Oldest Reliable First Team Player?

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddick87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 4K
I would say David Villa at 39 before he retired...still at tha age he banged in about 15 goals all season and now he is a coach(H)

Louis Carey Age 38 Bristol City and is well on his way to his first premier league title at his boyhood club Bristol city in 2015-2016 and is still averaging 7.12 Quality! :D

Alessandro del Piero and Francesco Totti just keep going and going, as long as you play them right. A-dP can finish like billy-o in the left hand striker spot alongside Amauri, and when Totti loses more pace, simply withdraw him to Trequartista AMC. I have never had a more consistent long-shot taker. LAD!

As the title suggests, who is the oldest first team starter you have had in your team?

Mine, so far, is Jamie Carragher at 33, turning 34, and still as great as ever. My last line of defence, with a nice average rating over the season of 7.12!

Also, with older players fitness reducing, would you slow your tempo to fit them in?
Well i still have Davie Weir playing for my Rangers save and hes 41

Sol Campbell in my second season as Derby in the EPL. At 35 he's still a rock at the back, a great tutor and his fitness is holding up.

mines david villa, 34 now but still lethal as ever :)

Yer never seems to lose that much pace does he...

Mines Flipo Inzagi, I signed him on the 80 million FM Base database and he played consistently for 3 years

Deco, 37. Scored a wonderful 40 yard goal against Inter in the Champions League in extra time. It was his last ever game and his goal gave my Panathinaikos team their first ever CL win.

Also Jon Arne Riise was immense until he decided to retire at the age of 34. Diego Renan and Dodo didn't even get near the first team when he was still playing.

Gareth Barry was a big part of my city team, 34 and still a 1st team regular. Carra and Gerrard mid 30's still a big part of my Liverpool team.

Also Stephane Noro 33 still going strong

David wier, got him to 44

in his final game got a rating of 8.5

Legend

Back