachment 465033

View attachment 465029 View attachment 465028
View attachment 465027

In an afternoon press conference Stuart Moore layed out his personal ambitions for his tenure at Odense!

My personal aims:
- Win SuperLiga and Cup double
- Qualify for Europe
- Build a young squad
- Sign some recognised names
- Build Continental club reputation

He also highlighted the facilities he was inheriting and set about identifying areas to improve

View attachment 465026

- Improve Junior Coaching
- Improve youth facilities
- Build a new stadium
- Improve training complex

Next up for Moore is steering OB through pre-season and evaluating their current squad status!

Awesome to see this story!
I'm really excited to read more! :D

Building a new stadium is going to be hard.
In real life the interest for danish football is decreased. And there's almost no stadiums getting filled up.
But i don't know how FM have made this. Maybe it's possible in FM to get a lot of spectators.

It would also be epic if you won the league! We've been so close, for so long!
As you can see we finished 2nd for 3 years in a row!

Good luck with this!
I would still nudge you to sign the young danish keeper Frederik R?nnow from AC Horsens. :)

Awesome to see this story!
I'm really excited to read more! :D

Building a new stadium is going to be hard.
In real life the interest for danish football is decreased. And there's almost no stadiums getting filled up.
But i don't know how FM have made this. Maybe it's possible in FM to get a lot of spectators.

It would also be epic if you won the league! We've been so close, for so long!
As you can see we finished 2nd for 3 years in a row!

Good luck with this!
I would still nudge you to sign the young danish keeper Frederik R?nnow from AC Horsens. :)

Yeah i think the stadium is a long off dream maybe with some competitions i can get some interest and will then need a new stadium. Money is the main issue right now which needs sorting

Yeah i think the stadium is a long off dream maybe with some competitions i can get some interest and will then need a new stadium. Money is the main issue right now which needs sorting

You're right about that.

There's a couple of old guys on the team, who's not good enough anymore.
Jesper Christiansen & Morten Skoubo really sucks, and they're on high wages.
But i would suggest you to keep Anders M?ller Christensen. Even though he's old, he's still pretty good. :)
This is off course just some suggestions from my side on. :)

Finally a story with a Danish team. I'll definitely follow this :D

You're right about that.

There's a couple of old guys on the team, who's not good enough anymore.
Jesper Christiansen & Morten Skoubo really sucks, and they're on high wages.
But i would suggest you to keep Anders M?ller Christensen. Even though he's old, he's still pretty good. :)
This is off course just some suggestions from my side on. :)

Yeah one is my keeper well one of them and the other a striker who always gets injured so may look to cash in on them soon but nobody seems interested atm. Still i have started ok i think will post again soon

Odense_Boldklub.png

Pre Season:

View attachment 465006

The loan repayments for OB are beginning meaning the club are going to be stuck financially. This has thrown a few issues into transfers and club improvements for this first season. Moore will be hoping for a good cup run and some clever spending in order to balance the books.

View attachment 465005
After consultation the board agreed to inject some cash into OB's behind the scenes projects. Although contradicting the loan repayments this is sure to keep the club afloat for the time being.

Squad Depth:

View attachment 465003

Fixtures and Results
:

View attachment 465004

"The highlight of the break was the teams presence in front of goal" according to Moore. Despite the positives the club was disappointed with defeats to Spartak Moscow and Leverkusen.

So a mixed bag during the off season. Something for Moore to ponder looking at a small squad with very little chance of investment. What impact will this have when the season kicks off...

Looks good.
I'm thrilled to see that this probrably will be a realistic save. :D
At least you got a impressive win against Skjold & HB K?ge(Skjold is a norwegian team i think, and HB K?ge plays in the 1st division in Denmark, for those who don't know).

Yeah fingers crossed. Balance the books and what not first. Posting a 1st league update tomorrow with some nice surprises ;)

Odense_Boldklub.png

July & August Update

The new season draws near and Stuart Moore and the OB lads have been hard at work training. Tactical Work has become important as the club know very little is likely to happen in the Transfer Window.

View attachment 464721
(Proposed seasonal formation. 4-2-3-1 narrow.)

And so it begins...

View attachment 464704
"Our pre season did not allow the preparation i wanted but we must move on and start the season with a bang"

FC Midtjylland 2-1 Odense
Falk 92'
A battling display with a very even 1st half however Moore's boys showed fatigue in the 2nd half and injuries before the game took their toll on attacking presence as OB never looked like getting into the game.

Odense 0-0 Brondby IF
A scoreless draw but a solid defensive display from OB as Toppel made his bow in goal. Some fine saves meant that all strikers had a bad day at the office.

FC Nordsjaelland 1-2 Odense
Vadocz 37', Falk 62'
A game OB never looked like losing and a horror start from Nordsjaelland continued. Creative play from Vad?cz dominated the game from the midfield and Rasmus Falk wrapped up a win with a deft chip.

Esbjerg 2-2 Odense
Pedersen 68', Vadocz 75'
What a game! end to end open football played by both sides with pressure mounting on both goals. The return of Marten Pedersen proved vital for OB.

Odense 2-1 AaB
Pedersen 8' 61
Dominant performance going forward from OB and Moore turned a smile at watching every flowing move from the flanks. In his first start of the season Pedersen turned out a MoM performance and put pressure on Falk.

Odense 1-0 FC Kobenhavn
Falk 46'
A tactical game of chess was played here today which saw Falk grab the all important goal answering the challenge from Pedersen. Some vital last gasp defending helped secure the win but more importantly the clean sheet.

Randers 0-1 Odense
Vadocz 53'

This game offered little inspiration which saw more cards and injuries than attempts on goal.

Odense 1-1 Silkeborg IF
Lofquist 75'
A battling display an an even game between the two who sat next to each other in the table. A brilliant volley from Swede forward Lofquist saved some blushes for Moore but was no more than the team deserved.

View attachment 464682View attachment 464679

"So far this season has started well. The loss on opening day has been put firmly behind us and we look good going forward. The issue for me now is keeping the momentum going and finding some more goals." claimed Moore, "my concern is the amount fo cards being picked up as Espen has already reached his 15pt discipline target this early on suggesting an obvious issue for me."

View attachment 464683View attachment 464681 View attachment 464680

Too many choices for Star Player unfortunately but some key players emerging.

Odense_Boldklub.png

Transfer Update

So the transfer window has slammed shut in Denmark and it has been a busy window but not for OB. Moore has been left somewhat frustrated by the lack of activity at the club but knew what to expect upon taking the job.

View attachment 464366

A couple positive signings have added to squad depth but nothing major of note as Moore was unable to move on any of the clubs high earners on a permanent deal.

So who are the new players?

View attachment 464364

View attachment 464365

"These players are all set to make an impact at this club" claimed Moore "and i look forward to seeing them in action soon"

Meanwhile the transfer window has seen many comings and goings

View attachment 464363

View attachment 464362

The most notable transfer saw AGF sign Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair on loan.

Last edited:
For some reason the layout keeps messing up. Very annoying!

Awesome start with a 1st place!
Great to see Niclas Vemmelund there. He actually plays for OB IRL too. :)
But arent you a bit short on keepers as i can see you loaned out Jesper christiansen?

Also AGF loaning Scott Sinclair seems a bit crazy. :p

Great to see Niclas Vemmelund there. He actually plays for OB IRL too. :)
But arent you a bit short on keepers as i can see you loaned out Jesper christiansen?

Also AGF loaning Scott Sinclair seems a bit crazy. :p

Unfortunately 4th however the next update could be good. Oh really? thats a good move then.
Nope got Radza Toppel and Jorgensen.

I know. I need to find me some players like that

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hansi24
Great to see Niclas Vemmelund there. He actually plays for OB IRL too.
smile.gif

Also AGF loaning Scott Sinclair seems a bit crazy.
tongue.gif

Unfortunately 4th however the next update could be good. Oh really? thats a good move then.
Nope got Radza Toppel and Jorgensen.

I know. I need to find me some players like that

I consider it 1st, because you have as many points as the 1st place. :D

Odense_Boldklub.png

September & October

View attachment 464241 View attachment 464240

So the season moves on into the second phase and points are beginning to mean everything as teams around each other start trying to pull ahead. An ever changing league has seen OB rise as high as 2nd but dropped points have come back to bite them. Here's how the games shaped up.

View attachment 464246

AC Horsens 2-2 Odense
Falk 1', Diarra 82'
A game of two halves saw OB dominate from the word go but then struggle after half time. Relying on a late power strike from Diarra to rescue a point.

Odense 0-0 SonderjyskE
A bore draw with very few chances at goal. Falk and Hoegh threw out the best performances.

AGF 1-0 Odense
A loss to top of the table AGF was disappointing with only 2 shots on goal for OB who were uninspiring. Overall a poor display Stuart Moore had to oversee.

Odense 2-1 FC Midtjylland
Schoop 29', Bodul 82'
A solid win gave Moore revenge over his opening day loss. A first team appearance and debut goal for Bodul signalled a good problem for Moore in deciding the strikers to use in his team.

Odense 3-1 FC Nordsjjaelland
Larsen 64', Loquist 66', Silberbauer 92'
A 2nd half turnaround saw OB walk away with the 3 points in a very open game. The counter attacking prowess of Emil Larsen and Rasmus Falk saw OB overpower the waning away defense for a 2 minute salvo to seize control of the game.

Brondby IF 2-2 Odense
Ruud 2' Falk 26'

What more can be said about an entertaining game other than Desmond was deserved. Brondby twice came from behind in this game against a flowing OB attack however a poor game from Toppel and Hoegh meant they were unable to keep Brondby out.

View attachment 464243

*Star Player*

Rasmus Falk

images

View attachment 464242

May have an issue as on an update my laptop uninstalled football manager....hoping this save is still on there....

May have an issue as on an update my laptop uninstalled football manager....hoping this save is still on there....

Yeah its erased my save data. Very annoyed and gutted as i was enjoying this save. Countdown until FM14 is on. This save will be restarted then!

Nooooo!
Very sad to hear that.

But i'm atleast glad that you will do this story on FM14. :D