Oldest Player Fielded

Michzm

Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone could beat mine, I just fielded a player that was 53 years old.

he is my Assistant Manager who even at 53 refuses to take a purely coaching contract <)

Oldest player I've seen reported on the SI forums was a keeper in his sixties in the Italian league (think it was an AI team though). Super stuff Michzm :D

The oldest I've seen is like 45 or something.

53, that's amazing.

Reverting to the original post, and the 53 year-old Steve Thompson, I thought you might like to read his entry on Wikipedia's website:

Steve Thompson <Click Here>

The last few paragraphs of the first section, and the following chapter entitled 'Return to the First Team' suggest that our first post here might prove not to be far from the truth in 2016!!!

MT

Stefano Tacconi - Goalkeeper, starts off at some club in Italy, I bought him on a free for Arsenal to break the oldest player record.
Played him once a year and made sure he didn't retire.

Last edited:
No,I win (sorta)
On football manager 2007 i fielded a player who was 56,
He played for a Blue Square North team,
He was a goalkeeper
I was Sheffield Wednesday at the time.
I clicked on him and clicked "personal" and it said under general happiness:starting to give up hopes of becoming a player for a big team.
His first match for me was a FA Cup match against Charlton(were in prem at the time)
He kept a clean sheet for 90 minutes of normal time and 30 mins of extra time.
In the following penalty shootout it finished like this
Charlton X O O O -
Sheff Wed X X O X -
O = Missed
X = Scored
All of their missed penalties were saved!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Stefano Tacconi - Goalkeeper, starts off at some club in Italy, I bought him on a free for Arsenal to break the oldest player record.
Played him once a year and made sure he didn't retire.
hes 52 first season this guy won aswell

yeah watch maldini or someone when they go to coaching play some games lol:)

ya.. but its kinda unrealistic tho cuz he'll probably be walkin instead of runnin.:p

I feel Hobbling or dragging himself along would be a better term :D