Ofsside bug?

mafi

Reaction score
I scored 2 goals in a game outside from great distance but both of them were cancelled for offside. In both situations I had a player offside but the did not participate .
So it was not offside.

lol its not a fm bug, it happens in real life

rangers had 2 goals chopped off 4 same reason which caused us 4points in 2 games

I guess it adds a realistic dimension to it if the game have imployed this on purpose.

Well it would only be realistic if it is the case on occasion instead of all the time, It is hard to determine which is which when it was only 2 cases.

some of the offside are random I thin, I've had an offside given against me while passing around in the middle of the park in front of there back four.

It's not offside If that player does not participate.

It's not offside if the player isn't interfering with play, interfering with an opponent or gaining an advantage by being in an offside position. They're very broad definitions and what gets given and what doesn't can vary according to the refereeing team - both in game and in real life.

So in the OP, was there a player distracting the goalkeeper or in the goalkeeper's line of vision, whether directly or peripheral (interfering with an opponent part of the rule)? If so, if that player was offside, the goal can be cancelled out.