McBainy

Reaction score
I have always liked to sign older players or former stars on frees and get the best out of them at a lowers wage and add experience to my squad but in recent FMs older players are really bad there stats after 33 drop like they have a terminal illness. In modern football players don't decline to Sunday league footballers at 35 when 5 years ago they played for Barcelona in the champions league there's There's hundreds of examples of orders players moving to a new club and doing great for a few years yes at a lower league but still doing a great job. But I always find players older than 33 are a massive waste of money and time in FM16 as the stats sky dive for the 12months you have them and they can't play 90min they're 35 not 95! And that's only if they make it to 35 in FM16 players decide to retire way to early. is this just me or do older player deserve to have a little bit less of a stats desamation post any any sucsess you have had with older players that's are out of they're prime but still delivered for your club

Last edited:
I agree with you,in my save i had one DR,very decent player,he was a beast in three seasons for me,and then he turned 33 and his phisycal stats dropped dramaticly,pace and acceleration dropped from 15 to 11 in just one season,and he become useless.
Also at the begining of the game there are a more than a 60 players over 34 with 14+ pace,and after 3 seasons there is only 1 player with 13 pace :(
i suppose there will not be players like Zanetti or similar who played at top level until 39.

That's what am on about a 18 year old with wonderkid potential could be the new Maldini but he will never be if his stats crash at 33 and he retire at 34 lol

In Football Manager 2015 old players decline wasn't perfect,but it was good enough,but in FM 16 it's very bad.
It is a shame that not many people care about older players. :(