old football games transfer policies need to come back

nezza6969

Reaction score
hey guys i created this thread to have discussions whether SI need to work on improving FM 2014 with the old classic games transfer policies such as LMA Manager.

LMA Manager for me has got to be the best Management game concerning transfers when selling and being offered mostly being offered silly money for my top players which in the FM era has failed.

i remember the time when i always played this game on my old PS2 and Xbox i always bought Diego for my beloved Newcastle team i think at the time i paid about 17 million for him 2 seasons later his valuation would be 35 million i would get offered about 70 million for him but no more than that because they had a restriction on going over double his valuation.

in all this time iv'e been on FM 2013 only once i got offered silly money for one of my player and that was Cabaye 30 million offered from PSG first season, at the time he was valued at 12.5 million which isn't to bad, but other teams around me seem to get massive amounts of millions compare to me for players who rarely play first team.

i think also that SI need to take a look at how popular LMA became in it's time, building your own Stadium was a major factor in this game series which got ppl's attention, creating yourself as a manager was also popular especially during press conference and player signing which i missed the most even during player signing and press talk you would hear the likes of Gary Liniker and Alan Hansen talking about you and other things.

also and most popular was to start off as new team which you could name and name your stadium and also create your own football badge design and colours which has been missed in many football games.

so guys what do you's think?

FM has tried to be as real as possible those games u said about aren't , yes in this day and age on the rare time you would get a silly money bid for a player but not so much . i doesn't happen ever transfer window and shouldn't , so FM will try to keep to that.
if you had a silly money bid every transfer window for one of your players every club you choose would have no money troubles not very true to life. Just my opinion anyway.

I do like the idea of building your own stadium , changing names etc but i think thats a different game altogether which adding that you would lose other aspects of the game.
adding voices in press talk etc would be good to but as above you would lose other aspects of the game to fit it in and how powerful your pc / laptop would need to be .

Last edited:
i understand that FM is making every thing as real as possible but even in real life silly money has spread about for say the likes of Ronaldo, Cesc Fab and other players which doesn't seem to happen for your team but other teams always seem to get massive offers iv'e even seen lower teams getting massive offers which IRL doesn't really happen unless he's a wonderkid

What I find stupid is that when I put bids in for regens valued at 200k their club comes back asking for 20 million! Insane!

What I find stupid is that when I put bids in for regens valued at 200k their club comes back asking for 20 million! Insane!

that's what i'm talking about insane transfers even for young players, once i had my eye on a young goalkeeper very good attributes, 14 years old and his valuation was 40k, i offered 1 million for him but they countered the offer and asked for 29 million for him, i could of bought Marc Ster for that much/

also what i have realize that on FM you can get your strikers to score 40+ goals a season and still no offer but IRL if this happened you can almost be certain that a rich top team would be knocking at your door to sign him for what ever amounts of millions

What I find just as annoying/hilarious as things were the computer wants 10x the players worth or more is the insane incoming transfers the computer does, I've just seen some team but 4 **** goalkeepers, sell two defenders, trade another defender for a midfielder and not replace any of them. What the ****? haha

Well, I have to agree with above. Been playing with Benfica 2 and a half seasons. Won domestic treble twice, gone to the semis of UCL twice, scored around 100 goals in the league etc, and I haven't got one offer for my players. I sold some players for decent money (Cardozo for 15m€, Garay 19€ etc), but only after I have offered them for their value price. And also some players (enzo PErez, Nolito etc) I could not sell for even 500K. That is really not realistic.

I understand wat you guys mean I guess they's things we be improved to next game hopefully . No game is perfect that's why we get new game's to improve each one

hey guys i created this thread to have discussions whether SI need to work on improving FM 2014 with the old classic games transfer policies such as LMA Manager.

LMA Manager for me has got to be the best Management game concerning transfers when selling and being offered mostly being offered silly money for my top players which in the FM era has failed.

i remember the time when i always played this game on my old PS2 and Xbox i always bought Diego for my beloved Newcastle team i think at the time i paid about 17 million for him 2 seasons later his valuation would be 35 million i would get offered about 70 million for him but no more than that because they had a restriction on going over double his valuation.

in all this time iv'e been on FM 2013 only once i got offered silly money for one of my player and that was Cabaye 30 million offered from PSG first season, at the time he was valued at 12.5 million which isn't to bad, but other teams around me seem to get massive amounts of millions compare to me for players who rarely play first team.

i think also that SI need to take a look at how popular LMA became in it's time, building your own Stadium was a major factor in this game series which got ppl's attention, creating yourself as a manager was also popular especially during press conference and player signing which i missed the most even during player signing and press talk you would hear the likes of Gary Liniker and Alan Hansen talking about you and other things.

also and most popular was to start off as new team which you could name and name your stadium and also create your own football badge design and colours which has been missed in many football games.

so guys what do you's think?

One could argue that some people seem to think its actually a problem that teams do put in bids that are too high :D

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion/119520-ridiculous-cpu-transfer-fees.html

I am not saying that its too many or too few, it just found it funny to see these both threads posted.