tommyd150

Reaction score
View attachment 322787 I need abit of help with this young lad he played cup games and about 5-6 league games last season and a few odd month loans out but this season im thinking of giving him a little bit more game time i was just wondering how you would use him? How would you train him? I have Darren Fletcher tutoring him so hopefully that helps him.

P.S Ill keep you updated on his progress.

Hmmm he doesn't have any really obvious roles, but it really depends on how you play and what roles your system uses. He doesn't really look ideal for a specialized role in either attack or defense. He's not going to be ideal for a defensive minded player - strength, composure, bravery, and aggression are lacking. Nor is he going to be an outright attacking player - composure, off the ball, the dribbling are below what you would need. So looking at him as a CM or Box-to-Box rather than something more specialized might be your best bet. Tutoring to improve his personality is definitely a must. I would pick a role and rotate between training that role, strength, composure, and first touch. Give him match time. He's not really Prem-caliber (assuming you are still Prem) so starts are going to be iffy but use him as a sub where possible and try to give him 30 minutes in matches.

if you could train him to increase his passing and vision he could become a decent DLP i think, similar to the way Gareth Barry plays in my Everton save, i just use his range of passing to tick the team over.