Offering £0 and transfer fee over 48 months

Reaction score
Alright, sorry if this is wrong section or a duplicate thread, but anyway.

I'm managing Southampton atm, and after seeing he was tranfer listed and in the Spurs reserves, I agreed to sign Adam Johnson with 0 money up front, and £7.5 million over 48 months, but now when I try to complete the tranfer, it says that I do not have the funds currently to complete the tranfer. But surely if I have offered 0 money up front there would not be any upfront fee to pay. Anyoneknow why this is?

You still need to have 7.5 million in your transfer budget, that money doesn't just magically appear.

You need to have the first 12 months available

Slightly off OP, but my mate was on about this, that it's a good way to sign players.

Say if I buy someone for £0 and 5 mil over next 24 months, how much would be taken from my tranny kitty?

You need to have all of the money in the transfer budget before you do this, or else the transfer can't go through.

Slightly off OP, but my mate was on about this, that it's a good way to sign players.Say if I buy someone for £0 and 5 mil over next 24 months, how much would be taken from my tranny kitty?

5m, but by 208k per month. ;)

i offer/transfer list the player, and then i get offers like 11m for 48 months. ffs :mad:

Last edited:
you need to pay the sign-in fee and the agent fee... maybe your balance does not enough to pay for those...

i never like 'having to pay for a long time' scheme, in this case, paying for a period of 4 years. so when ever i go with a monthly instalment, its a maximum 2 years.

if a player is worth 1m, i just put some performance clauses to it + monthly instalments ;). (or sometimes i pay in full XD)

Last edited: