Ole, Ole Ole Ole

• Thread starter Thread starter AldoKemp-1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 9K

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Ok, I decided to start a story and had messaged some story writers regarding story idea's, I started a couple of saves and lost interest due to 1. being too easy, 2. Game error after great start. So I have now went with a new idea and have yet to begin the save, So I will be playing it and updating every couple of games. I hope you enjoy my idea & story. Please be patient with updates as it is an International save at the moment, Feedback and comments will be appreciated.

"Ole Ole Ole"

Solskjaer_zps2b64edb2.jpg

Molde confirm Solskjaer to leave

norwaylogo_zpsa93b46dd.jpg
norwayFA_zps5b1632a8.jpg

Ole Gunner Solskjaer has today been offered the role as Norway national manager, Solskjaer has been in charge of Molde taken over them in January 2011. During his time at his old club Solskjaer made an impressive start to his managerial career by leading Molde to the 'Tippeligaen' title in his first season in charge of the club.

In his 2nd season in charge after turning down a move to Premiership side Aston Villa as he didn't want to upset his family who had settled into Norway once again, Molde then went on to win their 2nd league title in a row leaving the manager hot property for any club after proving he is a talented upcoming manager.

Molde chairman Øystein Neerland has admitted its a huge blow to lose Solskjaer and they will miss him however it will be good for Norwegian football and the national team are lucky to have obtained their man finally after failing to get him in 2010 after he declined the position as he wasn't yet ready to become manager, Now he has a couple of years managing in the Norwegian top division he obviously feels ready to step up to the mark.

------------------------------------------------------------

Expectations

The expectation of the Norwegian FA is that Norway are competitive throughout their qualifying group, Ole Gunner Solskjaer has said he expects more from his nation and that his expectation is that they qualify to play in Brazil.

Key Players:

Brede Hangeland

Hangelandfm_zpsf86e0e4b.jpg

Hangeland is a tall centre back who has alot of experience having been capped 75 times for his country, Hangeland has played in the English premiership for 6 years at Fulham and before that spent 3 years playing for FC Kobenhavn in Denmark, Hangeland will be ideal to partner a younger centre back to replace him when he retires.

Mohammed Abdellaoue

abdellaouefm_zpsa4070253.jpg

Abdellaoue plays for german side Hannover and possess's alot of pace and agility in his game, He has shown over the years he is a calm finisher and has 5 goals for his country in 20 caps, Hopefully more will come from the striker.

John Arne Riise

Riisefm_zps2aab4259.jpg

The most experienced player out the 3 in terms of Caps at 103 and also in top competitions having played for Liverpool for 7 years and featuring in the champions league several times, Riise plays alongside Hangeland at Fulham and is approaching the end of his career but will want to play in a final world cup before he retires.

One's to Watch:

Markus Henriksen

Henriksenfm_zps57db770a.jpg

Henriksen plays Centre midfield and is currently at Dutch side AZ Alkmaar, The 19 year old has a promising future ahead if he progress's in the right way and could be a vital player in the future for Norway.

Magnus Wolff Eikrem

EikremFm_zps692e8b95.jpg

Eikrem like Solskjaer played for Molde & Manchester United, Starting off his career at Molde he was quickly snapped up by Sir Alex Ferguson before returning to Molde under Solskjaer, At just 21 he has had an interesting career so far and will look to better that, He has already expressed his delight at Solskjaer getting the Norway job.

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen

Jenssenfm_zpse316e34f.jpg

Jenssen plays for Norwegian side Tromso and is highly sought after by as many as 16 clubs including West Ham, Stuttgaart, Bordeaux & Feyenoord, The 23 year old Centre midfielder has plenty of options and will be a big asset to Solskjaer in this campaign.

Solskjaer attends Press conference

pressconferenceole_zpscdf5abd6.jpg

Reporter: "There is a lot of pressure on national managers to hit the ground running and produce results from the off. Are you confident that you will be able to get a good start as manager of Norway ?"

Solskjaer: "Yes, We are working towards a positive start."

--

Reporter: "Will you be able to cope with the pressures of managing at International level ?"

Solskjaer: "I certainly do, I wouldn't have taken to job unless I had the confidence to handle the pressure."

--

Reporter: "Mohammed Abdellaoue is regarded to be key to any success the Norwegian side may have, With that in mind are you looking to build a team around getting the best out of him ?"

Solskjaer: "Of course Mohammed is going to be a key player of mine, However 1. If he doesn't perform he will be treated the same as the rest of my players and 2. I don't want out squad having to rely on one player performing and our chances of success are much greater if we have a 1st team full of capable game changing players."

--

Reporter: "Will Brede Hangeland remain as captain under your reign ?"

Solskjaer: "Yes Brede will remain in charge for the mean time, He is widely respected by all the players and has alot of experience, I will maybe look to have a younger vice captain to work under Brede and learn the role."

--

Reporter: "You turned down this job a couple of years ago due to not being ready, How excited and prepared are you now ?"

Solskjaer: "It is a dream come true to be offered the job again, I do believe I made the right choice in biding my time to take this job but I couldn't turn down my country twice. I feel ready to take the team and be a success now but I would like to thank Sir Alex Ferguson and also the whole of Molde for giving me my chance and I hopefully will return one day to manage Manchester United & Molde again, Thank you."

Fixtures & Group

7.9.12 - Iceland (A)
11.9.12 - Slovenia (H)
12.10.12 - Cyprus (H)
16.10.12 - Albania (A)

Group5WCQ_zps96fac636.jpg

Good start. I will follow this! :-) espescially fun for me because I am from Norway.

Brilliant choice!

Be sure to give game time to youngsters such as Okore and Strandberg who are gods ...

Good start. I will follow this! :-) espescially fun for me because I am from Norway.

Thanks, Hope you enjoy it and I do your country proud.

Brilliant choice!

Be sure to give game time to youngsters such as Okore and Strandberg who are gods ...

I thought so too something different and a new challenge for me.

Is Okore not Danish??

I believe he is, I was wondering to myself how could I forget he was in my team until I read your comment lol.

Thanks for all the comments guys hopefully I can get this running soon and have a long & successful spell.

Finally a story that demands your attention... I'll be following mate

Finally a story that demands your attention... I'll be following mate

Glad it's getting attention, Hopefully people don't lose interest because it's international and will take a while to update, But i'm also hoping that leads to better updates.

"Ole Ole Ole"

Solskjaer Reveals new kits for World Cup

norwayhomeandaway_zps68363ffe.png

'I'm not that great a kit maker but I had these myself and quite liked them so thought i'd add it into the story.'

---------------------------------------------------------

Molde find Solskjaer replacement

solliedexrosenborg_zps6d3ec785.jpg

Sollied when he was Rosenborg manager

Molde have today replace Ole Gunner Solskjaer with 52 year old Norwegian manager Trond Sollied, Sollied last managed in Norway when he was in charge one Molde's rivals Rosenborg in 1998 and is now hoping to return to his native land and continue Molde's success under Solskjaer.

Ole Gunner: "Sollied is a good choice as manager and I think he will take the club far, Hopefully he can win many trophys at the club and produce some wonderful stars for me to play in my national squad."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Solskjaer arranges friendlys

belgiumbadge_zps3f9e8c08.jpg
italybadge_zps0f140a02.jpg

After weeks of discussions between Solskjaer, The Norwegian FA and club chairman Norway have finally agreed two friendly matches allowing Solskjaer to get used to his players and new tactics.

A board meeting took place where 15 Chairman appeared and voted in favour with a 13-2 vote for the friendlys to go ahead, Solskjaer proposed matches against Brazil & Belgium, The Norwegian FA ruled out a game in Brazil deeming it too far to travel and a back up plan was agreed with a trip to Italy.

Solskjaer said the friendlies were a must for the game if he was to get any success in his opening qualifying match against Iceland, and the FA agreed along with the majority of chairman.

Solskjaer - "I'm delighted everyone has agreed out friendlys are appropriate and that both nations have agreed to play us, I think it's vital to play some tough games before our qualifier to get us prepared and give our players time to adapt. I have spoken to several players who are delighted to get the chance to play under me however I have advised everyone they must perform at club level to get a start."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Solskjaers first squad announced

Goalkeepers - Kenneth Udjus (Lillestrom), Lars Stubhaug (Honefoss), Hakon Opdal (Start)

Defenders - Vegard Forren (Southampton), John Arne Riise (Fulham), Joackim Jorgensen (Elfsborg), Lars-Christopher Vilsvik (Rosenborg), Joakim Vage Nilsen (Haugesund), Christian Landu-Landu (Molde), Andre Muri (Valerenga), Jo Nymo Matland (Aalesund), Kevin Dure (Fredrikstad), Frode Kippe (Lillestrom)

Midfielders - Magnus Wolff Eikrem (Molde), Tarik Elyounoussi (Rosenborg), Thomas Drage (Tromso), Remi Johansen (Tromso), Petter Vaagan Moen (Lillestrom), Eirik Maeland (Lillestrom), Oyvind Storflor (Stromsgodset)

Strikers - Torgeir Borven (Valerenga), Fredrik Gulbrandsen (Lillestrom), Mohammed Elyounoussi (Start)

Mixed reaction to first squad

Many fans were left questioning some of Solskjaers decisions on certain players branding them not good enough for the squad, Players such as Mohammed Elyounoussi were at the end of some comments claiming he was not good enough to hold down a regular spot, Whilst veterans Frode Kipp & Oyvind Storflor being branded 'too old and offered little to the squad.

Solskjaer -"I have chosen my squad mainly based on performances so far in the league, I understand that certain players are yet to play in their respective leagues such as Brede [Hangeland], Mohammed [Abdellaoue]& Morten Gamst [Pedersen]and speaking to them they didn't feel 100% ready to play but assured me they will be fit for my next selection, I wanted to add a mixture of experience with youth and based on performances so far each player selected have proven to me they can still perform at an adequate level.

I had a team meeting with the lads I have brought in and told them I have dropped some of the experienced and normal 1st team lads and this was everybody's chance to step up to the mark and make competition for the other guys. John Arne Riise spoke out saying he was pleased that certain players were dropped as the were looking too comfortable and this would give them some competition and make them fight for their position again when they are back."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

youngnorwayfans_zps72859566.jpg

Young Norway fans ready for the game

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting Line-Up

Belgiumlineups_zps1d421541.jpg

Norway 0 - 4 Belgium
Goal - Lukaku (11)
Goal - Lukaku (27)
Goal - Lukaku (44)
Goal - Benteke (80)

Att: 19'151
Motm: Lukaku

norwayhomestadium_zps7bf8791d.jpg

Ulleval Stadion, Oslo

Ole Gunner Solskjaer will be left humilated and eating his own words after an atrocious performance from his side as they were easily destroyed by Belgium, Lukaku bagged a first half hat-trick and took any fun out the game for Norway as their debutants had horrible starts as the team is left deflated.

solskjaerbiteslip_zps668c0d0a.jpg

Solskjaer looks on as Lukaku scores his 3rd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Update: Italy game

italybadge_zps0f140a02.jpg

"Ole Ole Ole"

Ole Gunner Solskjaer spotted in England

OleGampSiralex_zpseafe9529.jpg

Norway manager has been spotted arriving in Manchester, England and has a planned visit to meet up with former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, There is speculation he is in talks with his former club to take over when Sir Alex retires however Solskjaer speaking to the press dismissed rumours and branded them laughable.

"I have met up with Sir Alex because he started off my coaching career and when I am in Britain I always have time to meet up with my former manager and club, I have come to Britain to watch Thomas Rogne at Glasgow Celtic.

My mind is purely on Norway and I am not interested in any other role and will not consider or speak to anyone until I feel my job is complete in Norway, As soon as I am done here I will be getting on a flight to Germany to watch several other players in my plans.
"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Erik Huseklepp warning from Solskjaer

huseklepp_zps0b69c2b3.jpg

Brann winger Erik Huseklepp has been warned publicly by Norway manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer that he must start playing 1st team football if he wants to play for his country, The manager admitted he was left disappointed and his opinion of the wingers has changed after he failed to return any calls or answer his phone and he may be left out the next squad for his unprofessionalism.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Molde struggling without Solskjaer

Molde didn't take long before they sacked Solskjaers successor Sollied after a poor start to their season, Now 17 games into the season Molde sit 8th in the league and are 11 points away from the top and most likely looking to kiss goodbye to their trophy.

Stale Solbakken has been tipped as favourite for the job and Solskjaer said he was saddened to see Molde slipping up and hoped the new man can change their fortunes and fight back up the table for the rest of the season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander Odegaard announces International retirement

31 Year old attacking midfielder Alexander Odegaard has announced his retirement from International football, Odegaard made 4 caps for his country and looked like he wasn't in line for any more under Solskjaer and believed it was the right time to definately rule himself of any squads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norway squad announced for Italy game

Goalkeepers - Iven Austbo, Lars Stubhaug, Kenneth Udjus

Defenders - Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, Vegard Forren, Steffen Hagen, Brede Hangeland, Evan Hovland, Joackim Jorgensen, Christian Landu-Landu, John Arne Riise, Knut Olav Rindaroy, Espen Ruud, Fredrik Semb Berge, Lars-Christopher Vilsvik

Midfielders - Yann-Erik de Lanlay, Thomas Drage, Eirik Maeland, Havard Nordtveit, Jonas Svensson, Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

Strikers - Mohammed Abdellaoue, Torgeir Borven

Ole Gunner Solskjaer's decision to call up so many defenders has been question as only two main strikers were named in the squad, There were many changes after the humiliating performance against Belgium. The one noticable person missing was Erik Huseklepp after Solskjaer never received a return phone call from the winger.

Solskjaer: "I understand I have chosen a huge number of defenders however the position is so strong and there are many players who are good enough to play and I'm giving people the chance to show me what they can do."

Landu-Landu injured Demidov called up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonas Svensson suffers double hernia

19 year old Svensson had to pull out of the Norway squad due to suffering a double hernia ruling him out for up to 6 weeks, Solskjaer spoke to the youngster over the phone and advised him to worry about getting fit and playing again before he thinks about international duty as the youngster was distraught about missing his chance to shine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thrashing for Norway

Starting Line-Up

Italylineuos_zps26953c2c.jpg

Italy 3 - 0 Norway
Goal - Bonucci (26)
Goal - Abate (39)
Goal - Rossi (68)

Att:25'300
Motm: Bonucci
Stadium
italystadium_zps9243971d.jpg

Olimpico, Turin

Another disappointing performance from Norway in a tough match in Italy, Solskjaer understood the game was going to be tough but the only real chance his team had came in the 90th minute when Lanlay hit the outside of the post.

fansunhappyitaly_zps48f41c9c.jpg

Norway fans look on disappointed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solskjaer: "I've learned alot about team"

Ole Gunner Solskjaer has released a statement to Norway fans assuring them he knows what he's doing and not to be disheartened by the start they've had, "We played two very tough games and our team was different each game, I have learned alot when it comes to this team and the way we want to play and I have already put those games behind me and will be working non stop for our opening qualifier."

Next Matches:
7.9.12 - Iceland (A) - WCQ
11.9.12 - Slovenia (H) - WCQ

Good start barr the results mate but I'm sure the will come!

Cheers, It was more of a trial and error kind of thing anyway I arranged the friendly's myself and they were both tough teams. At least it gave me an idea of who not to play.

"Ole Ole Ole"

Solskjaer attends Celtic game

celtcpark_zps1cb64e06.jpg

Solskjaer was again spotted in Glasgow, This time watching his former club Molde take on the Scottish champions in a fight for a Champions league place, Solskjaer's taking the chance of both teams meeting to view players for his World Cup Qualifier, Thomas Rogne hasn't been put in the starting line-up however Molde do have several players in their starting line-up to try catch the managers eye and he was not disappointed as he watched a thrilling 5-3 match as Molde scored 3 away goals.

Solskjaer's only disappointment was that none of his Norwegian players performed over and above average meaning he never really got a chance to see a potential player for his next squad

Celtic won 6-3 on aggregate after a 1-0 victory in Norway

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Cup Qualifying squad announced

The players registered to play against Iceland & Slovenia are as follows:

Goalkeepers - Rune Almenning Jarstein, Andre Hansen, Kenneth Udjus

Defenders - Vadim Demidov, Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, Vegard Forren, Brede Hangeland, Tom Hogli, Jonathan Parr, John Arne Riise, Stefan Strandberg, Lars-Christian Vilsvik.

Midfielders - Daniel Braaten, Yann-Erik de Lanlay, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Christian Grindheim, Markus Henriksen, Harmeet Singh, Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Ruben Yttergard Jenssen.

Strikers - Mohammed Abdellaoue, Tarik Elyounoussi, Alexander Soderlund.

Press Conference

Reporter: "Your team are big favourites for this game, how do you feel ?"

Solskjaer: "We must no get complacent however I am confident in my team and that we can get the result expected."

Reporter: "Stefan Strandberg has featured in the past for Norway's youth team, Are you confident he is ready to step up to the seniors ?"

Solskjaer: "Stefan is in my squad for a reason and that's because he's good enough and deserves to be in my squad, Yes he can step up and make his mark."

Reporter: "Tom Hogli hasn't featured in the side for a while, How do you think the lads will react to his return ?"

Solskjaer: "Tom is another talented player and the lads will welcome him back with open arms as we are a team."

World Cup Qualifiers begin

wcqbrazil_zps6f8ba29c.jpg

Starting Line-Up's

icelandlineups_zpse8ff1292.jpg

World Cup Qualifiers Group 5

Iceland 1 - 0 Norway

Goal - Hedinsson (5)

Att: 9'522
Motm: K Sigurdsson
Stadium
icelandstadium_zps01680c04.jpg

Laugardalsvollur

A match Norway controlled throughout the game however went down 1-0 and failed to create any great chances to draw the game level, Solskjaer was left wondering if he had anyone in the team who could score after yet again failing to find the net, Pressure will be mounting on Solskjaer now after another defeat.

Other group 5 results:
Slovenia 3 - 1 Cyprus
Switzerland 4 - 1 Albania

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Learn from your mistakes quickly Ole - Henning Berg

berg_zpsfae5f6e4.jpg

Henning Berg today issued a warning for Ole Gunner Solskjaer after his 3rd defeat as Norway manager, "Ole is an idol for Norway however is reputation will be forgotten about if he cannot learn from his mistakes and get Norway on the right path and winning games."

Solskjaer's start has been disappointing after losing 2 friendly's against Belgium and Italy then losing his first qualifier to Iceland in a game they should have won, The team have failed to score in any of the games and the lack of strikers is evident.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Conference

Reporter: "It's fair to say Norway didn't have the best of times against Iceland, Are you looking for a reaction in todays game ?"

Solskjaer: "The Iceland game will drive us to do better, We must perform and start scoring goals which will give us that confidence needed."

Reporter: "John Arne Riise is missing for the game will your team miss his experience ?"

Solskjaer: "No Riise's experience is helpful however we have other players such as Brede Hangeland who can provide the experience aswell."

Reporter: "What is your reaction to Henning Bergs comments ?"

Solskjaer: "Henning is a friend of mine and entitled to his opinion and I do agree with him, It's vital the mistakes made need to be sorted and it's my job to change it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late Hangeland goal gives Norway a boost

Starting Line-Up's

slovenialineups_zps4627043d.jpg

Norway 1 - 1 Slovenia

Goal - Novakovic (67)
Goal - Hangeland (78)

Att: 25'572
Motm: Brede Hangeland
Stadium

Ulleval Stadion

A mixed bag of emotion for Norway in this game after a 1-1 draw, The bright side for the manager was they scored and managed to get a point which will give them some sort of belief and the team proved they can score although the goal came from a defender.

hangelandcelebrates_zpsfdcb6a64.jpg

Hangeland celebrates equaliser

Other group 5 results:
Albania 1 - 1 Iceland
Cyprus 1 - 2 Switzerland

-------------------------------------------------------------

Press Conference

Reporter: "Morten Gamst Pederson played in his 75th cap for Norway and had a good game, How much of an impact is he for his country ?"

Solskjaer: "Morten is a great role model and alot of the younger players do look up to him, Its a great achievement and hopefully he can continue to play to a top level and add more caps to his total."

Reporter: "A bit of a collectors' Item today from Brede Hangeland, How pleased were you to see him score ?"

Solskjaer: "To be honest I'm just glad we scored! However yes Brede has been working hard and is leading by example."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Next Update - WCQ Games
12.10 - Cyprus (H)
16.10 - Albania (A)

Solskjaer: The next matches we play are MUST win games and if we are to go anywere in the competition we need to start winning games soon."

Mixed results I'm sure they'll start to fire soon

Mixed results I'm sure they'll start to fire soon

Thanks, I hope so too. What do you think of the story honestly ? Anything missing that I need to add or something missing ?

feedback from anyone is missing.

"Ole Ole Ole"

Jonathan Parr out for 3 Month

jonathanparr_zps9dd922dc.jpg

Crystal Palace and Norway defender Jonathan Parr has torn his hamstring ruling him out for up to 3 month, The defender was in the Norway managers plans for the next set of qualifiers and is gutted he will miss out, Solskjaer spoke to the player wishing him well in his recovery re-assuring the defender he's not forgotten about.

Abdellaoue must start performing

abdellaoue_zpsd164d211.jpg

Hannover striker Mohammed Abdellaoue has been warned by Ole Gunner Solskjaer that he must start performing in the Norway squad if he is to remain there regardless of his performances at club level if he isn't doing it at international.

---------------------------------------------------------------

World Cup Qualifying squad announced

The players registered to play against Cyprus & Albania

cypruslogo_zpsaa3db15c.jpg
albanialogo_zpse003377f.jpg

Defenders - Vadim Demidov, Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, Vegard Forren, Brede Hangeland, Tom Hogli, John Arne Riise, Stefan Strandberg, Lars-Christian Vilsvik.

Midfielders - Daniel Braaten, Yann-Erik de Lanlay, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Christian Grindheim, Markus Henriksen, Harmeet Singh, Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Ruben Yttergard Jenssen.

Strikers - Mohammed Abdellaoue, Tarik Elyounoussi, Alexander Soderlund, Joshua King.

Only one change made to the team that played in the first qualifiers as Joshua King replaces injured Jonathan Parr as Solskjaer looks for goalscorers.

OB defender Espen Ruud speaks out

ruud_zps4f63a59d.jpg

Espen Ruud contacted manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer regarding his omission from the squad again and was reportedly unhappy about being told to perform better for his team however was shot down by manager and he quickly apologised and said he was prepared to fight for his place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Press Conference

Reporter: "Your team played very well against Slovenia, You must hope the form carries on?"

Solskjaer: "Everybody here knows the expectations and we need to work hard and ensure a good string of results."

Reporter: "Your team are big favourites for this one, How do you see it going ?"

Solskjaer: "We must not get complacent however I do expect us to win and give us that needed confident boost."

Reporter: "Your decision to omit Espen Ruud from the squad shocked many people including Espen, Does he have a future in the squad ?"

Solskjaer: "I never rule anyone out and Espen is a big talent and he will always be considered, We spoke on the phone and solved some issues.

Braaten rejects walkover

danielbraaten_zps6b86bf2d.jpg

Daniel Braaten dismissed chances of it being an easy win for Norway when they take on Cyprus and said the team must not get complacent otherwise they could make fools of themselves and it was essential everyone remained focussed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norway finally win

Starting Line-Up's

cyprusgame_zps173fbc5d.jpg

Norway 1 - 0 Cyprus

Goal - De Lanlay (30)

Att: 25'236
Motm: Leonidas Papakyriakou
Stadium

Ulleval Stadion

Norway finally won under Solskjaer thanks to a De Lanlay goal, The game wasn't the best and yet again a striker failed to score but the most important thing today was the 3 points and they delivered

delanlaycelebrates_zps71f83dd6.jpg

Teammates surround De Lanlay after goal

Other group 5 results:
Iceland 2 - 4 Switzerland

-------------------------------------------------------------

A Trip to Albania

Albanianairport_zpsec056952.jpg

The flight to Albania was routine as usual with the team relaxed and enjoying different things on the journey, Some playing poker some sleeping others just talking about a variety of different subjects.

However when they landed and entered into the airport the atmosphere was tense with a huge amount of armed security their to assist the team safely to the hotel which did give a number of players a shock and instantly Solskjaer and his boys knew they weren't here for any walk in the park and this would be as tough a game as any would.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Norway turn on the style

Starting Line-Up's

albanialineups_zpscaf4a567.jpg

Albania 0 - 2 Norway

Goal - Abdellaoue
Goal - De Lanlay

Att: 19'600
Motm: Ruben Yttergard Jenssen
Stadium
albaniastadium_zpsa32cc030.jpg

Qemal Stafa Stadium

A great win for Solskjaer and the team will be delighted to get their first confident win of the competition leaving them in a healthy position to get to Brazil, Abdellaoue stepped up to the mark after being pushed by his manager and he opened the scoring.

happysolskjaer_zpsdaf7d8e7.png

Solskjaer shows his delight

Other group 5 results:
Cyprus 1 - 3 Iceland
Switzerland 0 - 0 Slovenia

Group Table
group5after4games_zps3e522559.jpg

Solskjaer praises Abdellaoue

Ole Gunner Solskjaer today heaped praise on Mohammed Abdellaoue for the way he conducted himself after being put under pressure, "The striker was put under pressure and I basically told him publicly if he didn't score then he was out the team and thats a huge thing. He looked so relieved when he scored and I'm sure he'll bang them in from now on."

Many players stood out in the last game and we now have about 5 month without a competitive game however I will again look to arrange some friendlys to keep us in form and used to the tactics and players surrounding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Update: Arranging Friendlys

"Ole Ole Ole"

Norway to take on Faroe Islands

faroeslogo_zps19c41749.jpg

Ole Gunner Solskjaer arranged a friendly against minnows Faroe Islands in a bid to get the team together before their competitive games again and build confidence for the qualifiers, The downside to the fixture is they still need to wait until the new year and will play the Faroes one month before the qualifiers begin again.

Solskjaer on holiday

holiday_zps86814877.jpg

Ole Gunner Solskjaer has announced he is taking a few weeks break to enjoy the sunshine with his family, The Norwegian league is coming to a close and the Norway manager feels it's the right time to take a break before coming back to face the Faroe Islands in a friendly match.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solskjaer a wanted man

bristoljoboffer_zpsbcd5c6dc.jpg

Coventryjob_zps0931e52c.jpg

Coventry City & Bristol City contacted Ole Gunner Solskjaer whilst he was on holiday to enquire about his services, Coventry sit 16th in league 1 and were looking to the Norwegian for help and hoped he would accept the job and become their next manager.

Solskjaer turned down the job offer stating he was focussing solely on Norway and the World Cup qualifiers, He thanked Coventry for their offer however remained assertive he would not be taking any job until after the world cup in 2014.

Stromsgodset wins Norwegian Premier Division

stromgodsfan_zpsb6818e96.jpg

Stromsgodset fans celebrate title win

Start Wins Norwegian First Division

startteamcelebratewithfans_zps2a99c0d8.jpg

Start players celebrate promotion

Season Summary

seasonsummarynorway_zps5100c339.jpg

Faroe Islands friendly team announced

The players registered to play against the Faroe Islands are as follows:

Defenders - Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, Vegard Forren, Brede Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Stefan Strandberg, Lars-Christian Vilsvik, Espen Ruud

Midfielders - Daniel Braaten, Yann-Erik de Lanlay, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Thomas Drage, Markus Henriksen, Harmeet Singh, Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Ruben Yttergard Jenssen.

Strikers - Mohammed Abdellaoue, Tarik Elyounoussi, Joshua King, Torgeir Borven

Norway's morale lifted after 4-1 win

handshake_zps3d842624.jpg

Starting Line-Up's

faroelineups_zpsd06f6b9e.jpg

Friendly

Norway 3 - 0 Faroe Islands

Goal - Borven (7)
Goal - Storflor (15)
Goal - Forren (21)
Goal - Drage (46)

Att: 15'426
Motm: Vegard Forren
Stadium
Stadium

Ulleval Stadion

In a match designed to boost morale the job was done well, Norway stormed 4 goals ahead in the first half and were cruising. The team seemed to shut up shop in the second half and conceded a goal leaving the score at 4-1, Solskjaer used this friendly to play most of his regular players but also play some others to try them out and they performed well with Borven, Storflor & Drage all scoring after being brought into the squad for this game.

Next Update:
World Cup Qualifier
26.3.13 - Switzerland (H)

Back