Offside Trap: What players/attributes would be the most suitable for this?

Reaction score
I'm wanting to build tactics that employ the best use of the offside trap. Has anyone had (proven) success with using a combination of the shout (Offisde Trap) and with certain players with certain attributes?

Presumably this is best used with a high line and/or sweeper keeper?

I'm wanting to build tactics that employ the best use of the offside trap. Has anyone had (proven) success with using a combination of the shout (Offisde Trap) and with certain players with certain attributes?

Presumably this is best used with a high line and/or sweeper keeper?

I think you should have the fastest CB's you can, normally the FB's are already fast, and they all should have good Positioning, Concentration and Decisions.

I think you should have the fastest CB's you can, normally the FB's are already fast, and they all should have good Positioning, Concentration and Decisions.
I agree with most of that, however the speed of the defenders won't matter with a high defensive line as long as they have high Positioning, Concentration and Decisions. In my arsenal defence, Mertesacker is a wet dream and always pulls it off to perfection with Koscielny. They are the best cb partnership in the game imo.

you need a great 2 friendly defenders. positioning and decisions are most important but also I thing anticipation and teamwork should matter too.
speed for central defenders it's not important at offside trap

I agree with most of that, however the speed of the defenders won't matter with a high defensive line as long as they have high Positioning, Concentration and Decisions. In my arsenal defence, Mertesacker is a wet dream and always pulls it off to perfection with Koscielny. They are the best cb partnership in the game imo.

you need a great 2 friendly defenders. positioning and decisions are most important but also I thing anticipation and teamwork should matter too.
speed for central defenders it's not important at offside trap
Agree but when they miss and the striker gets the ball, you'll want some fast CBs, obviously if the offside trap works all the time the speed won't matters but when it fails, speed will be important!
That's my opinion!

Agree but when they miss and the striker gets the ball, you'll want some fast CBs, obviously if the offside trap works all the time the speed won't matters but when it fails, speed will be important!
That's my opinion!
The think is if they have the necessary stats, the offside trap would hardly fail.

That's my opinion!
If they have the necessary stats, the offside trap would hardly fail.