Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside - Blackpool Story

dan123

Reaction score
First FM Story so be gentle :)

BLACKPOOL FC - MY STORY

blackpoolfclogo.png

Seaside town Blackpool is situated on the North West Coast of England. Home to the Tower, the Pleasure Beach, the 3 Piers and the famous Illuminations, it has gained the nickname "The Las Vegas of the North.

In the football world Blackpool have suffered in the depths on the Football League untill recently, in the last 10 years they progressed up the leagues and in the past 5 season they have gone from a League One outfit to this season being the 44th team to enter the Premier League, mastered by eccentric manager Ian Holloway.

IAN HOLLOWAY LEAVES BLACKPOOL FC
ianholloway1.jpg

It's a sad day for Blackpool, after ifluential manager Ian 'Ollie' Holloway resigned from the position as manager of the seaside club a month before their début season in the Premier League. The spur of the moment decision was caused by an argument with Chairman Karl Oyston, who apparently rejected requests that Ollie was to be given and extra £6 million to spend on players.

Ian had this to say on the matter
I have never been so insulted in my life. All i want is to give my lads a shot at the big time, the money, and I'm being stopped of doing that. It's not right. If my chickens asked me for more food I would give them more food as it will keep them going and produce more eggs. Thats all i want to do here at Blackpool and I have resigned because of it.

Karl Oyston had this to say
It's a shame that Ian felt he had to resign from his position but i wasn't prepared to give anymore money that could land us in more trouble in the future. Ian is a good guy and i'm sure he will do well for himself.

3 IN LINE FOR TOP JOB
skysportslogo.jpg
Sky Sports have announced that there are currently 3 runners for the top job at Blackpool after a shortlist of 6 were announced. These being, Martin O'Neill, Phil Brown and Unknown manager Danny Reeds, with the likes of Gary Megson, Chris Houghton ruling themselves out and with Alan Pardew taking up the Newcastle role.

Here is some information on Unknown Manager Danny Reeds.
He was born in Blackpool where he is a long life Seasiders fan. Played football for his local team in his early years but after an injury was forced to quit for up to 6 months. He trained for his coaching badges and coached a Local junior team before moving on to manage the likes of Burscough when he managed to save them from relegation and managed to get them promoted in his next season where he reached safety in his 3rd season. He has recently managed Staines Town of the Blue Square South, in which he achieved promotion to the Blue Square Prem and nearly promotion to the Football League before leaving for personal reasons.

THE ODDS
corallogo.jpg

Coral betting have realesed these odds for the 3 hopefuls
Phil Brown - 2/1 favourite
Danny Reeds - 10/1
Martin O'Neill - 15-1

BLACKPOOL ANNOUCE REEDS AS THEIR NEW MANAGER
me1lh.jpg

Unknown Manager Danny Reeds has shocked all the press and fans as he has been appionted the successor of Ian Holloway as Blackpool Manager. The former Staines and Burscough manager is said to be excited to be part of a fantastic set-up and hopes to emulate his success he has had with previous clubs.

Chairman Karl Oyston has been quoted as saying
I'm delighted that Danny is here with us. I have followed his success at great length and I hope he will continue his success rate here with us. I have all my faith in him.

Life Long fan had this to say
It's a bit of a shock signing in all honesty. I would of loved to see O'Neill here but you cannot deny Danny's success he has had. Will he be able to carry it on in the top league in the world? we will have to see.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

So then hope you enjoyed my opener. Now to get started on my Season.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

FIRST DAY AT THE OFFICE

As I sit here as the new manager of Blackpool, I slumped into my cosy chair looking over the Bloomfield Road pitch taking in the last 24 hours which saw me go from a nobody to a somebody. A knock on the door followed and in steps assistant manager Steve Thompson who welcomes me to the club and passes me an agenda outling the days events from Interviews to transfer talk. I accompy Steve to the interview room, talking about future plans for the club and past experiances. I took my place alongside Steve and Karl at the table and began the interviews.

You sit here as manager of Blackpool. Are you excited?
I think to go from being manager of a lower league side to having a shot at the big leagues is usually daunting for some managers but for me i cannot wait to get going.

You come in after the controversial departure of Holloway, Is that a tough act to follow?
To take over any side is always tough especially after the success that Blackpool have had, But to follow Ollie, a man who has the bond with players and staff and talks alot of sense it is even tougher. I not saying my plans will work over night but i'll do my best to keep the structure he has left and hope i can add my own element to it.

Don't get me wrong but out of all the other managers in line for the job, your name didn't feature amongst the experts, was it a shock to you when yopu got the phone call?
I was the 2nd best priced contender according to the bookies so somebody must really think i would get the job. But yeah it was a bit of a shock. I had offers from a number of Blue Square Prem sides and some lower league 2 sides but when my name appeared on the shortlist i was stunned. Then to get the call was even better.

TEAM + TRANSFERS
GK - Paul Rachubka, Richard Kingson, Matt Gilks
DF - Neal Eardley, Alex John Baptiste, Ian Evatt, Craig Cathcart, Stephen Crainey, Danny Coid, David Carney, Dekel Keinan
MF - Charlie Adam, David Vaughan, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Matty Phillips, Elliott Grandin, Luko Sylvestre, Malaury Martin, Keith Southern, Ishmel Demontagnac, Chris Basham,
ST - DJ Campbell, Marlon Harewood, Luke Varney, Brett Ormerod,

TRANSFERS
66656655.jpg

Decided not to make major changes to the playing side as most are new signings, but did sign 3 players to add strength to areas that needed strengthening

Michael Ball - 30 Years Old
michaelball1096464.jpg
Formerly of Man City, he came in to replace Crainey, who was all set to leave. He didn't in the end but still is good cover for LB area

Giani Kirita - 33 Years Old
gianikiritagalatanuedes.jpg

Formerly of Bursaspor, was reccommended to me by Thompson and acts as suffcient cover for DM area which i currently employ

Juan Pablo Rodriguez - 31 Years Old
16e8bf9jprodriguez400p.jpg
Formerly of Santos Laguna, Is a first teamer with excellent stats. Great cover also if Adam or Vaughan are out.

I sent Matty Phillips on Loan to gain experience, and sold Jason Euell for 40k as he wasn't in my plans.

Last edited:
i'm telling you mate...blackpool is hard as ****...i'm rock bottom after 23 games