Oktoberfest Chronicles; The Rise of 1860 Munich

Season 4 – Constructing Bundesliga Triumph…

As we embark on Season 4 of our journey, fuelled by a splendid performance in the Bundesliga last season, we've made significant moves in the transfer window. Now is the opportune moment to seize the chance and make our mark in Europe this year!

Transfer Season…

trans out.png

The summer witnessed a flurry of activity with 20 departures, including players who played pivotal roles in our climb up the leagues. Despite bidding farewell to contributors like Desler, Katterbach, Iliev, and Okugawa, who played key roles in our previous success, we saw an influx of £22 million, a welcome boost to our finances.

In July, efforts were made to offload surplus and fringe players, not only to trim the wage bill but also to strengthen the reserve and youth teams. Accepting most offers, I aimed to build a financial reserve for later use. While losing Harwood-Bellis due to his release clause was disappointing, additional fees negotiated will benefit us in the long run. Loans were also sorted for squad players, aiming to continue their development or secure a good sale value.

trans in.png

With 20 departures and an additional £22 million injected into the club, a spending spree was underway! We welcomed 18 new players, spending £37 million, with 14 of them now part of the first team. Another overhaul, you might say!

Following the pre-contract signings previously mentioned, our spending spree continued. Several acquisitions included players with future fees, allowing us to build upon the existing squad without the annual rebuilding process.

New Signings:
  • GK – Baxter, Free – Come in from a season in the championship with Bolton. Looks a good upgrade and a solid option along with Belman and Hiller.
  • CB – Klemens, £4.2M – Our first target at CB for the summer. Wanted to ensure we had a solid core and he’s a great role player for us.
  • CB – Beyer, £7.25M – Our star CB signing for the year. Will be playing every minute he’s available.
  • CB – Chiarodia, £7.25M – Brought in at the same time as Beyer and will rotate with Klemens. Also has ability to play LB so will come in handy as a rotation option too.
  • RB – Ramsay, £6.5M – Youngster from Liverpool who I think we got pretty cheap. Can play all up the right hand side and has a bit of pace too!
  • LB – Miranda, £6.5M – Was available on the cheap after popping up on the transfer list. Covers the loss of Katterbach and is probably a better option than Soares now too. Helps finish off the new look back line.
  • CM – Neuhaus, £1.8M – Welcome back to the club sir! A homegrown at club player who ill never turn away! Will also star in the middle for us and always a good option with European football in our sights.
  • CM – Sforza, Loan – Potential star from PSG. Was super cheap so can never complain as a rotation option.
  • CM – Davies, Free – Saw him on the scout reports but wanted super high wages. As soon as the window closed he slashed them and we went back in! Solid piece who can also fill in at right back now too.
  • CAM – Kameri, Loan – Seen as a wonderkid with bags of potential. Ideal to play behind the striker and also gives us depth now to allow us to potentially move back to a 4-2-3-1 formation if needed.
  • CAM – McAtee, Free – Another player who dropped his wage demands after the window closed. Great to add a youngster with a bit of potential and can even sell on at the end of the year for a tidy profit.
  • ST – Kouame, £3.3M – Our new leading man, as Rodriguez didn’t hit the ground running Kouame will now lead the line and hopefully score the goals we’ve been waiting for so far in the Bundesliga.
new lineup.png

This season, our squad has undergone a significant transformation. Veloso is the lone player retaining his spot, with Tromp now serving as a rotational player from the bench. Considering the talent at our disposal, a shift to a 4-2-3-1 formation may accommodate all key players. The depth on the bench has vastly improved, with former regular starters now facing a challenge to secure a spot, always a good sign when that happens!

Financial Situation

finances.png

Despite a healthy financial situation stemming from the previous season's success and a new stadium investment, the significant signings have likely strained our finances. Although I anticipate a temporary dip, hopefully we reap the rewards, especially with European competition on the horizon if we can piece together a good season.

transfer debt.png

While accumulating a bit of debt due to our transfers, we remain optimistic that European football will bring financial benefits, facilitating the clearance of this debt. It's an unfortunate necessity, but I believe the investment will pay off this season.

Media Predictions

season preview.png

Despite the influx of new signings and the establishment of a new team core, we're still predicted to finish 13th. The challenge remains formidable as we strive to compete for European places this year.

Around The Club

staff.png

Off the pitch, we are gradually strengthening our staff, and with Kolo Toure as my assistant for the long term, we are building a formidable backroom team.

As we enter the season with considerable spending behind us and more likely to come, the time has come to push for success and aim for European football!

Auf geht’s ins 1860 München!

SEASON 4 – WE’RE SOARING, FLYING….

Well well well…. Do we have the winning formula?

It seems as if our work over the past few years is starting to pay off and we’re building a team that really can compete in the Bundesliga! Here’s how we’ve been getting on in the first half of our fourth season at 1860 München!

1. BOARD MEMBERS.png

Firstly our chairman, Marlon Egerer, has been voted back in at the club, he’s done a solid job in keeping our finances at bay since he joined so I’m glad he’s still here for now. You always have in the back of your head you could get a new chairman/owner with some money coming your way but at the moment we certainly can’t complain!

RESULTS SO FAR…

2. results.png

We kicked off the season with 10 points from the first 15, including wins against some of the top teams so the building blocks seemed to be in place for a reasonably good season. One issue we started to come across was the lack of goal scoring power whilst and generally getting dominated each game possession wise. It was quite a frustrating watch so I decided it was time to switch back to our beloved 4-2-3-1 that got us to this level.

This lead to a couple of free transfer moves, first of all to build a bit of depth back in the squad, but also to help freshen up the side and have plenty of options from the bench. Sekou Mara and Kamaldeen Sulemana came in and hit the ground running, helping us kick on to this winning streak we’re currently on.

As you can see we’re currently on real hot streak with 9 unbeaten and this has really helped shoot us up the table…

3. table.png

And when I say shoot us up the table, I mean SHOOOOOOT us up! Look at us, little 1860 München sitting 2nd​ in the league 4 points off top!! Honestly this is better than any expectations I could have had, although this is setting me up for a massive let down for the rest of the year! (but we’ll deal with that when we get to it ha-ha)

I’d like to say that with the way we’re playing at the moment, we can surely expect to beat last years position and guarantee some sort of European football this year!

January Window: Quiet Edition

4. outgoings.png

For once it’s the outgoing transfers that have made the headlines for us. I would say 6 of the 9 outgoing players this January were first teamers that just wanted to get some more game time/ With the lack of time we could offer it only made sense to cash in on them before we lost their value towards the end of the season.

Handel leaving probably hurt the most, but with some of the younger players coming in and doing so well and Al-Wehda offering him crazy money I felt it was worth cashing in. Also losing backup Belman was a bit annoying, hopefully we’re okay and Baxter doesn’t pick up any injuries in the back end of the season.

Bringing in just over £5 Million and getting a good chunk off the wage budget is a pretty successful window in my eyes. This also meant we were able to bring in a couple more players to bolster the squad.

5. incomigns.png

As mentioned already we had both Sulemana and Mara join us earlier in the season, so they were already imbedded into the squad.

I also decided to try and go back in for Kurtulus so he’s now a great option to cover all across the back line now. He’s out of contract at the end of the year too so I’m going to try and secure him on a permanent deal when possible.

Finally, in our quietest window so far, I brought in Leonardo Buta on loan from Juventus. A young left back but has top level experience in Italy, so will do fine as cover for Miranda at Left back when called upon.

With these signings we have a solid 24 man squad for the rest of the year, hopefully helping keep up the form and push for that European campaign were craving!

6. salary.png

And finally another look back at our Salary Per Annum as we slowly creep up the list, now sitting in 14th​ place. The gap from the top 3 teams is still nearly £100 million per year, but I think with the way were developing and the caliber of player we are able to attract now I think we’re in a very good position.

Now I’m starting to make the most of the Christmas period and it’s time to smash out this season. (You know it’s a good save when you really cant shut the laptop each time you’re on it!)

Season 4 – I love this game…

Season 4 has been an absolute blast – echoing Patrice Evra's sentiment, "I LOVE THIS GAME!"

Results…

1. end year results.png

So after a successful start to the year we continued to fly high in the second half of the year. The emergence of Soonsup-Bell, who came back from his loan and hit the ground running, was exactly what we needed. Only losing 3 of the 14 league games meant we were a force to be reckoned with!

2. we beat bayern.png

A monumental victory against Bayern, 1-0, felt like a turning point, hopefully marking the start of a recurring triumph.

3. results.png

We are pleased to say that we clinched 3rd place, ensuring our spot in the Champions League for the upcoming year, a superb achievment! Despite Bayern's dominance, securing our position in the top 4 promises an electrifying season ahead. And the triumph doesn't stop there…

5. pokal winners!.png

YES, WE CLAIMED THE DFB-POKAL!

4. pokal winnnners.png

Finally the good runs in the cup actually came to something, and it also happened to be that luck was in our favour! Magdeburg are in the 2.Bundesliga and managed to make it to the final, so when you look back at the run we never really had a hard game!

We did push our luck a little in the final, but in extra time our new star JSB came up big and grabbed us the winner! A fantastic way to top off the season for sure!

The Squad…

6. final squad.png

Our squad truly stepped up in the latter half of the year, sharing the load among the players, which greatly benefited us as the season progressed. With everyone on board for next year (barring loan departures), our team stability remains intact, though we need to address our shortage of homegrown talent, both within the club and in Germany, to meet European quotas.

A few standout players defined this season. Kouame's 19 goals were instrumental, providing the reliability we lacked in our first top league season. Joao Veloso, a club legend and the standout player, continues to shine despite a persistent £52 million release clause in his contract. Tromp, our wonderkid ranking 2nd in the Next Gen list, has shown remarkable growth across the attacking front, making him a crucial asset if retained alongside Veloso.

7. kouame.png8. veloso.png9. tromp.png
10. wonderkid getting there.png

Next Season…

11. new budgets.png

Looking ahead to the next season, the board has generously increased our budgets, excluding new stadium costs we took on last year, giving us £11 million to play with and a healthy wage budget.

12. incomings already.png

I've kickstarted early market moves, bringing in Gomis as a backup goalie and Gomez for future potential. Blanco, scouted from Junior, is set for a first-team role, a bargain buy at £2.8 million.

Additionally, Julian Justvan's return bolsters our homegrown count, trained at 1860, a significant advantage for meeting quotas next season.

As the Christmas break approaches for me, it's time to keep pushing forward in this incredible journey! 🎄🎅

If a Top 6 spot at the end of the season would've been a massive achievement (what I expcted to happen truth to be told), this is definitely something else...
Top 3 (which is the club's biggest achievment since 1966), qualification for the next Champions League (something the club have never managed to achieve in the current format, having fallen in the playoffs against Leeds back during the 2000-1 CL campaign) and the third DFB-Pokal in the club's history (last time they won it was back in the 1963-4 season).

It's more than fair to say that for Die Löwen only the sky is the limit (incredibly fitting for a team clad in a sky blue kit XD), keep up the terrific work ^^

.P.S.: Juan Miranda is an absolute baller, glad to see him doing well in his second German spell.

Great end to the season getting champions league football along with winning the cup. Can only help attract more players and get an even better budget for next season

If a Top 6 spot at the end of the season would've been a massive achievement (what I expcted to happen truth to be told), this is definitely something else...
Top 3 (which is the club's biggest achievment since 1966), qualification for the next Champions League (something the club have never managed to achieve in the current format, having fallen in the playoffs against Leeds back during the 2000-1 CL campaign) and the third DFB-Pokal in the club's history (last time they won it was back in the 1963-4 season).

It's more than fair to say that for Die Löwen only the sky is the limit (incredibly fitting for a team clad in a sky blue kit XD), keep up the terrific work ^^

.P.S.: Juan Miranda is an absolute baller, glad to see him doing well in his second German spell.

Appreciate it mate, it was such a whirlwind of a season but so happy with the results in the end! Champions league is super tough and such a jump but its been a whole lot of fun!

The cup win was a nice icing on top of the cake too! And yes Miranda is a baller! He’s a penalty machine too!!

Big updates coming in the next few days!

Great end to the season getting champions league football along with winning the cup. Can only help attract more players and get an even better budget for next season

Thanks mate! Oh i can tell you it certainly has done! Now the save really can kick on!!

Season 5 – Let the European Adventures begin…

So after a wicked end to the season last year we are now heading off on a European adventure, back playing Champions League football and hopefully we can repeat some of the great work we did last year! We’ve had another busy summer, this time looking to finally grow our squad with some solid experience and allow us to be able to cope with the new challenge of mid-week football!

This impressive season does come with some issues though, as we’ve moved up the leagues very quickly the rest of the club is still behind. The new stadium still isn’t available till next season so we’re maxing out capacity each week, as well as struggling with bringing in the additional money the big teams have. Here’s the monumental difference in Commercial Income we have to fight…

1. commercial money.png

Hopefully in the near future with a new stadium we’ll be able to start bridging that gap and be able to compete financially with those around us in the league!

Transfer Season – HERE WE GO!

2. transfer outs.png

We finally started to make some money this year, bringing in £38 Million (something that would have been unthinkable just a few years ago). Most of that money comes from the sales of Tom Davies (£12M) and James McAtee (£15M). Solid amounts for free transfers last season, and also players who didn’t really get the game time to warrant the money they were on.

I also cashed in on some players who last year became squad players, and once I was able to get rid meant I was able to bring in some more higher quality and younger players. We said goodbye to Scales, Rodon, Rodriguez and Borkowski for this exact reason, although they all did play their part in the team on our rise to where we are today.

Finally the usual loan deals were made to ensure players were having good game time and we didn’t have lots of additional wages sitting in the reserves and eating away at our budgets.

Overall a solid window in terms of sales, We only get 10% of the money made on sales to put back into the squad. But to keep our star players whilst all being happy is a real bonus!

Newcomers…

3. transfer ins.png

Yes we have spent £43.5 Million, and im pretty sure every penny is worth it!

Our new star man Noni Madueke was available for just £15 million and we cant say no to that! He finishes off our front line nicely now and im sure will be a star player for years to come!

We also now have a new wonderkid Keeper in Bilel Nasri. With Schalke not getting promoted again we were able to sweep in and pick up their star 19 year old. And when I say wonderkid I really do mean it! Look at him…

4. nasri prof.png

We also were able to welcome back Mika Faye, this time on a permanent deal for £9 mill. A leading man for us a couple of years ago and will be starting at the back this year.

Anther addition was Artem Sokolov, who seems to be capable of playing anywhere in the front 4. He’s a really quality addition and hopefully complements Tromp, Veloso and Madueke nicely.

Blanco, Justvan and Gomez have already been mentioned as pre-arranged deals which I’m delighted with.

And then finally the free deals…

Calhanoglu, Willock and Goretzka are some much needed experience in midfield and hopefully will keep us ticking over nicely in European football. Willock also being able to play on the wing is a pretty positive addition aswell.

Goretzka has noticeably walked in and straight away become a team leader, so I felt it was only right to make him our captain. He’s still only 32 so will for sure have plenty more left in the tank if he can remain fit!

The New Look Squad…

5. new squad.png

So with all the new additions this is the lineup we’ll be going with at the start of the season. Just to note that Madueke is recently back from an injury so I’m not risking him in the starting XI straight away!

We’ve had quite a few changes overall but I think the squad is much stronger this year.

The trio of Blanco, Goretzka and Veloso could really prove pivotal this year, especially if we change formations around with our 4-3-3 and 3-4-2-1 formations available!

6. season preview.png

And I think the squad building really is proving a difference, as we’ve now jumped up the season preview and are expected to finish 5th, something I would definitely look to aim for this year.

Where are we going…?

So the much anticipated Champions League Draw is now upon us!

7. champions league draw.png

And it was not so kind to us! Playing the likes of Milan, PSG, Chelsea and Napoli is just rude. How ****** dare they! But at least we’ll just take each game in its stride and happily take the pay cheques that European football offers! At least it gives the fans something to enjoy on the away days to Milan and London…

8. finances.png

And finally after 4 seasons we’re starting to look in a really solid financial position! With £84 million in the bank, hopefully this year can mean we’re able to start spending a bit more money on our youth academy and training grounds.

Now let’s get that suitcase out the loft and head off to the airport, we’re going on an adventure!!

Season 5 – Mid-Season Recap

As we reach the midway point, the winter transfer window has concluded once again. Our season has kicked off strongly, and we're starting to find our rhythm at this competitive level. This season has been the busiest yet, especially with the added European games taking a toll on teams across the league and cups.

1. capacity killig us.png

Before delving into the results, it's noteworthy that we're consistently filling our stadium to capacity for every game. I can’t wait for the opening of our new stadium at the beginning of next year!

Results…

2. results league.png

Following a setback in the Super cup against Bayern, we managed to start the season on a positive note, dropping only 6 points in the first 10 games. While we've experienced some ups and downs, it's expected with the constant lineup changes to keep things fresh. Additionally, we're still in the DFB Pokal, offering a potential avenue for securing more silverware this season. Notably, we've already completed the league double against Bayern, showcasing the improvements we've made.

3. bundesliga table.png

Despite our success, we currently hold the 4th position, with only 10 points separating 1st to 7th. There's still much to play for in the remainder of the season!

European Adventures…

4. reuslts champ league.png

In our return to the Champions League, we've had an impressive run, including a 3-0 victory against Napoli and a dominant 7-0 win over Antwerp. Managing to navigate tough fixtures, we've only suffered 2 losses, securing the 7th spot overall and skipping the playoff rounds in our first year—an excellent achievement, even though our lack of experience might pose challenges in the knockout phases.

5. champ league table.png

Transfer Window…

6. trans out.png

During the winter transfer window, we faced some challenges with the sale of Pascal Klemens to Frankfurt, although the substantial profit was a positive outcome. We bid farewell to Neuhaus, whose decline made it clear he couldn't compete at the top level anymore. Calhanoglu also departed due to a lack of success, allowing us to trim the wage budget.

7. trans in.png

To address squad depth and minor injuries, we made loan moves for winger Mirco Sozzi and striker Moukoko. Both players will see significant playing time in the second half of the year without imposing a significant financial burden.

Additionally, we brought in Gechter from Dortmund and Cubarsi from Juventus to fill the gaps left by departing players, providing valuable depth while maintaining overall quality.

Surprisingly, we signed youth player Chris Bennett from Walsall, attracted by his £400K release clause and 4.5* potential. Although he needs time to develop, it's a worthwhile investment for the future.

8. salary moving up.png

With these moves, our salary position has risen on the table, though we're still behind the top 3 teams. The increased financial backing gives us a better chance to compete at this level for sure!

I'm already a good chunk of the way through the rest of the season, so expect another update soon!

Wrapping up Season 5 at 1860 Munchen – A Remarkable Year!

As we bid farewell to Season 5 at 1860 München, I must say it's been our best one yet!

The club is evolving, and the anticipation for the new stadium adds an extra layer of excitement.

1. league results.png

Our performance in the latter half of the year was outstanding, particularly as we settled into our new 4-3-3 formation. With five players on attacking duties, goals flowed naturally. Surprisingly, our defense also held strong, securing six clean sheets.

Blanco's presence in front of the back line likely played a crucial role in our improved defensive record. Soonsup-Bell, Tromp, and Veloso maintained consistent contributions, while Moukoko and Sozzi stepped up when needed most.

This stellar form propelled us to our highest finish since 1967...

2. league table final.png

This season was a close call, with our momentum carrying us through until the last game—an achievement in itself being so competitive at this stage. Despite falling short in the title race, we clinched another spot in the Champions League, ensuring Champions League football once again.

Cup Journeys, both Short and Long!

3. champ league results.png

Our European aspirations were dashed post-Christmas as Arsenal proved too good for us. Their superiority in both games was evident, and considering their journey to the final, it's hard to fault them. Nonetheless, our focus shifted, and we found triumph in the DFB Pokal, securing another win by defeating Stuttgart 2-0 in the final, even if they were two penalties.

4. pokal results.png

Championies, championies, ole ole ole!

5. pokal winners.png

Feel free to print this and stick it on your bedroom wall ^

Our Squad…

6. final squad now.png

As the year concludes, our squad remains very stable, with consistent starters, especially after our European exit. Though some players express discontent, negotiations with the likes of Chiarodia, Baxter, Kospo, and Doyle are underway and id imagine they’ll be out the door if their new values are met in the summer.

The team's core—Nasri, Faye, Blanco, Veloso, Tromp, and Soonsup-Bell—is both crucial and youthful, forming an excellent foundation and one that I will be trying to build around as much as I can.

If we can move on some of the older players, invest in promising youth, and bridge the gap to the top teams, there's a strong chance we can contend for the top spot next season.

7. soonsup-bell.png8. trompy.png9. velosoo.png

Next Season…

10. budgets.png

The board has generously provided a £62 million budget for the upcoming season. While they envisioned spending the entire budget, I prefer not to rush into moves just for the sake of hitting a vision goal.

11. Calvert Lewin Coming.png

We've also secured a deal with Dominic Calvert-Lewin, a 31-year-old with valuable experience, ensuring our squad remains robust during busy periods and the sort of player who should hopefully help elevate us as a whole squad.

The excitement for me is still building, and I can hardly tear myself away from the laptop.

Stay tuned for another update in the next few days! Auf geht’s ins 1860 München!

Ooof... So close yet so far, I somehow feel that this was meant to be our year (specially with Bayern loosing his footing this season) but alas it wasn't truly meant to be in the end.
However a 2nd position in the league table AND finishing above our bloated local rivals is something to be incredibly proud of, not to mention that we managed to complete our DFB Pokal defense at the same time ^^

As for Europe... Well, this season was meant to act as a learning experience and a reward to enjoy last season's domestic success (aka enjoying European football) but despite the early knockout the team actually did perform well (better than expected even).

There's still room for improvement but it's been a remarkable season indeed, the team just might need an extra push in the right direction.
Keep up with the terrific work as always. ^^

bro i want a long term save can you recommed me to get into one
I'd go with a German team in the lowest possible division - the league rules make it so much fun as you can sign so many players that you usually wouldnt if you played in a UK based league. Also i enjoy the portuguese leagues too, so maybe pick a nice holiday type destination that can get you in the mood! Finally and usually a good one to make you commit, find a team near a place you go on holiday / live, make it more personal!

WE’RE BACK!!

Apologies for the delay, some life stuff happened with a new baby arriving!
But it now looks like we’ll be back with the next update very very soon as i'm smashing through the new season!

Season 6 – We’re back baby!!

The past month has been a pretty good one, My partner and I have just welcomed a new addition to the family which has kept us super busy and plenty of sleepless night! Oh and I’ve managed to recover the save file that at one point I thought may have been corrupt, so we are good to go and continue this journey to glory with 1860 Munich!!

So let’s kick it all off now…

We come into season 6 with even more good news, as the 1860 München Stadium has opened its doors, helping massively with the growth of the club and now gives us the room to be able to continue to grow the stadium more and more in the future. I’m sure we’ll be in the 36,000 capacity in no time!

1. new stadium open.png

2. new stadium look.png

Transfer Season

In terms of movements in and out we’ve had a lot this summer as we get to grips at being one of the better clubs in the league. And with the generous budget offered by the board we had a lot of room to work with in terms of developing this team…

3. transfers out.png

11 outgoings meant there was plenty of change again, and this time we weren’t even looking too hard to move people on. The likes of Sulemana and Mara move off the back of loan deals previously and most of the other small fees we received were offers I thought we should accept just to cash in on players who wouldn’t get much playing time.

The more bigger names left after agreeing pretty reasonable fees for their caliber of player. Kouame wasn’t really working too well of the bench so we cashed in for a solid £8M. We finally made the most of the Saudi money that seems to float around and moved on an aging Goretzka for a whopping £16 million too.

After some great years with us we also saw Baxter leave the club for £17 million. He was now a solid understudy and to keep him at the club was a waste with his value being so high too. Now hes a premier league starter for Fulham.

And finally our biggest deal was losing Chiarodia to West Brom for £35 million, rising fees too up to £43 million. He was a rock at the back for us last year but again with a team still looking to grow and develop I think we need to accept these type of moves and re-invest in younger quality when possible. We may be playing champions league football but we still need to pick up the loose change wherever we can!

4. transfers in.png

So with the copious goodbyes taken place, we welcome in a whole new crop of players this season!

As you can see we spent a whopping £103 million this summer, although bringing back in £95 million isn’t a bad window!

You already know about Calvert-Lewin joining the club, but we also looked to bolster the attack with yet another potential wonderkid in Alisson. He comes in with bags of potential and hopefully will demand a huge fee either way if things don’t work out.

We also continued to make the most of the free market and brought in Etienne Green to replace Baxter, a like for like replacement and someone who wont expect much game time either.

In terms of splashing the cash we did go on a bit of a spending spree, most notably for Levi Colwill at a whopping £51 million. He is by far the best defender we have at the club and I can see him being a leaders for years to come. Matching him in the back with Faye is an ideal partnership for our new look back line.

Playing on either side of Colwill is Ismaili from Schalke, a young right back who has plenty of potential and is homegrown too. And then on the other side is Josh Doig, a bargain at £4.4 million and again someone who will only grow positively for us this season.

We also triggered release clauses for Osan who came up on the scout report as 5* potential so always worth a try and then our final big signing which was Verbist. At £26.5 million he’s a dream Mezzala for us and hopefully can help bolster the middle alongside Veloso and Blanco. All 3 are very young but have so much potential to be dangerous too!

Finally at the end of the window we brought in Weston McKennie on a cheap loan, both to fill out the squad and help hit the homegrown quota for the champions league squad.

5. swquuuaad.png

So with all that being said here’s how the squad looks for the start of season 6!

We’ve got the ability all over the pitch to swap players and rotate when needed, we’re definitely in a much better place this season.

6. salary now.png

And still with all these new signings and upgrades we are still sitting towards the middle/top of the pack in salary per annum. Of course this will always rise but to be where we are and still spending 25% of the budget Bayern are is an achievement in itself!

Looking on this season…

7. seeason preview.png

After the successes of last year we are now predicted to finish 3rd​. We’re growing each year and taking steps to becoming a real challenger in this league, is this season going to finally be the one we can break the lock of Bayern at the top…

8. champ league fixtures.png

The Champions League draw hasn’t been too harsh on us this year either, with Inter, Napoli, Benfica and Newcastle being our hardest opponents. We’ll look to progress again and see if we can build on our first campaign last season!

9. SUPERCUP WINNERS.png

And before we go, why not finish on another high note! We ran out successful winners in the German Super Cup beating Dortmund 3-2, a wicked way to kick off the season!

Now I’m getting stuck straight in to this year with our team packed full of wonderkids. Let’s see if we can really build on this momentum and make it to the top!

WE’RE BACK!!

Apologies for the delay, some life stuff happened with a new baby arriving!
But it now looks like we’ll be back with the next update very very soon as i'm smashing through the new season!

Congratulations on your new arrival buddy!

Season 6 – Mid-Season Update
0.1 new contract.png

We’re flying through the season getting back into the swing of things fully now! It’s all going well and this is shown by the board jumping at the chance and offering us a new 4 year deal too! Solid work and another building block towards the powerhouse we want to create!

It’s a results business…

1. results.png

Well…. We have built a monster, and I couldn’t be happier!! The team is firing on all cylinders and we have literally been unstoppable to start the year off. We have green dots all over the place and we are flying up the league. A highlight of course is the 4-0 dominance of Bayern, and the goalscoring has been non-stop. This 4-3-3 allows us to send 5 forward each time and has allowed the likes of Veloso and Verbist in the middle to push on and cause havoc, as they have been doing!

We’re also creating a huge wall at the back which is solid and this is really allowing us to dominate each game. Hopefully this can all continue to work well as we hit 2030!

2. champions league resilts.png

And the good work has continued in both the DFB Pokal and also in the Champions League. We’ve had a little slip up along the way but we can take this all in our stride as we qualify for the next round pretty comfortably. The new format is still taking a little getting used to, but we continue to push on with the good form and hope it pays off well through the season.

3. tables for both leagues.png

So as you can see we top the Bundesliga season, still unbeaten at the moment! Bayern are having an off season for their level so we really do need to capitalize of this if we want to start eating into their title tally! We also finished 4th​ in the champions league groups so skip the playoffs and straight into the qualifying rounds! Woooo!

A Few Changes…

4. trasfers out.png

Well this January ended being a bit of a wild one! With some unhappy players kicking up a fuss we ended up shipping out more players than planned but I think overall we’ve been left with a pretty strong squad still…

Doyle, Sokolov and Green all wanted new contracts and a load more game time so I decided to transfer list them. I was not expecting to bring in £43 millions for the 3 of them, but wow we will take that for sure! Typically we also had the issue of Ramsay refusing to sign a new deal so we had to cash in on him while we could. Getting £23 millions is a solid amount and has been reinvested straight away in a replacement.

Finally we saw youth product Alberto leave for £15 million. It’s a shame but also when an offer of that value comes in I think its worth taking it for now. There’s plenty more wonderkids in the sea for us….

5. transfers in.png

So after taking in £81 million in sales we splashed the cash again and brought in £53 million worth of talent! Here’s who we’ve brought in:
  • Urbig comes in to backup Nasri, with Hiller now really kicking on in age its time for a change.
  • Boiko is yet another wonderkid joining the ranks, a solid addition on the wings and will be fighting with Madueke for a starting role in the second half of the year.
  • We are delighted to welcome back Leandro Morgalla, an 1860 boy is back at the club and actually has the ability to play a big role in our fight for the title. He can play anywhere in the back line and will backup all when we need him, whilst getting some starting minutes after the Ramsey departure.
  • Saral and Malul also have the potential to be stars but are still very weak so will need some time in the youth team first.
  • We then also made the most of the loan market, Bringing in Laimer to backup Blanco at DM and also Emile Smith-Rowe, a deadline day deal to bolster the middle and wings. Especially as Verbist has picked up a long term injury so we really will need his help in the coming months.
6. Bokio.png6. morgalla is home.png

7. transfer debt atm.png

With all of these deals in place we are still due another £35 million in future fees so we’re in a very healthy place in the transfer market, something I didn’t think id be able to say this far into the save too!

8. wage expenditure.png

And again even with the new deals in place we are still being massively gazumped by the likes of Bayern and Dortmund for wages, but we are creeping up there more and more each window!

Now let’s get stuck in even more and see if we can make this season the first successes in the top flight!