Oldham Athletic Lancaster Blue Devils- A WorkForTheGame Story

Reaction score
View attachment 92273
Paul Dickov Sacked As Oldham Manager!

As he walked out the door of his narrow 3 story house he noticed something it was absolutely boiling as it turned out. Lucky thing he was wearing shorts and a summer shirt. He left the neighborhood and began strolling through Oldham and headed for the amateur football club, "Sutton Utd FC." Entering through the double doors of the main building on the training ground, which was basically the recreation field, a changing room, and a small shabby office, he looked around for his set of keys. When he found them he opened the cupboard where the equipment was kept, grabbed in one arm the bag of footballs and in the other arm the poles and cones, he then carried them out onto the rec ground blissfully unaware of what was going on at Oldham.

So here was Tom Hammonds dynasty, Sutton Utd FC, an amateur football club with barely any money which only focus on youth development. After a couple of minutes a few of the young lads turned up, the captain and his mates all turned up earlier than the rest. They were completely committed to the club. Of course he admired this, having played for Everton, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and more importantly England, he recognized that you only get out of football what you put in. This was the basis of his teaching skills.

After he had taught his group of lads how to play his brand of "football." he packed away, locked up and said goodbye to his beloved Sutton Utd FC, hands in pockets he began walking. Just then however two men in suits approached him. "Hello we're from Oldham Athletic Football Club, we're sure you're aware of what's been going on at the football club. We're just here to inform you that we will be watching you very closely Mr Hammond, and that you are one of our main managerial candidates." He looked shocked, he had no idea about anything that had been going on at Oldham and then to be linked with the managerial position at the club. Well quite a shock.

A few hardworking training sessions and many sleepless nights later.....

Former Spurs and England Midfielder Tom Hammond Declared As Oldham Manager!

Shock news today as former Spurs and England midfielder Tom Hammond is declared as the new Oldham Athletic manager. Tom Hammond is still quite young and very inexperienced as a manager. This is taken as a complete gamble by the Oldham board who are 100% behind their new manager.

" Of course we have complete faith in Tom Hammond and whoever he decides to bring in. We are looking to reach the play offs this season if we do we will rate it as a successful season and try and push on that. Hammonds aim for this club is the premier league. He admits it won't be easy and it will take time but that is his aim. And he is a very determined man! "

I'll follow this! but its Lancashire not Lancaster ;)

My First Day With The Lads.

I nervously walked onto the training pitch with the lads, palms sweaty, heads a mess and completely tired. Not the best way to start life at a professional football club. As it goes the day was pretty ordinary, the lads having a bit of playful banter with the new coach on his first day, while the coaching staff being supportive and just doing their jobs.

Later into the training session Sean Gregan(Club Captain.) came up to see me, alongside Chris Taylor just to wish me the best of luck, by the beaming grin on Chris Taylors face I could see they were planning something, what I wasn't expecting was for Rueben Hazell to run through the door to my office and pour an ice cold bucket of water over my head. Although angry at the time, I now believe this was just the lads showing the usual banter. Even if I did fine them all 2 weeks wages......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers In!

3650742.jpg

Lauri Dalla Valle. (Season Long Loan.)
From Liverpool.
Corry-Evans-Manchester-United-Pre-Season_2357028.jpg

Corry Evans. (Season Long Loan.)
From Man Utd.

Didn't Have to pay any wages for these two. So no need to get rid of anyone! Especially since everyone in thee squad is almost the exact same.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pre Season Results.

Oldham 4 - 0 Oldham Reserves.
Goalscorers : Chris Taylor, Reuben Hazell, Pawell Abbott (2.)

Oldham 3 - 0 Stalybridge
Pawell Abbott (2), Chris Taylor.

Oldham 1 - 0 GH Academy
Pawell Abbott.

Oldham 0 - 3 Hull
No scorers.

Oldham 1 - 5 Burnley
Sean Gregan

Oldham 1 - 4 Birmingham
Keiran Lee.

Oldham 0 - 4 Man City

Oldham 1 - 2 Rochdale.
Reuben Hazell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre Season Thoughts.

All in all quite an average pre season, heavy defeats were expected but the loss to Rochdale wasn't. Need to work on our defence, because we have the ability to score goals just not defend leads.

can I have this thread closed please, i've had to reboot my computer completely which means all my saves have gone. Only just remembered I had this here though.