GenesisBit

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently in the year 2017 and I have a contract with my one of my best midfield players until 2020. I was advised to offer him an improved contract.
I cannot see any benift in doing this as he remains here until 2020. Do players perform better when given an improved contract? Is there any benefit?

i havent seen any changes in performance or morale, but i always tend to refuse if they have time left on their deal. they do get unhappy but usually once i explain that they still have time on their contract they usually shut up.

It should also help prevent transfer speculation. If a player starts getting chased by a club, or several clubs, he can become unsettled and want to move which can adversely affect his morale. Awarding him a new contract can prevent this if he is receptive to a new offer.

So to agree with the post above, I would avoid it if he has time left on his current deal unless he is getting unsettled and wants to move on. From your post, this may well be a possibility as you say he is one of your best players....

Thanks guys. I had a talk with him and asked him to just wait since there is plenty of time left and he apologised to me and dropped the subject thankfully!

"You still have time left in your contract! There will be no talks of an improve contract!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Okay :( Sorry, You are right, I shouldn't have brought that up" :( :( :(

Always happens to me lol, I find it funny.