Old Firm in English Championship/PL

rbg

Aspiring Sunday Leaguer
Reaction score
Hi I am thinking of making a custom DB where Rangers and Celtic have left the SPL and been admitted to the Championship.

Would anyone be interested in testing this out and helping me improve it?

I would be happy to test it for you mate,when are you gonna do it?

I'm doing it now, I'm assuming it will be as easy as moving the clubs into different leagues and then promoting/relegating some clubs to fill the gaps.

Will hopefully have a 1st beta version up in a couple of hours.

I was wondering does anyone know how I can edit the rules so that the SPL only has 10 teams in it?

I was wondering does anyone know how I can edit the rules so that the SPL only has 10 teams in it?

If you're struggling just promote two teams from first division to SPL, two teams from second to first division, two teams from third division to second division, and then promote two teams that are in non-league to the the third division. :)

If you're struggling just promote two teams from first division to SPL, two teams from second to first division, two teams from third division to second division, and then promote two teams that are in non-league to the the third division. :)

Thats what I was doing but it won't allow it as the non league teams still have a (non playable) league which is now out, Grr

Going to create two custom teams in SPL and remove two championship teams just for 1st try. Can always improve next week after getting feedback.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

1st beta version complete.

Rangers and Celtic moved to Coca-Cola Championship. A new club FC Glasgow has been formed by former Rangers and Celtic supporters unhappy with the Old Firms moved to England and want to create a united, non-sectarian club for the city. FC Glasgow plays in the Scottish 1st Division.

A further group of Celtic supporters have formed St Mary’s which plays in the Scottish 3rd Division.

Peterborough and Scunthorpe have been removed from the Championship and are now non-playable however in my next update I will regig the English leagues so that no current league teams are lost.

Last minute testing before I upload.

Right, here it is. Going to try it out myself. http://www.filedropper.com/oldfirminenglandbeta

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Please enjoy this database, I am going to update it at the weekend based on feedback. I would appreciate all feedback good and bad, although hopefully constructive :)

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

First thoughts are that Rangers and Celtic playing in the Champions League squews things, will perhaps remove this in the next update?

why not just put scunny and the other team in the SPL and see how they do

just going to download now (6)

Enjoy :) Rangers and Celtic are predicted to finish 1st/2nd respectively. I suspect there would be some Championship managers/fans unhappy with that ;)

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:03 AM ----------

Bumping up as hoping for someone feedback before starting on my update.

Quite keen to see if Rangers and Celtic should be removed from Champions League since they are playing in the Championship. Also considering increasing Rangers debit but giving them more cash for transfers on the basis that they are taking out short term borrowing to finance their entry into the EPL.

I actually have made something similar although Rangers and Celtic in this one are in the Premiere League