stein96

Reaction score
What is the best way to utilise him? I am managing Montpellier and I can't seem to get the best out of him. I have managed to get loads out of Belhanda, Ait Fana and Utaka but Giroud rarely scores.

Click his name, look on reports, and it should say were he plays best and what role/s suit him.

Click his name, look on reports, and it should say were he plays best and what role/s suit him.

Obviously but that alone what do it, a lot goes into how well your players responds to your tactics. Some tactics will fit others as may be the point for Belhanda and Utaka but may not suit Giroud. Also could be the players your surround him with, just because IRL Montpellier won the Ligue 1 does not me the FM12 team will. You may have to bring in new players or move around your tactics so he molds easier.

Obviously but that alone what do it, a lot goes into how well your players responds to your tactics. Some tactics will fit others as may be the point for Belhanda and Utaka but may not suit Giroud. Also could be the players your surround him with, just because IRL Montpellier won the Ligue 1 does not me the FM12 team will. You may have to bring in new players or move around your tactics so he molds easier.

Yeah thats true but just checking his reports alone is sometimes enough. It normally is for me, thats why I suggested that alone.

Yeah thats true but just checking his reports alone is sometimes enough. It normally is for me, thats why I suggested that alone.

Well causal playing is fine, but it's an in depth game with continuous possibilities and I chose to take advantage of that.

Common sense would point to a 'complete forward' role as Giroud possesses all forward qualities allowing him to create as well as score goals however I know through practice with a similar player in Chamakh and a more fluid, short passing tactic, that the physical Chamakh wasn't effective despite possessing all the attributes of a 'complete forward'. So I would initially try Giroud as a 'complete forward'. Having failed that I switched Chamakh to an 'advanced forward' which seemed to utilise him as a mix of a poacher and complete forward which put less emphasis on creating and more so on scoring. He immediately became more effective with 6 goals and 2 assists in 11 games in his first season. Giroud IMO is a better striker than Chamakh in the game so I would hope he would better a 0.5 goal per game ratio. Hope this helped!

U could try to pair him with some fast striker and give him poach or treq role. I did it with Bendtner who is similar to Giroud. Give a try and let me know. Cheers

i watchd him this season cause i knew he was going to arsenal which he just has for 15mill and they used him as a target man sort of so try that