Zealousmango7

Reaction score
My team has scored 10 goals in the last 3 games. But 8 of them have been declared offside by the linesman. Is there anything I can do in my tactics that can reduce the chance of me being offside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I finished typing this, another is offside. This is costing me so many points...

int there a shout button saying play round defence or something, if so that might help

Last edited:
Are there anything I could do initially to help at all? Instead of shouting every game

Train them to have the 'Stay Onside' PPM.
In the player instructions tell them to come deep to get the ball.
Have less players on Attack role and set a few to support roles.
Shorter Passing.
Slower Tempo.
Set match-training as 'Attacking Positioning'.
Players with better off-the-ball and decisions will stay onside.
Play with a less attacking strategy.

Everything I can think of that would effect it at the moment, hope it helped!! :D

In case you haven't figured it out already, all you need to do is set "Attacking" - "Mentality" in Player instructions 1 notch down. This is especially true in case of strikers who wait for passes in the middle of the defence.

Link to the Manual online: http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/fm2013/index.php?locale=en_GB&id=196

This alone won't help. A player who has his mentality set to the highest possible attacking won't purposely stand offside? Either way, they will attempt to stay onside, so you have to take into account many different factors...